Huckabee's Anti Secular TV Star Endorsement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  14:39:22  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Orwellingly Yurz, who brought this news item to my attention.

Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger to appear with Huckabee.

Yes, Norris will be at the Republican debate but I've heard that Giuliani will also have Joe E. Ross from the 1960s sitcom "Car 54 Where Are You?" who will say his famous "Ooo" "Ooo" just after every time Giuliani says "9/11" and Ron Paul will have a trained Chimpanzee who will point at Washington D.C. on a map of the USA every time Paul blows a whistle.

Norris said Huckabee is a "respected and fearless leader" and one who's "not afraid to stand up for a Creator and against secularist beliefs."

You know those secular beliefs - such as democratic government, equal rights, freedom of the press...

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  16:49:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO! Chippy Baby, where you been all my life? The Skeptics here are missing your ass, man.

Here's my fave Chuck Norris bull shit:

"Chuck Norris visited the Virgin Islands. Now they're just the Islands."

Orwellingly Yurz Sez: But Chucky, doesn't a married man who's a Christian, to boot, not do any lady other than his wife?

I bet Larry Craig's (R-ID) wife is the only lady he does, if and when he does a lady and not tap dancin'.

Gotta watch out for us secularistically inclined dudes, right Chippy?

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  17:04:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know who else is jumping on the Huckabee endorsement bandwagon?? (Hint: Woooooooo!)
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  18:34:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flair, known for his "Whooo!" yell, said Huckabee has the best vision for the country. "He likes to see people enjoy life," Flair said.

That's some endorsement.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  20:53:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Flair, known for his "Whooo!" yell, said Huckabee has the best vision for the country. "He likes to see people enjoy life," Flair said.

That's some endorsement.
Right. And nothing says "see people enjoy life" like "Fundamentalist Christian Republican" does. Nice going, "Nature Boy"...
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  21:30:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO: Alternet has a recent one page article titled, 'Our Favorite Nut Job.'

http://www.alternet.org/stories/68057/

Yip, Brother Huckabee. I notice what appear to be Nut Jobs supporting him as well, as stated above: Smack Down Rick and
Ranger Chuck, just a pair of your average American religious
freaks who act out their common way of life on the TV.

I have a politically connected friend (Dem) in Little Rock who sends
little tid bits on Mike, occasionally. I'll pass them onto this
site next time he sends me one. Comments of any kind would be
nice.

The looney Christianists are hoping for a dark horse with Rev.
Huckabee.

We need Mike as the Prez like we need Duck! Cheney! running the gov'ment (as Reagan called it) instead of pulling Bush's puppet
strings.

WOE IS OY! (Anybody seen egdalise anymore?)

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

--me

--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

--Oscar Wilde
Edited by - Orwellingly Yurz on 11/26/2007 21:42:19
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  07:48:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chuck said:
Norris said Huckabee is a "respected and fearless leader" and one who's "not afraid to stand up for a Creator and against secularist beliefs."
What the fuck is he talking about??? You don't have to stand up against secularists. They're easy to get along with - you mind your business, they mind theirs, everyone gets to believe what they want, and the government doesn't make laws to force you to accept what others believe.

Now, religous fundies on the other hand, are very much interested in making sure their morality gets codified by the legislature. That's something to stand up to as a red-blooded, freedom-loving, apple pie, hotdog and Chevy drivin' American. Did Chuck get kicked in the head once too often or what?

What I can't figure out is how these guys don't know they are evil. Or maybe they dooooo....

-Chaloobi

Edited by - chaloobi on 11/27/2007 07:49:57
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  17:56:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO, Chaloobi:

You wrote: "What the fuck is he talking about??? You don't have to stand up against secularists. They're easy to get along with - you mind your business, they mind theirs, everyone gets to believe what they want, and the government doesn't make laws to force you to accept what others believe."

Orwellingly Yurz Sez: A kernel of wisdom we've just experienced
with Chaloobi's last phrase above. Succinct for sure, and we certainly all know what the fuck Chaloobi's talking about. Another way to say it would be: And only a totalitarian government makes laws to force you to accept what others believe. But I think Chaloobi's is pretty damn good.

It would be nice if Chaloobi could repeat his phrase into the faces of people like the reverential disaster capitalist, Pat Robertson.

OY !

--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

--me

--J. Paul Getty

--Oscar Wilde

--Albert Camus

--Albert Camus

--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  07:01:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Orwellingly Yurz

YO, Chaloobi:

You wrote: "What the fuck is he talking about??? You don't have to stand up against secularists. They're easy to get along with - you mind your business, they mind theirs, everyone gets to believe what they want, and the government doesn't make laws to force you to accept what others believe."

