Creation/Evolution
 You think Kent Hovind was bad???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  09:21:49  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If this site is to be believed, this Harun Yahya is far worse than Hovind was. Sure, he used the same arguments that Hovind used but "Yahya" did a lot more than Hovind ever did when it comes to illegal activities:

Under the mask of promoting Islam and scientific facts, the group members had been found to engage in extensive criminal activity. These crimes included blackmail, possession of unlicensed weapons and sexual intercourse with individuals under age 18.

The head of the group, Adnan Oktar (recorded by police cameras, leaked and shown on Turkish TV channels such as Kanal D, ATV, Star) confessed to blackmailing people who they regarded as an obstacle to their enterprises. These people included the reporters for the newspaper Hurriyet, Emin Colasan, and Fatih Altayli, after they questioned some of Harun Yahya's activities such as bribing the municipality of Ankara.

Also politicians such as Celal Adan (Member of the Parliament) and Mesut Yilmaz (former Prime Minister of Turkey) have been victims of this group. Oktar's group arranged fake (photomontage) photos of Mesut Yilmaz in Freemason clothes and ceremonies, and forged a fake certificate of Freemasonary for him. This fake was taken seriously and published in several pro-Islamic newspapers (without knowing it was a fraud). The PM was seriously damaged politically as a result during the remainder of his government.

Also coming forth, a fashion model named Ebru Simsek was blackmailed, and then slandered as a "prostitute" in fax messages sent to hundreds of different newspapers, TV channels, major business companies, foreign consulates, government offices etc. The reason for the slander? She refused to have sex with Adnan Oktar.

But the most shocking activities of Oktar's and his followers were not the above. In the sudden raid, 20 women and 2 other men were found at his residence. Most of the females (girls really) were under the age 18, (Oktar is his middle 40's) and they claimed that they had been having sexual intercourse with Oktar and members of his sect.

In his testimony, Oktar claimed that he had committed no crime as the intercourse was consensual, allowed under Turkish law. Further, Oktar insisted that this intercourse was also religiously permissible under Islam because he and his followers did not have a 'real sexual intercourse with these girls'.

Yipes. Mind you, the source URL for this information this guy has listed seems to be shut down. Maybe some more digging is needed before one can say that all this crap is true. Maybe I'll do some later. I've got to prepare for something else...

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  23:21:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here you have an example of the competence and integrity of Harun Yahya:
..Anyway, here's his example of a living caddisfly:
It's a fishing lure. He stole the image from Graham Owen, ...

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  04:38:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yayah, AKA Adnan Oktar, has been around for quite a while. He's at least as much as an idiot as Hovind.
Adnan Oktar, nom de plume Harun Yahya (a.k.a Adnan Hoca) (born Ankara, 1956), is a prominent figure in Turkish creationism and a fervent advocate of creationism in the creation-evolution controversy. He is considered by some to be the leading Muslim advocate of creationism[1]. He subscribes to Old Earth creationism.[2][3] He is against Zionism and Freemasonry and sees them as very interrelated movements, though he denounces anti-Semitism[4] and terrorism[5].

Adnan founded the Science Research Foundation (SRF, or BAV in Turkish), whose stated objective is "to [establish]...peace, tranquility and love"[6]. , though the BAV is described in the media as "a secretive Islamic sect"[7] or a “cult-like organization, that jealously guards the secrets of its considerable wealth” The SRF has been accused of criminal activity , though these charges were dropped. Its accusers have, since then, appealed to a higher court.
Think of him as the Randall Terry of Islam, he's that much of an asshole.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  09:53:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Write-up on the fishing lures. Hook and all. Sheesh.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  09:59:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And check out how many photos of himself the dude has plastered all over his website. He looks like a Bond villain.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  15:40:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a contest to win a free copy of the book.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  14:55:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the book:
It is of the utmost importance to understand correctly the secret beyond matter explained in this chapter. Mountains, plains, flowers, people, seas—briefly everything we see and everything that God informs us in the Qur'an that exists and that He created out of nothing is created and does indeed exist. However, people cannot see, feel or hear the real nature of these beings through their sense organs. What they see and feel are only their copies that appear in their brains. This is a scientific fact taught at all schools of medicine. The same applies to the book you are reading now; you can not see nor touch the real nature of it. The light coming from the original book is converted by some cells in your eyes into electrical signals, which are then conveyed to the visual centre in the back of your brain. This is where the view of this book is created. In other words, you are not reading a book which is before your eyes through your eyes; in fact, this book is created in the visual centre in the back of your brain. The book you are reading right now is a "copy of the book" within your brain. The original book is seen by God.
Yes, "materialists" are shocked that we don't have access to actual matter, but instead everything that is real is filtered, through our brain, to our soul, by God. So, while you might think you're having sex with your SO, it's really God who's having sex with him/her, and just presenting that experience to your brain.

I think that this might be as close as one can get to solipsism without taking that last, final "so nothing is real" step. Obviously, madness kicks in long before then. Good to know.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.