Hell? Oh, Goodbye!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  17:06:46  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another Beatles lyric, this time "Hello, Goodbye" written by Paul McCartney. The images are taken from many Chick Tracts. Chick sure likes to see people thrown in the eternal Lake of Fire.

[Edited to replace image(s) lost by ImageShack)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/06/2008 04:18:37

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  04:19:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that's your best lyrical Chick!

"Nothing frightens me more than religion at my door."

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  09:55:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, maledoro! I really have no idea when I do these things. I suspect humor should be a cooperative effort. I have nobody but myself to "bounce" my ideas off before posting the results. All I can do is see a theme, follow it, amd hope it works.

With these Beatles lyrics, the last bit seemed especially sad to me, with the guy (a "good Catholic," condemned for his Catholicism by Chick's hyper-Calvinist God) blubbering in panic at the end.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/06/2007 10:44:13
Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  11:00:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've appropriated Chick artwork for my own propaganda needs. I've been making my own "cartoons" for my buddies' entertainment on the IMDb where I'd make fun of our resident trolls by putting them in some of the roles of the fanatics and other assorted weirdos.

I've made two so far, one was based on "Best Friend", and the other was from "Fairy Tales". The latter gets more points as it takes a swipe at Creationists when a priest compares some retconning trolls to them!

Keep the faith, brutha!

-John Cale
Edited by - maledoro on 09/06/2007 11:01:32
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  11:22:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by maledoro

I've appropriated Chick artwork for my own propaganda needs. I've been making my own "cartoons" for my buddies' entertainment on the IMDb where I'd make fun of our resident trolls by putting them in some of the roles of the fanatics and other assorted weirdos.

I've made two so far, one was based on "Best Friend", and the other was from "Fairy Tales". The latter gets more points as it takes a swipe at Creationists when a priest compares some retconning trolls to them!

Keep the faith, brutha!

Great! I'd love to see your efforts. Have a link?

I've seen some wonderfully funny and effective Chick spoofs that I think are far better than my efforts. I'd rather be reading 'em than making 'em.

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  14:25:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hah, much better than the original, I'm sure.
I love how the angels just... toss the poor damned souls. It's like soul bowling.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  16:17:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Siberia

Hah, much better than the original, I'm sure.
I love how the angels just... toss the poor damned souls. It's like soul bowling.
LOL! Soul bowling! Nice way to put it, Siberia. They probably make wagers on which angel can hit a demon.

Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  14:39:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner
Great! I'd love to see your efforts. Have a link?

I've seen some wonderfully funny and effective Chick spoofs that I think are far better than my efforts. I'd rather be reading 'em than making 'em.

Okay, here's a bit of back story. I am a member of the Internet Movie Database, a forum that has no moderation whatsoever. Lately, there had been a rash of trolls who would bait members and report the responses (no matter how diplomatic they are) as a violation.

Anyway more backstory. There are two groups of fans of the Alien films; the Alien Cognoscenti (to whom I belong), who take the time to study books and documentaries about the films; and the other group, the Alien Illiterati, who just go with what was shown onscreen and come up with all kinds of strange ideas about what they had seen.

The first story is about a lad who won't respect the words of the creators of the movies, but is willing to resort to tactics used by hack writers such as "retconning".

This next one showcases two more recent trolls (they do not belong to either group):

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  17:10:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's rich stuff, Mal! Excellent, and thanks!

Goes to show that the Power of Chick can be used for any purpose under the sun! I was a big Star Trek fan, back in the years between the end of the Original Series and the first movie. I can imagine using Chick Tracts for the arcane arguments we had then, too.

But you went further, actually educating people about the problem you guys were having at IMDb!

Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  19:22:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's rich stuff, Mal! Excellent, and thanks!

Thanks!

But you went further, actually educating people about the problem you guys were having at IMDb!

Educating everybody but the trolls. Again, thanks! I like to leave people with that warm, "The More You Know" feeling!

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.