New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  06:40:19  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cant imagine that the SFN store is raking in the dough, no offense but plain'o shirts with SFN on them are the type of shirts which permeate the Goodwill racks, and seriously, I dont know anyone who has ever purchased a tote bag.

Just let me know when the SFN store has my T-shirt with God on it saying "I hate America, especially Minnesota!" You can also use this for a SFN t-shirt: "Just let me know when your flat Earth gets back from the center of the Universe..."

How about flat Earth coasters, you can put a sticker on the bottom that says "not suitable for use away from the center of the Universe, the deluxe version can be made from 6000 year old rock!

How about, "The FSM hates Phelpses!" If FSM is not copyrighted...

Also I'd like a shirt which has a cut-away diagram of the sun with neutron star center and hollow iron core w/craters on top.

I you do a good job I'll give you my best shirt idea.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  06:59:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How 'bout coffee cups, black ones, with an image of the Piltdown skull and/or Archeoraptor & the SFN logo? It'd work on tees, too.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  07:02:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest, the biggest problem we have is that none of the SFN staff are artists.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  07:45:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah thats my primary problem with my board game designs.*

*Besides not being rich enough to have somebedy else do all the work...

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  09:37:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well. I'm not an artist, but I can try my hand at some designs...*
* except for my utter lack of time.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  10:01:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

To be honest, the biggest problem we have is that none of the SFN staff are artists.

I nominate Halfmooner...

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  15:23:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've started to work on this guy, "Uri Piltdown," who might accept a job as SFN Mascot:

[Edited to display latest version.]

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/15/2007 17:00:26
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  19:25:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey - I have a bit of talent and my kid if she's interested even more

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  21:00:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You folks with actual artistic talent -- go for it!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  02:58:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I propose we sell our own branded bottled water. We'd be idiots not to cash in on this scam:

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/16/2007 03:19:43
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  10:18:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will say that the position of SFN Artistic Director is up for grabs, as it has been for years. I will also say that the pay sucks.

Anyone is free to audition for the job by presenting a "Post of the Month" award image to go along with our "Topic of the Month" award, Jackie, the golden jackalope:

The "Post of the Month" award should be an image of a keyboard that's on fire and smoking, and it must include the words "Post of the Month." It should be no larger than about 140x140 pixels.

Smoke and fire are hard to get right. I know, I've tried several times. With luck, the audition will be the hardest part of the job because of that. Email entries to me in JPG, GIF or PNG formats, please do not post them to any thread.

The judgement of the SFN staff will be final.

Edited to add that the background of the "Post of the Month" award must also be transparent.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  11:27:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

PNG

JPG

GIF

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  19:21:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bad HalfMooner! Bad!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  19:27:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Bad HalfMooner! Bad!
I like it...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  20:03:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I like it...
Figures. But he broke the hastily thrown-together rules.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  20:12:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Kil

I like it...
Figures. But he broke the hastily thrown-together rules.
I'll bite.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.