Orwellingly Yurz Sez: A kernel of wisdom we've just experienced
with Chaloobi's last phrase above. Succinct for sure, and we certainly all know what the fuck Chaloobi's talking about. Another way to say it would be: And only a totalitarian government makes laws to force you to accept what others believe. But I think Chaloobi's is pretty damn good.

It would be nice if Chaloobi could repeat his phrase into the faces of people like the reverential disaster capitalist, Pat Robertson.

OY !
Pat doesn't care. He's into his power and influence and simple things like the ideal of personal freedom or even christian morality for that matter just get in the way.

Here's a thought: if I advocate a law against religion being used as a basis of law, am I pushing to legislate my own beliefs? Am I technically doing what they are doing or even doing what they're accusing 'secularists' of doing?

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Mycroft
Skeptic Friend

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  09:58:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mycroft a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Chippewa

You know those secular beliefs - such as democratic government, equal rights, freedom of the press...

I'm gonna bet that particular juxtaposition of ideas is not one that Chuck Norris would agree with.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  23:41:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can kind of understand, though not excuse, good and even mediocre actors misusing their communication skills in political causes for which they are otherwise unequipped. But why the f- would anyone listen to the political pronouncements of the Worst Actor Ever?

Norris somehow parlayed martial arts skills into an acting career despite his horrible lack of acting ability. (I loathed Norris for his wooden acting for years, long before I knew he was pretty much a fascist.) Now Norris is parlaying his acting into politics?

The only people he could influence would have to be even bigger boneheads than Chuckie is. Unfortunately, there are millions of 'em.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Mycroft
Skeptic Friend

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  13:36:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mycroft a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner
I can kind of understand, though not excuse, good and even mediocre actors misusing their communication skills in political causes for which they are otherwise unequipped. But why the f- would anyone listen to the political pronouncements of the Worst Actor Ever?

Since everyone has the freedom to express their opinions, actors don't need you to understand or excuse them when they express theirs.

Norris somehow parlayed martial arts skills into an acting career despite his horrible lack of acting ability. (I loathed Norris for his wooden acting for years, long before I knew he was pretty much a fascist.) Now Norris is parlaying his acting into politics?

The only thing I know about his views are what I just read on Wikipedia, which only says that he's a political conservative.

In your opinion, is that the same as being a fascist? Or do you have information that isn't on Wikipedia?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  14:43:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mycroft intoned:
Since everyone has the freedom to express their opinions, actors don't need you to understand or excuse them when they express theirs.
Yup. I never suggested Chuck not be allowed to talk politics, just that it's remarkable anyone would listen. I do think he should be banned for life from acting.
The only thing I know about his views are what I just read on Wikipedia, which only says that he's a political conservative.

In your opinion, is that the same as being a fascist? Or do you have information that isn't on Wikipedia?
No, Chuck's not quite formally a Fascist, which is why I qualified what I wrote with "pretty much." After all, there were some anticlerical elements in classical fascism, and the theocratic movement which Norris represents might be better compared to the Wahabi Sunni faith than to fascism. That's all "pretty much fascist" in my book, though, being authoritarian movements. Norris has broadcast through TBN, putting him with the same crowd of far-right, faith-healing, "prosperity gospel" thieves that have run (and looted) ORU.

That Chuck Norris supports the presidential candidacy of Mike Huckabee is itself a "pretty much fascist" indicator itself. Chuck's candidate Huckabee is an anti-gay-rights, Creationist, Iraq war enthusiast who also supports the horrors of Guantanamo. Since these are all policies of the present President, it is easy not to see how very extreme they are, but IMO opinion, they are all very close to being fascistic policies.

I don't consider that stuff to be "conservative" policies any more than I consider the policies of Josef Stalin to be "liberal" policies. I think Chuck and his crowd do resemble the Fascists more than they resemble traditional conservatives.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/01/2007 14:48:38
Go to Top of Page

Mycroft
Skeptic Friend

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  22:26:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mycroft a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, Chuck's not quite formally a Fascist...

Oh, c'mon, let's get some perspective here! Chuck Norris isn't a fascist at all. He's just a B movie actor who happens to hold some opinions you disagree with.

I don't agree with his politics or his religion, but I don't see any need to demonize him beyond stating my disagreement. Aren't you even the slightest bit embarrassed by being such a polemic that you do?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.