Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  21:42:30  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The US euphemistically-called "private military contractor" (ie., mercenary gang, or hired killers) Blackwater has been banned by Iraq's government from operating anywhere in Iraq, following a gun battle in which they apparently killed a number of Iraqi civilians while in the employ of the US State Department.

Blackwater USA is a heavily-armed private army of 40,000, run by fundy Christian and former Navy SEAL Erik Prince, out of North Carolina.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/17/2007 21:43:38

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  21:48:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

The US euphemistically-called "private military contractor" (ie., mercenary gang, or hired killers) Blackwater has been banned by Iraq's government from operating anywhere in Iraq, following a gun battle in which they apparently killed a number of Iraqi civilians while in the employ of the US State Department.

Blackwater USA is a heavily-armed private army of 40,000, run by fundy Christian and former Navy SEAL Erik Prince, out of North Carolina.

The funny thing to me was; I thought about bringing up Blackwater months ago, but I assumed I would be called a tinfoil hat wearing lier.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  22:11:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again you assumed wrong, J.

Skeptics realize that not everything weird is tinfoil hat stuff. Some conspiracies can be real, and can be documented. Hell, 9/11 was a conspiracy, just not a domestic, "insider" one.

Blackwater itself exists, is controlled by a billionaire Republican fundy, and is dangerous as shit. Here's more on Blackwater.

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  22:30:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Again you assumed wrong, J.

Skeptics realize that not everything weird is tinfoil hat stuff. Some conspiracies can be real, and can be documented. Hell, 9/11 was a conspiracy, just not a domestic, "insider" one.

Blackwater itself exists, is controlled by a billionaire Republican fundy, and is dangerous as shit. Here's more on Blackwater.

Here is the home page.

Did you hear about them buying http://patdollard.com/2007/08/27/blackwater-buying-counter-insurgency-aircraft/ aeroplanes useful for crowd control?

EMB-314 Super Tucano

The main missions of the aircraft, in addition to basic and advanced pilot training, are border patrol and counter-insurgency operations.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  22:47:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gotta say the plane's neat. I hope they won't be flying over Washington on inauguration day, 2008.

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  23:08:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I gotta say the plane's neat. I hope they won't be flying over Washington on inauguration day, 2008.

Tinfoil hat anyone?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  00:28:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, I got that one wrong: Inauguration day, 2009.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  03:56:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a way, I sorta hate to see Bilgewater leave Iraq. It means the pigfuckers'll likely be coming back to North Carolina.

If so, I hope they'll come back short a few trigger-happy assholes.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  05:02:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard on NPR yesterday that the founder of Blackwater has strong ties to fucktard James Dobson. I'll see if I can find additional info.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  05:21:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

I heard on NPR yesterday that the founder of Blackwater has strong ties to fucktard James Dobson. I'll see if I can find additional info.
You & NPR are correct. The Prince family was at least one of the wallets behind Dobson and Gary Bauer, as well. They are also tied to Newt Gingrich and a lot of other neo-con bullshit artists.

Hoard canned goods and stockpile ammunition.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  06:53:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They're ba-ack. Actually they never left Iraq, of course. Dubya wouldn't allow his buddy Prince to lose his contracts. After all, why get your panties in a knot over a little more civilian killing?
US resumes Blackwater convoys in Iraq

By KATARINA KRATOVAC
Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD (AP) -- American convoys under the protection of Blackwater USA resumed on Friday, four days after the U.S. Embassy suspended all land travel by its diplomats and other civilian officials in response to the alleged killing of civilians by the security firm.

A top aide to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki had earlier conceded it may prove difficult for the Iraqi government to follow through on threats to expel Blackwater and other Western security contractors.
[My emphasis.]

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/21/2007 07:04:04
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  09:28:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks!
The name gave it away at once.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Edited by - Siberia on 09/21/2007 09:29:33
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  09:48:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME
Did you hear about them buying http://patdollard.com/2007/08/27/blackwater-buying-counter-insurgency-aircraft/ aeroplanes useful for crowd control?

EMB-314 Super Tucano

The main missions of the aircraft, in addition to basic and advanced pilot training, are border patrol and counter-insurgency operations.
(Emph. Cune's)
I am not sure I follow how you get "crowd control" from "border patrol and counter-insurgency operations"-- unless I'm missing something?
Go to Top of Page

Mycroft
Skeptic Friend

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  13:43:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mycroft a Private Message  Reply with Quote

In what sense is it dangerous?
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  14:39:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Mycroft

Mercenary armies can be dangerous. Highest bidder type of thing.

Go to Top of Page

Mycroft
Skeptic Friend

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  18:59:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mycroft a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Originally posted by Mycroft

Mercenary armies can be dangerous. Highest bidder type of thing.

Can you give me an example of how this danger has manifested itself in the past?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.