Falwell redux?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  05:46:11  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It appears that Jonathon Falwell is set to follow in his father's footsteps.
Bill Berkowitz
July 30, 2007

Jonathan Falwell on the march
Kicking it into high gear after his father's death, Falwell defends Ann Coulter, and appears at a historic evangelical Christian/Muslim meet-up in Washington

The Rev. Jonathan Falwell appears to be picking up from where his father, the late Rev. Jerry Falwell, left off. In his first contribution as a regular weekend columnist for the conservative online publication, WorldNetDaily, Falwell issued a dad-like attack on the liberal media while making a spirited defense of best selling author/provocateur Ann Coulter. Falwell accused the traditional media of consistently distorting her remarks. Volunteering his support for the embattled Coulter, Falwell wrote: "As long as you continue to contradict the policies of the mainstream ... you will carry a target on your back. This is a truth my dad, Jerry Falwell, experienced almost daily throughout his 51 years in ministry."
What young Jonathon fails to realize, or just plain denys, is that Daddy Jerry richly deserved every shot fired at his fat ass.

It further appears that he's at least as much of a blatherskite as his sire ever was, but it remains to be seen if he's as stupid.

Probably, he is -- anyone who'd snuggle up to the Coulter skank can't have very many smarts to start with. Sometimes I wonder if she's the only woman in the world that could give you a dose of the Dreaded Drip with no physical contact at all.

So, here we go again, or rather, we continue on. Another day, another obnoxious, theocratic dipshit to contend with.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 08/01/2007 07:01:34

Vic Daring

49 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  06:27:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vic Daring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if he's going to feel the need to remind everyone about his bloodline wth every insipid missive.

"My dad, Jerry Falwell, said abortionists are evul!!!"

"Teaching evolution is indoctrinating kids into atheism, as my dad, Jerry Falwell, knew well."

"The homosexual agenda is destroying America. People attacked my dad, Jerry Falwell, when he pointed that out."

"My dad was Jerry Falwell."

"Did I mention who my dad was?"

Etc.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  06:46:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty funny stuff. This guy Jonathan Falwell claims both Coulter and his father are victims of media distortion of what they said. Hell, with the words on record from both of those near-fascists, there's no need to distort, when you can just quote 'em.

And now Jonathan is kissing up to the totally fascistic Christian Reconstructionists, the same folks who both claim the famously secular Founding Fathers were bigoted Christians like themselves, and want to destroy the Founders' legacy of Constitutional rights.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  06:52:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Vic Daring

I wonder if he's going to feel the need to remind everyone about his bloodline wth every insipid missive.

"Teaching evolution is indoctrinating kids into atheism, as my dad, Jerry Falwell, knew well."

"The homosexual agenda is destroying America. People attacked my dad, Jerry Falwell, when he pointed that out."

Etc.
Yeh. Little doubt there. I'm sure that he'll reference the late Jerry at every opportunity, at least until he becomes as well known. Jerry has become a rung on Jonathon's ladder.

I wonder if he will turn out to be as dishonest as Jerry was.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  07:15:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

And now Jonathan is kissing up to the totally fascistic Christian Reconstructionists, the same folks who both claim the famously secular Founding Fathers were bigoted Christians like themselves, and want to destroy the Founders' legacy of Constitutional rights.

And why not? Just look at the lucrative career his fat bastard father had, and he is used to a certain type of lifestyle. It's going to take a steady stream of revenue to keep that up...

...oh, and the whole "spread the good news" thing too.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  19:06:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Vic Daring

Etc.

Well, the kings of old always had a penchant of reminding the populace of their divine ancestry.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 07/31/2007 19:06:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.