EVOLUTION DISPROVED (again)!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  06:54:58  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's wrong with this picture:
Anyone who has read Genesis 1–11 realizes that the modern teachings of molecules-to-man evolution are at odds with what God says. So what is the response to evolution from a biblical and scientific perspective? Let's take a closer look.
Okey-dokey....
Furthermore, the word evolution has also been applied to nonliving things. Almost everything is said to have evolved—the solar system, stars, the universe, as well as social and legal systems. Everything is said to be the product of evolution. However, the three major forms of evolution are

Stellar evolution
Chemical evolution
Biological evolution.

The story of evolution leaves no room for a supernatural Creator. Evolutionary processes are supposed to be purely naturalistic. This means that even the need for a supernatural Creator disappears because it is argued that the natural world can create new and better or more complex creatures by itself. The implication of this is very revealing: evolution means “no God” and if there is no God, then there are no rules—no commandments, no God-given rules which we must obey. We can therefore live our lives as we please, for according to evolutionary philosophy, there is no God to whom we have to give an account. No wonder molecules-to-man evolution is attractive to so many, for it allows them to live as they please. This is called relative morality.
No, it's called: "Tough Titty!"

Here's a little more and then I'll let you, indeed encourage you to read the rest of it for yourselves.
There is a further problem with believing that the Genesis account of creation should be interpreted as an evolutionary account. One of the things that drives evolution is death. Yet the Bible teaches quite clearly that death was introduced into the perfect world as a result of Adam's sin. Neither human nor animal death existed until this event—both humans and animals were originally vegetarian (Genesis 1:29–30 shows that plants are not living creatures, as land and sea creatures, birds, and people are). The original world that God created was death-free, and so evolution could not have occurred before humans were created.
Really, you just can't make stuff like this up.

I think that the world, or at least my miniscule part of it, would be a bleaker place without Answers in Genesis to provide a little unintended humor now & again.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  07:17:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AIG moving the goalposts?

Read and decide. The part mentioned in the FSTDT quote begins with the heading Adaptive Mutation and the E. coli ebg Operon

The comments there are insightful.

By LazyJones
I think they are losing also the battle on "mutations do not increase information". Argument of "there is no benefical mutations" has gone out the window long time ago.

What they are saying now is basicly "mutations and natural selection occur because that is the way God designed it". Quote from the same article:

"Adaptive mutations can readily fit within a creation model where adaptive mechanisms are a designed feature of bacteria."

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  08:00:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You betcha! Ham's got those suckers welded to a flatbed trailer, ready to move anywhere to 'prove' a point.

An interesting article as well, and the comments were dead on.

Look, any of y'all fundies who want to live like an ancient, illiterate, superstitious, Jewish peasant, please feel free to do so. But don't be too disappointed if you find yourself alone in the endeavor.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  08:42:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoops. That article goes on to say: "adaptive mutation makes "limited" changes that severely restrict its use as a mechanism for evolution"

Looks like they're covering their asses here. So, is it ass-covering, or is it a legitimate case of moving the goalposts? After all, wouldn't further mutations and such stuff allow room later for evolution?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 01/11/2008 09:12:22
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  08:48:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps they're just trying to embiggen their Big Tent.

Or, it's a case of "we agree that microevolution happens, but not macroevolution."

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  09:00:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The story of evolution leaves no room for a supernatural Creator. Evolutionary processes are supposed to be purely naturalistic. This means that even the need for a supernatural Creator disappears because it is argued that the natural world can create new and better or more complex creatures by itself.
Notice how they jump from "god is not required" to "evolution leaves no room for god." As I've said time and time again, the fundies' biggest problem with evolution is that it makes their god superfluous.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  09:05:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but if nothing else, they're consistant....

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.