Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  09:45:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

To correct my post, which was aimed at the Iranian President, and it was between the eyes.

I refuse to hope someone assassinates a duly elected offical of the United States (no matter how treasonous/scumbag acting), as he serves as the choice of the people.

The country will always have the government it desrerves.

Aidding and abetting the enemy should always be dealt with with lead.

Bush is actually a criminal. I'm not aware of any international laws the elected president of Iran, Ahmadinejad, has broken. Or are you taking the word of George Bush?

While you may be right that the American people deserve George Bush, although I seriously doubt it, I can state for certain that the people of Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran do not deserve him at all.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  10:20:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Original_Intent

Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Fuck him. He should be permitted to go to arrive at the airport, go to the UN and go the fuck home. No courtesy need be extended this piece of shit.

If they want a conference, then tele-confrence.

I don't say this often, but I truely and deeply hope someone pops a cap in his fuckin head... right between the yes.
Ehh... Whom were you referring to?
Hitler, Henry Ford, Prescott Bush, or George W. Bush?

As far as I know, only one is live enough for someone to casually pop between the yes.

To correct my post, which was aimed at the Iranian President, and it was between the eyes.

I refuse to hope someone assassinates a duly elected offical of the United States (no matter how treasonous/scumbag acting), as he serves as the choice of the people.

The country will always have the government it desrerves.

Ok fine. Let's cap the Iranian President, who's name I can't spell, either. While we're at it, why not put one in that Chavez fellow down in S. America. He's been pissing us off lately. And then there's that out-of-office Frog who refused to support an attack on Iraq; why is he still walking around? And why the hell did Castro live long enough to get sick? Do him and his brother too!

It's a slippery slope, Original_Intent, and once you've started it's hard to stop. Me, I'd suggest shooting the assassin that tried to carry out these things -- the world would be a better place without such scum -- and then go after whoever sent him.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  11:42:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Original Intent... I don't get you.

First you write:

And in your second breath you write:

Will you please make up your mind, you can't have the cake and eat it...?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  15:38:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by perrodetokio

A decade ago the american people didnīt know Iran existed (except for a small elite). Today iran is the wolfman, dracula and the devil altogether. Go figure!

I disagree, America has been talking about Iran since the 70's. In fact Iran was daily news in the late 70's with the hostage crisis.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  16:04:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Ahmadinejad has visited Columbia and probably wishes he hadn't.
Ahmadinejad speaks
Posted September 24th, 2007 at 3:55 pm
Share This | Spotlight | Permalink

Putting aside the question of whether Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad should be able to visit Ground Zero, the other controversy of the week involved whether Ahmadinejad should be a guest at Columbia University in New York. The right has argued, vociferously, that the university is misguided for providing a platform to a dangerous nut. His ideas should be shunned, most conservatives argue, not considered in an academic setting.

I understand the argument, but I find wholly unpersuasive. Ahmadinejad is, regrettably, the head of state of a nation with tremendous geo-political significance. His perspective, no matter how offensive, matters. It is entirely consistent with American traditions and values to subject Ahmadinejad's oppressive ideas to scrutiny. Let him defend his beliefs in an open setting, standing or falling on their own merit.

Critics were unable to shut down Ahmadinejad's appearance today, and by all accounts, that was most certainly a positive development.
Exactly right, as those of us with a little faith in the intellegence of our students knew from the get-go. He got a pretty rough ride.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  16:07:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm finding boh extremes in this debate pretty disgusting, frankly. Defending a dictator by saying that another guy's worse is a lame argument; that's a patently fallacious tactic, not an argument. And just wanting to kill him isn't going to make it, either.

Iran's going to be a long-term problem, and we need to settle in for a long diplomatic and economic struggle. Neither war nor appeasement, assassination nor pretense that the Iranian theocratic regime is no problem, are going to help.

Far better than capping Ahmadinejad's ass is what Columbia University did: Inviting the Holocaust-denying SOB to speak, then giving him an earful of democracy:
"Mr. President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," Bollinger said to applause from many of the 600 people in the room for a speech from the Iranian leader.

Bollinger cited the Iranian government's "brutal crackdown" on dissidents, public executions, executions of minors and other actions.

And he assailed Ahmadinejad's "denying" of the Holocaust as "ridiculous" and "dangerous propaganda." He called the Iranian leader either brazenly provocative "or astonishingly uneducated."

"The truth is that the Holocaust is the most documented event in human history," he said.

He said he doubted Ahmadinejad would show the intellectual courage to answer the questions before him.

Ahmadinejad responded quickly.

"We don't think it's necessary before the speech is given to come in with some series of claims," the Iranian leader said.

He said Bollinger's comments included "insults" and false claims, and flew in the face of an environment that's supposed to let people speak their minds.

On the Holocaust, Ahmadinejad asked why history can't be questioned and further researched.

"If the Holocaust is a reality of our time, a history that occurred, why is there not sufficient research that can approach the topic from different perspectives?" he asked.

The Iranian leader has made statements in the past suggesting that Israel be politically "wiped off the map," though he insists that can be accomplished without violence. See some of Ahmadinejad's controversial remarks ŧ

While he would not respond with a "yes" or "no" when asked Monday if he sought the destruction of Israel, he said the status of Israel should be determined by a free election.

"Let the people of Palestine freely choose what they want for their future," he said.

Asked about widely documented government abuse of women and homosexuals in his country, Ahmadinejad said, "We don't have homosexuals" in Iran. "I don't know who told you we had it," he said.
Ahmadinejad's lies and evasions should be clear to all. Having to face such questions clearly wasn't something this guy has faced in the past, if the best he can come up with is a "teach the controversy" attitude on the Holocaust, evasions, and lies such as "We don't have homosexuals"!

Ahmadinejad was pwned.

Now we see why Colombia U. was happy to invite Ahmadinejad, and would invite Hitler himself. Hitler also would have had a tough time.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  16:07:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's archived on CSPAN. rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/ter/ter092407_ahmadinejad2.rm?

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 09/24/2007 16:07:56
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  16:51:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Gorgo

It's archived on CSPAN. rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/ter/ter092407_ahmadinejad2.rm?
Thanks, Gorgo, but that link won't work for me. Is there an error in it?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  16:55:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's "pwned?"

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  17:02:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

What's "pwned?"

Teenager speak for: "I own you, loser".

A couple of examples:

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  17:03:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a Realplayer file. It's still on the front page of http://www.c-span.org/

9/24/07

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  17:15:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if he is a global warmer denier too?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  17:36:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not sure if this should be in the humor section or not.

I got a laugh.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  17:43:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

What's "pwned?"

Teenager speak for: "I own you, loser".

Gettin' old, I guess.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  18:06:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What's "pwned?"

It's computer gaming slang, based upon a misspelling that became famous. It means "owned" (and is pronounced that way), as in "I own you."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds.