Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  07:26:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Originally posted by andymonk
I know its not a very good explaination but its hard to explain. If anyone can see what i,m trying to say,could they try and explain it better. If you drew a circle on a wallpapered wall,would you call that a ringed sample of the wallpaper?
I am sorry. I still don't get it at all. Your initial post asked if a particular symbol was "the COMPLETE ancient flower of life." I would like to hazard a guess, but have no idea what the "ancient flower of life," complete or not. Is this flower a real tangible object? Could I pick one while walking through a field? Do please try to explain what you're getting at!
Go to Top of Page

andymonk

29 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  17:30:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send andymonk a Private Message
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

I know its not a very good explaination but its hard to explain. If anyone can see what i,m trying to say,could they try and explain it better. If you drew a circle on a wallpapered wall,would you call that a ringed sample of the wallpaper?
I am sorry. I still don't get it at all. Your initial post asked if a particular symbol was "the COMPLETE ancient flower of life." I would like to hazard a guess, but have no idea what the "ancient flower of life," complete or not. Is this flower a real tangible object? Could I pick one while walking through a field? Do please try to explain what you're getting at!
The"flower of life" is not a flower,that is the name given to this ancient symbol.
Go to Top of Page

andymonk

29 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  17:33:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send andymonk a Private Message
This may be of interest. I believe,the symbol on this knights templar tombstone(link1),found in the st magnus cathedral,kirkwall,orkney,scotland(link2),is a representation of the egg of life(sacred geometry,link3),which is found within the first layer of the complete flower of life. Any opinions? :) http://bennerfarms.com/dutch/Crusades/StMagnus.jpg http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/stmagnus/cathedral.jpg http://www.mendhak.com/paranormal/parascience/sacred_geometry_14.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  18:23:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message

Any opinions?
Yeah, there are only so-many hexagonal designs that are easily created with compass and straightedge.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  18:25:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
What am I saying? With compass only.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  18:26:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Originally posted by andymonk...

This may be of interest. I believe,the symbol on this knights templar tombstone(link1),found in the st magnus cathedral,kirkwall,orkney,scotland(link2),is a representation of the egg of life(sacred geometry,link3),which is found within the first layer of the complete flower of life. Any opinions?
Yes. I am of the opinion that you are obsessing over the origin and/or distribution of a simple, common geometric design. It is a design which, with no doubt, would be independently created time and time again given a grade school full of children armed with compasses and paper. Certainly the independent creation of the design by various artisans throughout the ages can't be that difficult to fathom. I would find it surprising if such a simple geometric construction wasn't used to embellish buildings, walls, sculptures, etc., for as long as humans have carved decorative shapes in wood or stone.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  18:53:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
How to draw "the first layer of the complete flower of life"
  1. Obtain a compass. Set it to whatever radius you desire.

2. Draw a circle.

3. Pick any point along the circle you drew in step 2, and use it as a center point to draw a second circle.

4. Use the two points where the circles from steps 2 and 3 intersect as the center points to draw two more circles.

5. Pick any intersection of any two circles that has not yet been used as the center of a circle, and use it as a center point to draw another circle.

6. Repeat step five, using all intersections closest to the circle you drew in step 2 first, until you've drawn nineteen circles, total.
The idea that there's anything sacred about this geometry is ludicrous.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

andymonk

29 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  14:24:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send andymonk a Private Message
Originally posted by Dave W.

How to draw "the first layer of the complete flower of life"
  1. Obtain a compass. Set it to whatever radius you desire.

2. Draw a circle.

3. Pick any point along the circle you drew in step 2, and use it as a center point to draw a second circle.

4. Use the two points where the circles from steps 2 and 3 intersect as the center points to draw two more circles.

5. Pick any intersection of any two circles that has not yet been used as the center of a circle, and use it as a center point to draw another circle.

6. Repeat step five, using all intersections closest to the circle you drew in step 2 first, until you've drawn nineteen circles, total.
The idea that there's anything sacred about this geometry is ludicrous.
I agree,it is very easy to draw the incomplete flower of life. Can you explain or draw the COMPLETE flower of life?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  16:05:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message

I agree,it is very easy to draw the incomplete flower of life. Can you explain or draw the COMPLETE flower of life?
The "COMPLETE flower of life" is what? How is this significant in the real world, and where's your evidence?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

recurve boy
Skeptic Friend

Australia
53 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  16:15:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send recurve boy a Private Message

It appears to be the basic pattern repeated in different sizes. If d is the diameter of the basic circle, there appear to be circles of 2d. The pattern of the large circles follows the same layout of the smaller circles.

The easiest way to see how often the pattern repeats: just draw it out (in say, GIMP)
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  16:36:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Originally posted by HalfMooner...

The "COMPLETE flower of life" is what? How is this significant in the real world, and where's your evidence?
Remember the OP, 'Mooner...

Is this symbol the COMPLETE ancient flower of life? I would appreciate any opinions. http://thecompletefloweroflife.blogspot.com/
Right there he asks whether something is or is not the complete ancient flower of life. Add that to the fact that he hasn't posted any sort of articulate response when asked to define it. Apparently even andymonk doesn't know what it is.

Hey, andymonk, if you ever actually do figure out what the complete ancient flower of life is, come back and let us know, will ya?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  16:57:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Originally posted by GeeMack

Originally posted by HalfMooner...

Remember the OP, 'Mooner...

Is this symbol the COMPLETE ancient flower of life? I would appreciate any opinions. http://thecompletefloweroflife.blogspot.com/
Right there he asks whether something is or is not the complete ancient flower of life. Add that to the fact that he hasn't posted any sort of articulate response when asked to define it. Apparently even andymonk doesn't know what it is.

Hey, andymonk, if you ever actually do figure out what the complete ancient flower of life is, come back and let us know, will ya?

My bad.

We were supposed to find the flower for him, I guess, and he'd know what to do with it then.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  17:18:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
The"flower of life" is not a flower,that is the name given to this ancient symbol.
So what's the point? I'm not sure what the question is, or what you're suggesting.
Go to Top of Page

andymonk

29 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  12:12:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send andymonk a Private Message
Unlike other mandala,the complete ancient flower of life has no design,measurement or straight lines. The complete flower grows organically from the first circle onwards,it draws itself. This is one of the reasons why the flower is called the creation mandala. I forgot to add...... the flower should be contemplated in darkness,only have the computer on,no lights. :)
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  13:16:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
How many "layers" are there to the "complete flower?"

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.