New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  16:50:04  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curious that the leader of the opposition party would declare the winner?

Sun Sep 23 2007 18:18:16 ET

“She's got a national presence and this is becoming a national primary,” Bush tells author Bill Sammon in the bombshell book, EVANGELICAL PRESIDENT, set for release Monday. “And therefore the person with the national presence, who has got the ability to raise enough money to sustain an effort in a multiplicity of sites, has got a good chance to be nominated.”

This could be called predictive programing.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  16:54:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He declares her the winner of the Democratic primaries. I think most pundits of both parties would agree at this point.

He goes on to say:

“I think our candidate can beat her, but it's going to be a tough race,” the president predicted in an Oval Office interview. “I will work to see to it that a Republican wins, and therefore don't accept the premise that a Democrat will win. I truly think the Republicans will hold the White House.”

We all know Bush is delusional..so this comes as no surprise.

This thread is a WASTE OF TIME

Edit: What personality problem do you have to continue to use misleading titles to get people to read your threads? Don't answer, it is a rhetorical question.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 09/23/2007 16:55:17
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  16:54:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Could be. It could also be a Republican rallying cry, for them to try to squish her. It could also be Bush talking out his butt. It could be a lot of things.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  17:28:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco
This thread is a WASTE OF TIME

Why did you waste your time writing something for me to read which said little more than I was wasting your time?

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  17:30:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Could be. It could also be a Republican rallying cry, for them to try to squish her. It could also be Bush talking out his butt. It could be a lot of things.

Do you not find it interesting that the leader of the GOP would declare the winner of the upcoming Democratic primaries?

He does have handlers; these are not "off the cuff" comments.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  17:53:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Do you not find it interesting that the leader of the GOP would declare the winner of the upcoming Democratic primaries?

<shrug> I doubt if he listens to his handlers any more than he listens to anyone else. Except Cheney, o'course, and he'd better listen then 'cause Snarlin' Dick'll kick his ass and Rove'll sodomize the bruise. In this case, he is simply spewing the semi-obvious. Why? Who knows; this is, after all, Bush. Maybe he's trying to look smart, or something. Maybe he's talking just to hear the echo in his head, hell, I dunno....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  18:06:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy
<shrug> I doubt if he listens to his handlers any more than he listens to anyone else. Except Cheney, o'course, and he'd better listen then 'cause Snarlin' Dick'll kick his ass and Rove'll sodomize the bruise. In this case, he is simply spewing the semi-obvious. Why? Who knows; this is, after all, Bush. Maybe he's trying to look smart, or something. Maybe he's talking just to hear the echo in his head, hell, I dunno....

You are entertaining talks that pertain in some manner to G.W. Bush with the presumption that he is moron. This presumption; without any confirmation outside of opinion, in my opinion is not skeptical and prevents critical thinking about a subject.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  18:13:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's not a moron; worse yet, he's a sociopath. He really thinks that he cannot be wrong and his past actions support that statement. And you should have picked out the bitter and unfunny humor in my post.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  18:18:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

He's not a moron; worse yet, he's a sociopath. He really thinks that he cannot be wrong and his past actions support that statement. And you should have picked out the bitter and unfunny humor in my post.

I am interested. I mean no offense.

What choices has he made that deem him a sociopath?

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  18:37:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

First off, he didn't "declare" the winner. He said that she "has got a good chance to be nominated." And second off, why wouldn't he have an opinion about who would win the nomination? He's a politician who knows a bit about winning national primaries, no? I don't see what the big deal is.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  18:56:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am interested. I mean no offense.

What choices has he made that deem him a sociopath?

Torture of small animals as a child; mocking people sentenced to death; never taking responsibility for his actions; chronicly lying to get his way however ill-advised, he only respects power greater than his, and so forth. Classic symptoms.

Back when I realized that he might be a contender for president, I also realized that I didn't know a lot about him. Oh, I knew he was governer of TX, a part time gig, really, and that he'd signed off on a record number of executions, but beyond that, very little. So, I researched him and was appalled at what I found. Everything he has ever touched has turned to shit including a couple of oil companies. He is probably the least qualifyed individual ever to infest the White House. He has no empathy, no scruples, and to him ethics and morals are for others. He will only go along with someone stronger that himself on any matter.

I suggest that you follow in my footsteps and look the bastard up for yourself.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  20:42:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

His handlers have shown themselves to be powerless in the past.

Besides, I gave you several options. I see some likelihood in the possibility that by "declaring Hillary the winner," it frees the entire Republican National Committee to do nothing but campaign against Hillary. Think of how much easier it'd be to deal with just one candidate these extra months before the primaries and convention?

Sheesh, Jerome, I fed you a conspiracy theory, and you completely missed it.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  21:52:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Cuneiformist
First off, he didn't "declare" the winner. He said that she "has got a good chance to be nominated."
I was just about to say this.

Jerome, I'll find it odd that Bush "declares" a winner to the Democratic primaries if and when that actually happens. But so far it hasn't. Your conspiracy addled brain is confused again.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  02:29:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think Jerome was too intemperate with his title this time. Drudge titled the article in exactly the same words.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  05:32:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I don't think Jerome was too intemperate with his title this time. Drudge titled the article in exactly the same words.

The original title is:

BUSH DECLARES: HILLARY WILL WIN NOMINATION; WHITE HOUSE CALLS OBAMA 'LAZY'

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  05:50:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

The original title is:

BUSH DECLARES: HILLARY WILL WIN NOMINATION; WHITE HOUSE CALLS OBAMA 'LAZY'

Yeh, well he jingle-bobbed it a bit but, hell, this is Jerome & Drudge after all. Close enough sez I.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.