Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  06:11:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just came back home 4 hrs ago, from my combined honeymoon/Dragon*Con visit.

Pics will be up eventually.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  08:11:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Just came back home 4 hrs ago, from my combined honeymoon/Dragon*Con visit.

Pics will be up eventually.

Cool!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  13:01:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://trilliadin.mine.nu/dragoncon2009/

I've started writing comments to some of the pictures. (They appear above them, if they exist)
I'm not done with them yet though. More comments will be added, and perhaps a few more pics.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  17:25:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

http://trilliadin.mine.nu/dragoncon2009/

I've started writing comments to some of the pictures. (They appear above them, if they exist)
I'm not done with them yet though. More comments will be added, and perhaps a few more pics.

Those were cool, thanks! Let us know when you have more of the people labeled. I want to look at them again, then.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  18:00:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That Centauri family's costumes were amazing!

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  23:52:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

Yes, very well done. Definitly top 10% in terms of quality both on costume and makeup.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  03:27:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by marfknox

Yes, very well done. Definitly top 10% in terms of quality both on costume and makeup.

A wife that will shave her head for you is a keeper. (Or is the "keeper" a husband who will shave half his head and make the rest of his hair into a peacock's tail?)

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  06:50:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner
A wife that will shave her head for you is a keeper. (Or is the "keeper" a husband who will shave half his head and make the rest of his hair into a peacock's tail?)
Good question. In Centauri society (Babylon 5) the male's hair-do is a sign of his status in society. Longer and wider spread means wealthier/more influential family/clan.
Centauri women are considered beyond such displays of statue, and are thus shaved.

It's amazing how much thought there is behind such things in the series.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  13:14:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I'm officially in a foul mood.

Take a look at the beautiful Babylon-5 T-shirt I wore in some of the pics.

I bought two of them at Dragon*Con. Today I washed them, and they're ruined. The fabric was as durable as over-cooked noodles. I could hold the fabric between my thumbs and pinky-finger and rip it apart.

I just washed them with some detergent, at 40°C as instructed on the lable, which says in big letters: "Fashion Victim".
Ok, I do feel like a victim here, not of fashion though, but of fraud. I mean, these t-shirts are a joke. If I sneeze in them, I blow holes in them. I'm not joking!

Everyone double check: T-shirts labelled "Fashion Victim". Stay away from them.

Edit:

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 09/14/2009 13:32:08
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  14:47:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ok, I'm officially in a foul mood.

Take a look at the beautiful Babylon-5 T-shirt I wore in some of the pics.

I bought two of them at Dragon*Con. Today I washed them, and they're ruined. The fabric was as durable as over-cooked noodles. I could hold the fabric between my thumbs and pinky-finger and rip it apart.

I just washed them with some detergent, at 40°C as instructed on the lable, which says in big letters: "Fashion Victim".
Ok, I do feel like a victim here, not of fashion though, but of fraud. I mean, these t-shirts are a joke. If I sneeze in them, I blow holes in them. I'm not joking!

Everyone double check: T-shirts labelled "Fashion Victim". Stay away from them.

Wow! Strange. Even bad T-shirts usually hold up better than that. They just look crappy after they are washed.

Bummer...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  18:47:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I just washed them with some detergent, at 40°C as instructed on the lable...
I would never, ever wash a printed T-shirt in hot water, even if the label said to do so. Cold water, and light on the detergent. No bleach (color-safe or otherwise). And if you really want your tees to last a long time, hang them to dry.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  21:08:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Good question. In Centauri society (Babylon 5) the male's hair-do is a sign of his status in society. Longer and wider spread means wealthier/more influential family/clan.
Centauri women are considered beyond such displays of statue, and are thus shaved.

It's amazing how much thought there is behind such things in the series.

Interesting, but I was commenting on the homo sap family which was pretending to be Centauri.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  03:06:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting, but I was commenting on the homo sap family which was pretending to be Centauri.

Well, I saw them later out of costume, and I think I'd have noticed if she was bald. Either she was wearing a wig, or her Centauri make-up was way much better than average.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  03:11:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I just washed them with some detergent, at 40°C as instructed on the lable...
I would never, ever wash a printed T-shirt in hot water, even if the label said to do so. Cold water, and light on the detergent. No bleach (color-safe or otherwise). And if you really want your tees to last a long time, hang them to dry.

I didn't treat these t-shirts any differently than any other printed t-shirt I've own since I moved out of my parent's house.
Now when I think of it, there were signs of poor fabric quality even before I washed them, I just didn't make the connection. One of the pins on the Psi-Corps badge cut an unusually large hole in the fabric, and at some point I aquired air-vents under my armpits.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  03:16:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
Wow! Strange. Even bad T-shirts usually hold up better than that. They just look crappy after they are washed.

I agree.
The SFN-shirts looked really nice before I washed them the first time. After the wash, the printing lost 40-50% of the colour saturation/vibrance. But after that, they've kept their colour constant for two years.
They even survived a 5 hour bleach bath I put them through because I got stains on them from mosquito-repellent. However, the stains are still there. A weird faint yellow-ish hue that simply won't go away. It turned shock-red/pink when I threw it in the bleach, but after the red was bleached out, the yellow remaind. Really weird.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds.