Politics
 Putin's Russia= Scary place
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  11:15:37  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
link

Heres an article about a Kremlin-sponsered camp for kids, which stinks of the Third Reich. Yet another in a long line of fascist leanings in Russia. I am officially more scared of Russia than I am of my own Government(US). The irony of this last statment is not lost on me howver.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  11:37:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess capitalism has failed.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  13:16:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn, that's scary.

On the other hand, I find myself sorry there were no sex camp for me to attend when I so desperately needed one as a teen.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  04:57:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh, Mooner, they get married on the spot before any sexing.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  06:14:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thw world's a scary place getting scarier all the time:

We have North Korea.... I still think the fear from lil' Kim is over-blown. He's in the somfort zone of his little cult, and I don't think he'll jeapordize his posh life.

We have China...... China really wouldn't be a concern if it hadn't been for us handing them everything they needed to kill us.

And Russia. I have never been a Putin fan. I thought from the first picture I saw of him that he would be the perfect Anti-Christ in a movie...... I tried not to let it color me in my judgements of him, but he really hasn't appeased my first impression.

Where China has a very limited history of going over it's borders, the Russians are freakin' Vikings....... They have never been concerned with borders. They have never had any concern about stifling any opinion not there own. Hell, they have liscence to come over hear and kill you or I individually if we get on their bad side.

Maybe a bit of competition on the world stage is good for us. Maybe our leaders will be both less cocky with our positin, and less willing to show weakness as well...... Maybe we could have a government that actually looked after us instead of themselves and their freinds.... Damn, I went from reality to dreamland.
Go to Top of Page

Vic Daring

49 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  06:36:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vic Daring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A weird article. Kind of meanders off into a bunch of tangents and never does a very good job of taking a close look at its supposed subject matter.

I'm..uh, well, skeptical.

Maybe one of those, real event/inaccurate portrayal type things?

ETA: Newsweek story

Wikipedia entry

Probably doesn't rise to the scary level of Hitler Youth. Certainly seems a nationalistic indoctrination of youth, though.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Edited by - Vic Daring on 07/31/2007 08:33:00
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  06:48:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, very strange, and with the media's penchant for demonizing foreign leaders and outright lying about people like Chavez, I'm sure even if the facts are right, the spin is probably high-speed.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  07:52:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Uh, Mooner, they get married on the spot before any sexing.
Hell, I would'a done that, too, if it was required.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.