Mystery Solved! The Dinosaurs Revealed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  07:22:06  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok folks, at this point, you need to switch your bullshit detectors off lest they suffer damage from a massive overload. I've only recently had to rebuild mine due to just that, and I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else.

In this screevening, none other than that internationally famous expert on all things dinosaurian, Ken Ham, expounds upon his lengthly studies into What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs are used more than almost anything else to indoctrinate children and adults in the idea of millions of years of earth history. However, the Bible gives us a framework for explaining dinosaurs in terms of thousands of years of history, including the mystery of when they lived and what happened to them. Two key texts are Genesis 1:24–25 and Job 40:15–24.

Are Dinosaurs a Mystery?
Many think that the existence of dinosaurs and their demise is shrouded in such mystery that we may never know the truth about where they came from, when they lived, and what happened to them. However, dinosaurs are only a mystery if you accept the evolutionary story of their history.

According to evolutionists: Dinosaurs first evolved around 235 million years ago, long before man evolved.1 No human being ever lived with dinosaurs. Their history is recorded in the fossil layers on earth, which were deposited over millions of years. They were so successful as a group of animals that they eventually ruled the earth. However, around 65 million years ago, something happened to change all of this—the dinosaurs disappeared. Most evolutionists believe some sort of cataclysmic event, such as an asteroid impact, killed them. But many evolutionists claim that some dinosaurs evolved into birds, and thus they are not extinct but are flying around us even today.2

There is no mystery surrounding dinosaurs if you accept the Bible's totally different account of dinosaur history.

According to the Bible: Dinosaurs first existed around 6,000 years ago.3 God made the dinosaurs, along with the other land animals, on Day 6 of the Creation Week (Genesis 1:20–25, 31). Adam and Eve were also made on Day 6—so dinosaurs lived at the same time as people, not separated by eons of time.
He has also taken the time to come up with some splendid illustrations to bolster his formidable nonsense absurdity theory:

Stop laughing! This is serious shit! How can you expect to fully understand the depth and reach of this scholarly paper if you continue to roll on the floor?! This is not a Cheech & Chong party, you know!

What's of great interest is the footnotes. The redoubtable Ham references none other than Jack Horner & Mary Schweitzer among other scientists, as well as various creation floggers such as the Morris boys, Carl Wieland, and Duane "Bullfrawg" Gish.

It really is an enlightening read and a little later, I'm going to dig through some of the links in the footnotes.

Enjoy; I did!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  07:26:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was good that they show the T Rex munching down on a few bushes with its long razor-sharp incisors.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  10:45:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you can't fault Ham for not trying. He gives enough passing references to real science that it's clear he's not ignorant of the facts. I don't think he believes his Creationist screed for a moment, but it's a cash cow for him, and he's going to keep pushing these precious lies.

After all, Ham's got tens of millions of other people's money invested in his Creation Circus. These are valuable lies, however absurd they seem to knowledgeable people, because Ham needs them for his specialty of ripping off the ignorant and dull of wit.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/29/2007 11:39:05
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  11:17:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Stop laughing! This is serious shit! How can you expect to fully understand the depth and reach of this scholarly paper if you continue to roll on the floor?! This is not a Cheech & Chong party, you know!
Are you sure they were not smoking something? I honestly can't tell.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  12:18:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the flood scene there appears to be a number of swimming dinosaurs and prehistoric fish floundering. How exactly did the flood kill them again? And if it killed them, why didn't it kill the whales, dolphins, sharks and sea turtles???

And why didn't Noah put any dinosaurs on the Ark? He got lions, tigers and bears on the Ark, why not a few of the more moderately sized dinos like velociraptors or triceratops? Or did God instruct him not to and then proceed to forget to inspire the Bible's authors to write about that instruction? One could see why they might overlook recording tha tall the giant dragon-like beasts died in the flood, what with dinosaurs being so unremarkable and uninteresting.

Or maybe their destruction and the lack of record in the bible was intentional. Perhaps dinosaurs had delved too far into homosexuality and other perversions and were therefore not spared in the flood. Could dinos have been sinful? And if so, does that mean they had souls?

-Chaloobi

Edited by - chaloobi on 10/29/2007 12:22:02
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  19:30:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think my Dumb-o-meter just popped a sprocket.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.