New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  20:05:58  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guaranteed that this 50 seconds will stand the hair up on the back of your neck.
Cue Twilight Zone Music

The children chant:

Height
Hit
Steel
Plane
Must

Now if thats not freaky, I no not what is!

Moved to the humor folder where it belongs

Kil

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell

Edited by - JEROME DA GNOME on 09/10/2007 20:07:29

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  21:19:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Guaranteed that this 50 seconds will stand the hair up on the back of your neck.
Cue Twilight Zone Music

The children chant:

Height
Hit
Steel
Plane
Must

Err, wich particular 50 seconds of that 363 seconds was I supposed to be chilled by?

I know this is the moonscape news folder, but WTF?

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  21:22:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JohnOAS

Cue Twilight Zone Music

The children chant:

Height
Hit
Steel
Plane
Must

Err, wich particular 50 seconds of that 363 seconds was I supposed to be chilled by?

I know this is the moonscape news folder, but WTF?

This first 50 seconds---when the children are chanting at the same time a plane is hitting a high steel tower.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  22:07:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Except that nobody was chanting that, nor even saying those words. And this is in Moonscape, why?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/11/2007 06:10:21
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  22:11:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Except that nobody was chanting that, nor even saying those words. And this is is Moonscape, why?

Did you watch the first 50 seconds?

There was certainly a chant, and the chant was certainly these words:

Height
Hit
Steel
Plane
Must

Where else should I put this freaky coincidence?

Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  22:32:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And this is is Moonscape, why?
Well, you know the motto here:

"Hard hitting and unencumbered by facts!"

Certainly fits the bill....

Edited to add: Although it's nowhere near as funny as yours are, HalfMooner
Edited by - Boron10 on 09/10/2007 22:34:11
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  00:27:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Boron10

And this is is Moonscape, why?
Well, you know the motto here:

"Hard hitting and unencumbered by facts!"

Certainly fits the bill....

Edited to add: Although it's nowhere near as funny as yours are, HalfMooner
Yeah, that fits.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  00:40:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Except that nobody was chanting that, nor even saying those words. And this is is Moonscape, why?

Height
Hit
Steel
Plane
Must

I saw a rapid-fire reading by the class. The teacher is keeping up a fast pace. One word read at a time, however fast, isn't a "chant." I heard, "mud," not "must," for what little it's worth. But even if all the words you list were there, and "chanted," your point is what, Jerome?

Go to Top of Page

Yojimbo99

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  00:42:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Yojimbo99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want my 6 minutes back

It's not so much wanting to die, but controlling that moment, choosing your own way. - GG Allin
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  01:32:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IMAGINATION, n.
A warehouse of facts, with poet and liar in joint ownership.
~~ Ambrose Bierce

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  07:00:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This first 50 seconds---when the children are chanting at the same time a plane is hitting a high steel tower.
Except they aren't saying that.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  07:34:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's break this down, Jerome. I'll start, because you seem to have cold feet about making any real conclusions, instead just trolling to add to the general paranoid background noise.

First, apparently nobody here except you hears that list of words, which, even if they were spoken would prove nothing. You begin with no evidence, then blithely go on to imply grave paranoid "connections" to other events.

You seem to be implying that this teacher, and maybe her little students, were aware of the 9/11 attacks in advance, and chose to reveal this by chanting certain key words? Just a few questions:

1) Why? Why would the 9/11 conspirators, be they Al Qaeda or the New World Order, tell this elementary public school teacher in advance? Wouldn't that be a bizarrely risky breach of security? Or are all teachers part of Them? (That would seem to fit with your hatred for, and apparent avoidance of, public education.)

2) What would be the point of the chanting, if it were done by someone with foreknowledge of 9/11? Some kind of voodoo magic? Huh, Jerome?

3) Do you have any idea how bat-shit, paranoid crazy this make us think you are?

4) Do you have any idea how angry this kind of insane fantasy crap makes some of us, while Bin Laden is still on the loose six years after the attacks?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/11/2007 07:36:11
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  08:02:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not implying anything. Please read what I wrote.

If you want to know what I think:

I think this is a freaky coincidence.

This is not proof, implication, suspicion, or anything of the sort that is being implied by the response posts.

Edited by - JEROME DA GNOME on 09/11/2007 08:11:21
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  08:06:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Let's break this down, Jerome. I'll start, because you seem to have cold feet about making any real conclusions, instead just trolling to add to the general paranoid background noise.

First, apparently nobody here except you hears that list of words, which, even if they were spoken would prove nothing. You begin with no evidence, then blithely go on to imply grave paranoid "connections" to other events.

You seem to be implying that this teacher, and maybe her little students, were aware of the 9/11 attacks in advance, and chose to reveal this by chanting certain key words? Just a few questions:

1) Why? Why would the 9/11 conspirators, be they Al Qaeda or the New World Order, tell this elementary public school teacher in advance? Wouldn't that be a bizarrely risky breach of security? Or are all teachers part of Them? (That would seem to fit with your hatred for, and apparent avoidance of, public education.)

2) What would be the point of the chanting, if it were done by someone with foreknowledge of 9/11? Some kind of voodoo magic? Huh, Jerome?

3) Do you have any idea how bat-shit, paranoid crazy this make us think you are?

4) Do you have any idea how angry this kind of insane fantasy crap makes some of us, while Bin Laden is still on the loose six years after the attacks?

Your questions seem paranoid. Were you once a WOO?

You have made up a great deal beyond what I said. I am sorry you can not enjoy a freaky coincidence without paranoid projections onto the messenger.

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  08:07:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Yojimbo99

I want my 6 minutes back

Its only the first 50 seconds. I gave instructions.

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  08:09:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Height
Hit
Steel
Plane
Must

I saw a rapid-fire reading by the class. The teacher is keeping up a fast pace. One word read at a time, however fast, isn't a "chant." I heard, "mud," not "must," for what little it's worth. But even if all the words you list were there, and "chanted," your point is what, Jerome?

The words are written on the board; the teacher is pointing to them during the chant.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.