Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 Humor
 O'Reilly as sexual predator - the Opera!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  09:04:35  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it would be nice to begin the Holiday season with a clip of the new opera, O'Reilly vs. Mackris.
O'Reilly v. Mackris is the new work by Igor Keller. The oratorio (which is basically an opera
without the scenery), is for a 31-piece chamber orchestra, 32-voice chorus and three soloists,
directed by Kris Falk.

The libretto is comprised of the original court document and O'Reilly's on-air settlement
announcement. Imagine a two-hour neo-baroque extravaganza including seven chorales, two
madrigals, three choruses, four recitatives, two instrumental entrances and numerous arias
dedicated to the sexual exploits of the most popular man in cable news.

Kind of like "The Messiah", only with a real religious icon as protagonist, Bill O'Reilly! Telling the ageless story of the immaculate deception of Andrea Macris and gloryfying the sacred story of Billo's shower fantasies involving incense, myrhh, and loofah's, culminating in a anointing of falafel!

Genuflect, cross yourselves, and go to one of the Greatest Stories ever Told!

[Fixed some forum code. //Dr. Mabuse]

Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 11/26/2007 18:43:33

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  09:57:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though (neo) Handel in style, it's also in the tradition of (P.D.Q.) Bach. What a sophisticated parody on such a consummate jerk.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  18:49:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh! There is no such thing as enough warning for that one. Igor Keller is obviously a protégé or at the very least really really likes Peter Schickele as Chippewa mentioned in his reference to PDQ Bach.

I just fell off my chair laughing. Now I must send the clip to everyone I know… Oh to hear all of it…

Thanks Bill!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  01:26:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.mackrisvoreilly.com/
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  02:04:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Classical music, sex, loofas, what more could an audience want?

I do falafel for poor O'Reilly, though.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  13:40:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO and then some, bngbuck!

With that magnificent work of vocal and orchestral Art, you sir, are surely winnning the hearts and minds of stubborn skeptics everywhere.

I sent this O'Really(?) Opera link to one of my friends who does an opera show on public radio. I asked him how long would I have to wait to hear him broadcast it, advising that he would see a great ratings increase----just before he's sacked. (I don't believe the fine gentlemen singer is referring to a cat, do you think?)

Picky as all skeptics are, one tiny correction in your groovy post:
the oratorio by Herr Handel is "Messiah," sans le article.

Dick Wagner must be rolling over in his crypt.

Orwellingly Yurz.

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  15:00:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bow to your, and wiki's, musical scholarship credentials. After a rather long lifetime of referring to the only piece of religious music I ever really enjoyed as "The Messiah", I really was unaware that Handel himself did not use the article in the title of his oratorio. Thank you for the correction.

I have to amend the above with some other exceptions. Some of JS Bach's liturgical music contains beautiful melody and power. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring comes to mind. Hopefully in brass, woodwinds, harpischord, and strings sans choir. Also beautiful in an organ transcription - as is the Tocatta and Fugue in D minor, a strictly secular piece popularized in Disney's Fantasia of long ago!

Incidentally, OY, I just received the two disc set of "Mackris v O'Reilly" in its entireity! I will be sending it to Kil in a few days after my family and I view it. I asked Kil to pass it on to any that are interested, so contact him and get on the list! Anyone else interested, contact Kil!
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  19:15:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This latest Tom Tomorrow O'Reilly jab just in (on Olbermann Friday night!)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.