Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  20:45:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Doomar

My apologies again about the rat comment.
Accepted. Thank you.
I didn't see your question about Job, HM.

God tested Job's faith by some horrendous tests that were conducted by Satan. They included losing family members in a storm, most of his property and wealth, and even his health. All of us go through similar (if lesser)trials in life. Job's faith was tried, but did not fail. His famous line is, "though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."

Job's love for God was on the line, but God was actually boasting of Job's faith and was very pleased with him. After the trials were over, Job's friends (comforters)who had berated him through it all were in trouble with God and God let them know it. They had accused Job wrongly during his trials, thinking he had committed some horrendous sin, but he hadn't. The trials were not due to his sin and so it is in life many times.

It says, God also healed job when he prayed for his friends. Job forgave them and prayed for God to have mercy on them and He did. Bad behavior is not without consequence, but God is merciful and forgives those who turn from their sin. This is loving kindness and tender mercy.

Through it all, Job had a great vision of God and was struck with awe and shame in the presence of God. His faith was rewarded, though he did suffer some rebuke.

God blessed the rest of Job's life, granting him many more children and even greater possessions than he had before. I'd say this was a good ending. The trials made Job a better man and strengthened his faith in a loving God.

When I think of Job in comparison with my small trials, I am comforted that God cares and is well aware of what is happening and will work it all things together for my good (Rom8:28).
Surely the story of Job must have been intended by the priestly scribes as a show of utter faith, at least by Job.

But before (as it is written) Job had his wealth restored, all his children and servants were slaughtered.

(I have been unable to find any verse where god was supposed to have cured Job of his boils, worms, etc. I'm under the impression that his illness was never rectified. Could you direct me to chapter and verse?)

How was the final outcome -- or any of this story -- in its treatment of Job, his children and servants, consistent with a "loving god"? It certainly is a display of "faith" of the most radical and ridiculous sort, but, aside from making Job once again wealthy, where's god's "love" in this? It all seems a lesson that god is terrible and cruel, but is so powerful that humans must not resist him. It isn't as though Job were being punished for misdeeds, as he'd never been anything but a perfect worshiper of Yahweh. In the story (probably the nastiest in that nasty Bible) Yahweh seems the perfect sadist and bully.

My own lesson from the story, had I believed it to be true, would be to avoid Yahweh as I would a plague, and for the exact same reasons.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Doomar
SFN Regular

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  20:49:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Doomar's Homepage Send Doomar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

[quote]Originally posted by Doomar

It's a big error to think we can judge the Almighty or think we know so much with our puny understanding. It's called pride.
And yet you cannot refrain from doing so.[quote]

Dave, I am believing what the Bible says about God and I greatly respect God in all that He does. I don't presume to "condemn" or "judge" God as others in this thread are doing. I believe He is good because He says He's good and because He's shown me His goodness personally. What I don't understand of His judgments, I trust Him that He has a good reason for what He does and He is always fair.

Men who hate or despise things they've read about God fail to recognize His continued kindness to them in giving them sunlight, rain, food, air, health, and countless blessings. They refuse to give Him any thanks or credit. They heap praise upon themselves for being such "good" people, all the while despising the One who made them. They make up excuses why they don't believe in God or the Bible, imagining all sorts of evil from their own evil minds, casting aspersions out of their treasures of blaspheme stored in hate filled minds.

Mark 10:27 (NKJV) 27But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

www.pastorsb.com.htm
Go to Top of Page

Doomar
SFN Regular

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  20:52:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Doomar's Homepage Send Doomar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Zebra

Originally posted by Zebra
when considering the existence of God/gods, a definition would be a useful place to start. Often, this step is overlooked.

Go ahead and give us one, Zebra.
You're the one who brought up God, and the one who knows all about God, including what God wants. Definition is in your court.

My court is the Bible, which you don't accept, else I would use it.

Mark 10:27 (NKJV) 27But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

www.pastorsb.com.htm
Go to Top of Page

Doomar
SFN Regular

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  21:21:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Doomar's Homepage Send Doomar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

(I have been unable to find any verse where god was supposed to have cured Job of his boils, worms, etc. I'm under the impression that his illness was never rectified. Could you direct me to chapter and verse?)

