Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2013 :  09:19:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by marfknox

Kil got me to come back here after over a year through a message on facebook. Damnit, Kil, I'm sleep deprived enough! I'm working for 4 different employers and a full time stay at home mom and I just finished a book and got an agent to help me sell my book (it's a cat alphabet book. Sort of an artsy, gift book for the coffee table.) I don't have time for this! And yet I want to hang out here and read all the posts! ARGH.

I'm going to bed now. :-P

It's good to see you here, Marf. We've missed you.

Cheers

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Edited by - Siberia on 06/30/2013 09:20:40
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2013 :  09:25:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll echo Kil, too!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2013 :  09:30:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

Kil got me to come back here after over a year through a message on facebook. Damnit, Kil, I'm sleep deprived enough! I'm working for 4 different employers and a full time stay at home mom and I just finished a book and got an agent to help me sell my book (it's a cat alphabet book. Sort of an artsy, gift book for the coffee table.) I don't have time for this! And yet I want to hang out here and read all the posts! ARGH.

I'm going to bed now. :-P

I along with everyone here I'm sure, we all hope your newest addition is doing well along with your whole family. It's been a while and you were missed.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  13:27:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Things that really makes my day is recognition. In this case my geek-ness. I was walking down a London street from Holborn to Covent Garden when a woman 45-50(?) to who walked by us turned to me and said "I like your T-shirt!" This was my "Shrödinger's cat is dead", which would be obscure to many.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  20:26:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Things that really makes my day is recognition. In this case my geek-ness. I was walking down a London street from Holborn to Covent Garden when a woman 45-50(?) to who walked by us turned to me and said "I like your T-shirt!" This was my "Shrödinger's cat is dead", which would be obscure to many.
That's great. Got a link to the T-shirt art, or is it just the words?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  09:26:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the 1985 film Brazil, Terry Gilliam presents a dystopian society crippled by red tape and government bureaucracy. Robert De Niro plays Tuttle, an air conditioning repairman who goes rogue. Tired of being hampered by endless forms and paperwork, Tuttle works outside of the system by repairing broken AC units illegally. Describe as a terrorist by the government, his unlawful actions are appreciated by the citizens he helps.

Now, in a strange case of life imitating art, a man in Jackson, Mississippi is under police investigation for using city resources to repair pot holes.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  11:01:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could have used Tuttle on my first night in London. The hotel was full with only one room left: the one with the broken AC. With 30 degrees Celsius we had to sleep naked on top of the sheets (there weren't any windows which could be opened. After the first night we got relocated, and now we have a great room.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 07/13/2013 12:21:06
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  05:36:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally! A Human-Powered Helicopter Wins the $250,000 Sikorsky Prize

(Via Mano Sigham via Cory Doctorow)

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  12:17:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I ordered it from thinkgeek.com
It just has the words.
Front says "Schrödinger's cat is dead"
Back says "Schrödinger's cat is not dead"

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 07/13/2013 12:23:58
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  13:49:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I ordered it from thinkgeek.com
It just has the words.
Front says "Schrödinger's cat is dead"
Back says "Schrödinger's cat is not dead"

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  13:59:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For any fans of The Guild out there, Felicia Day made it official in this interview yesterday: there will be no season seven or beyond. The show is done.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  00:40:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Finally! A Human-Powered Helicopter Wins the $250,000 Sikorsky Prize

(Via Mano Sigham via Cory Doctorow)
That was awesome.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  14:53:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... where's Filthy, you guys? I miss him! :o

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  17:59:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Siberia

... where's Filthy, you guys? I miss him! :o
The last we heard from him. I still have no idea what Kevin was talking about, SFN's code was and is fine.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2013 :  07:04:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Marf stopped back, I wanted to let her know that the print I bought from her looks great. I had it professionally framed and it really pops.

Even though the USPS tried desperately to destroy the print before I got it, (water damaged envelope, bent to fit in the mailbox despite the phrase "do not bend" being printed on it) Marf had taken precautions and I got the item undamaged.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds.