Senator David Vitters, R-LA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  13:18:50  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, he stepped out on his family & ol' lady with A DC call-girl outfit and received all but a standing ovation from the "family values" crowd. Sen. Larry Craig tried almost the same thing-different-gender and has been ruthlessly pilloried by the same group of sanctimonious scumbags, even though he didn't get any. Go figger.

But if extracurricular sex doesn't at least blacken the Villers reputation, then this might:
Vitter earmarked federal money for creationist group
Posted by Bill Walsh, Washington bureau September 22, 2007 9:10PM

WASHINGTON -- Sen. David Vitter, R-La., earmarked $100,000 in a spending bill for a Louisiana Christian group that has challenged the teaching of Darwinian evolution in the public school system and to which he has political ties.

The money is included in the labor, health and education financing bill for fiscal 2008 and specifies payment to the Louisiana Family Forum "to develop a plan to promote better science education."

The earmark appears to be the latest salvo in a decades-long battle over science education in Louisiana, in which some Christian groups have opposed the teaching of evolution and, more recently, have pushed to have it prominently labeled as a theory with other alternatives presented. Educators and others have decried the movement as a backdoor effort to inject religious teachings into the classroom.
As might be expected, Tony Perkins, chronic liar, pious leader of the seriously deluded, and now, it appears, a thief of public monies is involved.

Anyone surprised?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  20:22:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, he misappropriated that money for a good cause, in order to defeat those evil satanistic evilutionists! Didn't do nothin' wrong at all, what are you, some kinda Godless commie?!

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  02:18:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

Nah, he misappropriated that money for a good cause, in order to defeat those evil satanistic evilutionists! Didn't do nothin' wrong at all, what are you, some kinda Godless commie?!

Nah, just Godless. The Commies have never much impressed me. What has impressed me though, is the hypocratcy of the religious right and the utter disregard Perkins and his ilk have for any sort of honest dealings. They would even corrupt a United States Senator.

I'd thought that only the Mafia could do that.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  10:50:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is actually a bit disturbing. I am happy to see that people are objecting to the obvious use of government money to sponsor a group that seeks to "persuasively present biblical principles in the centers of influence on issues affecting the family through research, communication and networking." I think I'll be writing a letter, even if I'm not a resident of LA.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.