New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

andymonk

29 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  15:46:35  Show Profile Send andymonk a Private Message
Is this symbol the COMPLETE ancient flower of life? I would appreciate any opinions. http://thecompletefloweroflife.blogspot.com/

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  15:59:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Originally posted by andymonk

Is this symbol the COMPLETE ancient flower of life? I would appreciate any opinions. http://thecompletefloweroflife.blogspot.com/
Yes. And in the picture below you'll see stunning proof that the Sun is actually a giant hollow brass sphere with an electromagnet mounted inside...

Oh, and welcome to SFN, andymonk.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  16:02:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message

There is much we know and yet do not know.

There is much we have known and yet do not know.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  16:13:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message

What is utter bullshit? I'll take Platitudes for 400.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 07/22/2007 16:13:47
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  16:25:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message
Originally posted by Ricky

Did you like that?

What makes these platitudes?

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:11:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message

Is this symbol the COMPLETE ancient flower of life?
What does this question even mean? What's a "flower of life?" How old is "ancient?" Does it matter whether it's "COMPLETE" or not?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:24:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message
Originally posted by Dave W.

What does this question even mean? What's a "flower of life?" How old is "ancient?" Does it matter whether it's "COMPLETE" or not?

Dave, are you stealing my technique: asking questions?

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:31:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Looks like a spirograph to me. But what do I know....

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:55:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

The socratic method is as old as, well, Socrates, is it not?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  18:05:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message

The socratic method is as old as, well, Socrates, is it not?

Like a fine wine!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  18:06:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message

Originally posted by Ricky

Did you like that?

What makes these platitudes?

What is I no longer think you have a working grasp of english? I'll take obvious answers to BS questions for $200.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  18:12:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message

Thank you for that. It's clear to me now that the Arabic/Muslim architectural tradition of using beautiful geometrical designs in place of images of people owes those geometrical forms to the Egyptians. You see such decorative patterns on mosques and other buildings all over the Muslim world. Muslims, believing the depiction of humans is forbidden as "idolatry," have long used such patterns instead.

I hadn't known that these "Islamic" patterns themselves originated in ancient Egypt. Nice to know. That they are geometric and Egyptian makes sense. The ancient Egyptians developed the art of geometry because they needed to re-survey farm plots after each annual Nile flood.

But otherwise, one really should not let oneself go delusional over the "meaning" of pretty designs, even if the original artists had some kind of mystical bullshit in mind.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/22/2007 18:19:44
Go to Top of Page

andymonk

29 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  06:13:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send andymonk a Private Message
I believe,the COMPLETE ancient flower of life is an interdimensional tool,a portal,a link back to awareness of the universal consciousness(god,the collective unconscious or whatever you want to call it). The universal consciousness we were all part of before we entered this material world. The original fol(found in "the osireion" at abydos in egypt)is incomplete because it is only the first layer of three. The complete flower has the other two layers added,making it three dimensional. If you relax(sit three feet away from the screen)and let the flower slowly draw your eyes out of focus,the flower will open. Try and not focus on any one point,blankly stare,take the flower in as a whole. Do not strain your eyes,as it will happen naturally. We do not see with our eyes,we see THROUGH our eyes. Let your mind focus,dont fight it. You may get a headache and itchy eyes,this will quickly disappear. This is not a known science,but if you let it happen,you will be supprised by what appears. 4love and light 2allx The complete ancient flower of life is not a stereogram,a magic eye image or any other man made optical illusion. (use the hand drawn flower) I look forward to any feedback.
Go to Top of Page

andymonk

29 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  06:15:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send andymonk a Private Message
The complete fol contains the tree,the fruit,the egg and the seed of life. The complete flower also contains the three dimensional metatron cube which holds all the platonic solids. Not just the building blocks of life,but the building blocks of creation itself. http://www.sangraal.com/library/dedicated.htm
Edited by - andymonk on 07/24/2007 06:23:36
Go to Top of Page

andymonk

29 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  06:22:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send andymonk a Private Message

The incomplete fol is found all over the ancient world. The oldest and original incomplete fol is found on several pillars within "the osireion" at abydos in egypt. The osireion(the tomb of osiris)is known to be the oldest building in egypt. To this day,no egyptologists or archaeologist can or wont explain why,who or what the flower was put there for. I believe,the flower has been delibarately ignored,so world secret societies can keep the flowers secrets hidden. http://www.users.bigpond.com/MSN/gary_fletcher/osireion.html http://www.grahamhancock.com/library/fotg/c45-5.htm
Edited by - andymonk on 08/01/2007 06:22:47
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  07:02:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
andy, first you should try to clean up the formatting of your posts some. They are very hard to read when you go beyond two sentences. Maybe use a paragraph break or two.

Second:
The universal consciousness we were all part of before we entered this material world.

You'll need to provide some evidence.

We do not see with our eyes,we see THROUGH our eyes.

Another baseless asertion. Obviously we see with our eyes. Yes, our brain processes the raw data, which is why our vision is so easily fooled by optical illusions, and its also the reason we see patterns where none actually exist.

Try this illusion. One of the better examples of our flawed visual perception.

This one is fun also.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.