"It's a Jeezus Land After All," sings McCain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  17:49:36  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I would probably have to say yes, that the Constitution established the United States of America as a Christian nation," he said.
This and other similar remarks from John McCain haven't gone unanswered from Jewish and Muslim leaders. McCain is willing to stoop to completely inaccurate revisionist history to smooch the posteriors of the theonazis.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/01/2007 18:09:44

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  18:06:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing McCain does makes sense anymore. Don't really matter though, not like he has much of a chance to win the Republican ticket anyways.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  18:12:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like CNN is picking up on the action. This cannot be of much help for his campaign...
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  18:13:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ricky

Nothing McCain does makes sense anymore. Don't really matter though, not like he has much of a chance to win the Republican ticket anyways.
I think he lost his one advantage with the electorate, the sense they had of his independence, when he so unconditionally supported Bush on Iraq. His portrayal of himself as Bush Lite isn't fooling or attracting anyone.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  19:10:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a lot of respect for Johnny McCain, as do many veterans of his era, and it greatly saddens me to see him become a buffoon second only to Fred Thompson.

I think the mauling he let the vile Rove/Bush give him in 2000 actually began to make him politically irrelevant and now he is grasping at straws that he can't reach. I think that soon he will drop out of it, and then leave politics with, one hopes, some shreads of dignety left.

He has served his country honorably for many years and deserves better than what he is bringing down upon himself.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/01/2007 19:15:14
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  19:22:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

I have a lot of respect for Johnny McCain, as do many veterans of his era, and it greatly saddens me to see him become a buffoon second only to Fred Thompson.

I think the mauling he let the vile Rove/Bush give him in 2000 actually began to make him politically irrelevant and now he is grasping at straws that he can't reach. I think that soon he will drop out of it, and then leave politics with, one hopes, some shreads of dignety left.

He has served his country honorably for many years and deserves better than what he is bringing down upon himself.

As a Vietnam vet myself, I agree about McCain's war record. I deeply respect that. He was truly heroic.

But, as you imply, he can't coast forever on his finest hours. McCain's helped an new generation of young people to experience the horrors of war. Unfortunately, this has overshadowed his heroism in the "Hanoi Hilton."

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  10:15:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

"I would probably have to say yes, that the Constitution established the United States of America as a Christian nation," he said.
This and other similar remarks from John McCain haven't gone unanswered from Jewish and Muslim leaders. McCain is willing to stoop to completely inaccurate revisionist history to smooch the posteriors of the theonazis.
Yes, despite not mentioning god, jesus or christianity at all, and only mentioning religion in the context of "back off!", the Constitution nevertheless establishes America as a Christian nation.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  10:32:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

Yes, despite not mentioning god, jesus or christianity at all, and only mentioning religion in the context of "back off!", the Constitution nevertheless establishes America as a Christian nation.
And that's the wondrous, God-given mystery of the Constitution.

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  11:02:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by chaloobi

And that's the wondrous, God-given mystery of the Constitution.
I suppose it's consistent with every other aspect of Christianity. There's no evidence at all that Jesus was a divine avatar and rose from the dead or that yahweh exists and that god intended the church to be established. So if there's no evidence at all that the Constitution established the US as a Christian nation, then it's perfectly in keeping to say it did.

-Chaloobi

Edited by - chaloobi on 10/02/2007 11:03:26
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  09:08:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some more from McCain:

John McCain: “Will this person carry on in the Judeo Christian principled tradition”

McCain: I think the number one issue people should make [in the] selection of the President of the United States is, ‘Will this person carry on in the Judeo Christian principled tradition that has made this nation the greatest experiment in the history of mankind?'

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  09:57:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Some more from McCain:

John McCain: “Will this person carry on in the Judeo Christian principled tradition”

McCain: I think the number one issue people should make [in the] selection of the President of the United States is, ‘Will this person carry on in the Judeo Christian principled tradition that has made this nation the greatest experiment in the history of mankind?'

What's wrong with this guy? And he's pro-war too? Does he not realize Jesus was an absolute pacifist and therefore Christian principled traditions should include a big helping of anti-war-of-choice sentiment?

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  14:45:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There ain't no such animal as "the greatest experiment." Experiments are either successful or they are not. The successful ones can then be rated for their benefit (greatness); the failures speak for themselves. None of this is possible until the experiment reaches it's conclusion.

Damn, but I'm getting sick of political hyperbole, and it hasn't even gotten started yet!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.