Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 General Skepticism
 2008 Psychic Contest, enter by Feb 1st 2008!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  07:30:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont know Robb,

All results and answers apply to the period starting Feb 1st 2008, through Dec 31 2008, all answers should be given in USD$. No answer may be generalized .....Cryptic answers will also be disqualified.

Also stealth planes are not invisible, they are only low-radar profile. I suppose if the top movie approaches 2Billion$, I'll reconsider.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  07:34:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, there are many stealth planes, all with different costs, a B1b Is only about 250M.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  13:01:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

I dont know Robb,

All results and answers apply to the period starting Feb 1st 2008, through Dec 31 2008, all answers should be given in USD$. No answer may be generalized .....Cryptic answers will also be disqualified.

Also stealth planes are not invisible, they are only low-radar profile. I suppose if the top movie approaches 2Billion$, I'll reconsider.
I found this but it has no pricetag as of yet:

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/2/10/202311.shtml

Visual stealth has not received the public attention of the anti-radar technology applied on the Senior Prom, F-117, B-2 and F-22 aircraft. There is now a major effort under way by the U.S. and U.K. military to make aircraft nearly invisible in daylight.

Probably around $500 million

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  09:16:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another one bites the dust, Filthy with the Jesse Helms pick, Im almost disappointed that Hell isnt real.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  18:45:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally sigged by BigPapaSmurf

Congratz Dave W. for defending your psychic contest championship!

For his victory he will get...
I was getting real close to saying, "hey, where's my prize package?!" And then it mysteriously arrived in the mail today.

Thank you very much, BPS!

Oh, you need to change your sig. At the very least, the tense is now wrong.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  04:17:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, precictions you want, is it? Well, here's some right out of the prophet's crack pipe:

"By John A Davison on Feb 9, 2008 | Reply

I predict that within one year of this date, Pharyngula, Panda's Thumb, EvC, RichardDawkins.net and Uncommon Descent will all have so completely degenerated as to become nothing but embarrassing footnotes in the history of internet communication. I also predict that P.Z. Myers and Richard Dawkins will have so embarrassed their home institutions that overt attempts will have been initiated to have their tenures revoked on the grounds of moral turpitude and seeking to overthrow the government. Public institutions like the University of Minnesota and Oxford cannot continue much longer to tolerate representatives so lacking in moral and ethical fiber as these two pathetic products of a “prescribed” and now terminated organic evolution. They make Ward Churchill look like Shirley Temple. Unlike Churchill who was never a threat to anyone, these two actively seek to destroy Western Civilization. I also predict there will soon be an Atheist Political Party. We already have an Atheist Political Action Committee (APAC) and a professed atheist member of the House of Representatives.

It is hard to believe isn't it?

Fortunately for them, by that date, February 9, 2009, the physical destruction of our civilization will have proceeded to such a degree that thinking people will no longer be concerned about intellectual trash like Richard Dawkins and P.Z. Myers.

'Everything is determined…by forces over which we have no control.'
Albert Einstein

'A past evolution is undeniable, a present evolution undemonstrable.'
"

Read the whole thing; it's a hoot! Found it linked at PZ's.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  08:31:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Operation Whirling Squid' is an amazingly cool name though. Just for that, I hope PZ will attempt to overthrow Western Civilization.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.