Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 Rejoice Republicans, the Savior approachth.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  00:58:55  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And you really should try and correct that lisp.

It's been a dismal election season thus far for our Republican friends. They have a huge field of presidential candidates and virtually none of them is satisfactory. For example:

Sen. John McCain: losing his grip on any sort of reality.

Rudy Giuliani
: Milking 9/11 like an eight-titted cow.

Mitt Romney: Changes his views almost as often as his socks, and anyway, can a Mormon be a real Christian?

Fred Thompson: Not too bright and dog-lazy.

The rest of them: Range from dingbats to dreamers and have little chance of winning anything beyond getting their names in the papers, and boring us out of our gourds with nonsense.

But despair not, it's Alan Keys to the rescue!
After two previous runs for U.S. president, former Reagan diplomat Alan Keyes has announced he's again seeking the White House in the 2008 election, and he'll take part in Monday night's Republican presidential debate here.

Keyes told syndicated radio host Janet Parshall he's “unmoved” by the lack of moral courage shown by the other candidates, among whom he sees no standout who articulates the “key kernel of truth that must, with courage, be presented to our people.”

He added, “The one thing I've always been called to do is to raise the standard … of our allegiance to God and His authority that has been the foundation stone of our nation's life” – and he decried the lack of “forthright, clear, and clarion declaration” from the current crop of presidential contenders.

As a result, Keyes said, “We're putting together an effort that's not going to be like anything before, because it's going to be entirely based on citizen action. We're going to be challenging people to take a pledge for America's revival,” and elevate them from spectators in the political arena to participants.

Yes, here we have a real Christian Conservative, one who would not hesitate to show his family values by tossing his daughter into the gutter for being a lesbian. Oh yeah, solid!

I do hope he gets the nomination. If so, the election campaigns will be such fun!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/16/2007 01:00:21

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  02:18:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just don'th thee any of them looking very insthpiring. Not Prethidenthial.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  09:17:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

And you really should try and correct that lisp.

It's been a dismal election season thus far for our Republican friends. They have a huge field of presidential candidates and virtually none of them is satisfactory. For example:

Sen. John McCain: losing his grip on any sort of reality.

Rudy Giuliani
: Milking 9/11 like an eight-titted cow.

Mitt Romney: Changes his views almost as often as his socks, and anyway, can a Mormon be a real Christian?

Fred Thompson: Not too bright and dog-lazy.

The rest of them: Range from dingbats to dreamers and have little chance of winning anything beyond getting their names in the papers, and boring us out of our gourds with nonsense.

But despair not, it's Alan Keys to the rescue!
After two previous runs for U.S. president, former Reagan diplomat Alan Keyes has announced he's again seeking the White House in the 2008 election, and he'll take part in Monday night's Republican presidential debate here.

Keyes told syndicated radio host Janet Parshall he's “unmoved” by the lack of moral courage shown by the other candidates, among whom he sees no standout who articulates the “key kernel of truth that must, with courage, be presented to our people.”

He added, “The one thing I've always been called to do is to raise the standard … of our allegiance to God and His authority that has been the foundation stone of our nation's life” – and he decried the lack of “forthright, clear, and clarion declaration” from the current crop of presidential contenders.

As a result, Keyes said, “We're putting together an effort that's not going to be like anything before, because it's going to be entirely based on citizen action. We're going to be challenging people to take a pledge for America's revival,” and elevate them from spectators in the political arena to participants.

Yes, here we have a real Christian Conservative, one who would not hesitate to show his family values by tossing his daughter into the gutter for being a lesbian. Oh yeah, solid!

I do hope he gets the nomination. If so, the election campaigns will be such fun!

You do realize that Barack Obama beat this guy for his Senate seat, right? The debate was hillarious. Keyes claimed that Obama was taking the "slaveholder" position. and Obama said he was running for US Senate, not Pastor.

One of the reasons I voted for Obama. In hindsight, I'd vote for him again. He got a bunch of highway and school funds for the state. Now the fact that the f-in' state goverment has pissed it away by not passing a budget on time..... again. (a-holes)

I'd like to attach by strap the arms of the Mafia Boss (Mike Madigan) and the Used Car Salesman (Rod Blagoyovich) and let them knife fight the impasse out. (Openly hoping they are both killed in the exchange so that the government can move on with a budget.)

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  10:32:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember that, although at the time, I didn't know who Obama was. It was pretty funny and a rematch would be even more entertaining. I love watching these neo-conservative shitheads getting roundly thrashed, and get to see it all too seldom. Y'know, I wonder why; they half flog them selves to death with their own deceitful tongues right from the get-go. It should be easy to finish them off.

Whether he gets nominated or not, and he won't, he should be good for a laugh or two.

I'm reading that Gingrich is still playing the coquette about entering. Make up your mind, Newt, and bring it! I'd love to see your sorry ass get kicked as well.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  17:01:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alan Keyes is really Ann Coulter in blackface and a suit.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  17:31:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

That weird wrist thing would be a dead giveaway. How to get him to pose?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  19:56:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by HalfMooner

That weird wrist thing would be a dead giveaway. How to get him to pose?
I just can't understand the wrist articulation in that Coulter photo. It's creepy, like an extra elbow. I suspect he's reverting to his Reptiloid form. But maybe he just never got the human likeness down pat. Certainly he did even more poorly simulating the appearance of a human female.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  20:28:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may have been right. Here's Alan Keyes, addressing Minutemen:

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  20:38:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just remember, people: you read it here first on SFN!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  03:14:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coulter is an unusual phenomina, true, but not a particularly remarkable one. There are several parallels to be found in nature, both physical and of disposition.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  05:14:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Coulter is an unusual phenomina, true, but not a particularly remarkable one. There are several parallels to be found in nature, both physical and of disposition.

I wish I'd had a super-wrist like Coulter's when I need it most, in my teens.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  12:57:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, nobody saw it.

No one caught the exquisite nuance of the mantid image I put up. I've been trying to teach you turkeys a little Natural History on these boards for better'n a half a goddamn decade now, and nobody fucking caught it!

I have failed….

The praying mantis in the image is a male -- I think I'll go get drunk…

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  13:26:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The praying mantis in the image is a male
That wasn't obvious from the Adam's Apple?

I think this is a case where you're being too sensitive, filthy. I mean, if someone had disagreed with the similarity between a male mantis and Coulter, then yeah, go ahead and get upset.

Otherwise, assume we're laughing with you.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  15:21:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

The praying mantis in the image is a male
That wasn't obvious from the Adam's Apple?

I think this is a case where you're being too sensitive, filthy. I mean, if someone had disagreed with the similarity between a male mantis and Coulter, then yeah, go ahead and get upset.

Otherwise, assume we're laughing with you.
Laughing at me's ok; it means you're leaving someone else alone.

I like to leave a little bomb simmering in a thread, every once in a while. To the credit of the membership, virtually all of them have been caught, albeit unknowingly. Except this one, and I admit that it was a little unfair; how many other than bug-freaks like me know that a male mantis is, in general, a bit smaller and a lot lighter in build than it's murderous spouse?

Well, you do.... now.

So pay attention; there'll be another bye & bye.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  16:13:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is no GOP savior.

Hillary is the predetermined winner.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  16:29:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

There is no GOP savior.

Hillary is the predetermined winner.
Oh really? And you have come to this conclusion, how?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.