Job 42:10 (KJV) 10And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. (he was captive to his disease that crippled him)

How was the final outcome -- or any of this story -- in its treatment of Job, his children and servants, consistent with a "loving god"?

Every man trusts in something, HM, even if it's himself. Consider that in God's sight, faith is the greatest commodity. Faith in God brings God's blessings to a soul. Faith is strengthened and made greater by trials, much like muscles get stronger by using them. God uses calamities for our good. All of us go through trials in life. Family members die, people get sick, wealth is lost. If we trust in these things, the trials reveal it and show how our faith in things besides God are fickle and powerless to help. If our faith is in God, as it was with Job, the trials won't destroy us. A lack of faith will.

Another note: keep in mind that Satan, an evil, fallen angel, brought about all the calamities and God did not allow the devil to take Job's life. The same devil or his henchmen (other fallen angels known as demons)are constantly wreaking havoc in this world. Most every rotten and disgusting act you see is a result of these wicked spirits activity in conjunction with the wicked hearts of men. Men and women who give in to God, turn from their sins and believe in His Son are set free from this bondage to sin and the devil to do good in this world. "He who the Son sets free is free indeed." John 8:36

Hell is the final destination of the devil and his demons and is the reason it was first created (Matt. 25:41), but men have joined him by following after the same sins against God.

www.pastorsb.com.htm
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  22:12:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Dave, the first angel (Satan)that fell into sin started evil, not God.
Nonsense. God created Satan with the capacity to do evil. Evil as a concept must have existed prior to Satan's creation. God could have created a universe in which no being had the capability to do evil, but He chose not to. God must have created evil, even if He did not (and does not) ever do anything evil.

Face it, Doomar, you're just looking for someone else to blame for the bad things which happen. However, God says that He is as responsible for the evil in the world as He is for the good. I'm sure you could cite chapter-and-verse on that point, I'm too lazy right now to look it up.
If the argument upsets your way of thinking will you consider that you may be wrong?
Sure. Will you?

You also wrote:
God tested Job's faith by some horrendous tests that were conducted by Satan.
Another attempt to shift the blame from where it belongs. Satan, never having been a man, had no free will. And God created Satan with full knowledge of what Satan would do, so God bears full responsibility for all of Satan's actions.

You also wrote:
Have you read the ten commandments? By your own admission you not only don't believe in God, but you condemn Him and think you are better than He. That would make you a violator of several of the first few commandments.
Those Commandments put the lie to the idea that God is the most humble being in the universe, don't they?

You also wrote:
Dave, I am believing what the Bible says about God...
Yes, you've judged the Bible to be true.
...and I greatly respect God in all that He does. I don't presume to "condemn" or "judge" God as others in this thread are doing. I believe He is good because He says He's good and because He's shown me His goodness personally.
All judgements. Why do you deny that you judge God to be good, or the Bible true? You stand so much in judgement on these questions that you think that those who don't agree with you will be eternally punished.
What I don't understand of His judgments, I trust Him that He has a good reason for what He does and He is always fair.
The point is that without full understanding, you judge God to be good, while condemning those who judge God to be bad for not having a full understanding of God. You, Doomar, are simply displaying the hypocrisy rampant in the Christian faith. Nothing more, nothing less.
Men who hate or despise things they've read about God fail to recognize His continued kindness to them in giving them sunlight, rain, food, air, health, and countless blessings. They refuse to give Him any thanks or credit. They heap praise upon themselves for being such "good" people, all the while despising the One who made them. They make up excuses why they don't believe in God or the Bible, imagining all sorts of evil from their own evil minds, casting aspersions out of their treasures of blaspheme stored in hate filled minds.
That's quite the nugget, Doomar. You're not making the mistake of thinking that atheists "hate" God, are you?

You also wrote:
The same devil or his henchmen (other fallen angels known as demons)...
None of whom have free will, remember. They were never able to choose to do evil.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  22:55:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Technically, the virgin birth was not predicted in the Old Testament.
The term 'Virgin' is a mistranslation for young woman. Moreover, if you read the passage, you'll notice that it has nothing to do with Jesus.
Indeed, as Isaih is promising that the defeat of Israel is only going to last a short while, saying that it would last several centuries (the date of Jesus' birth) would have the opposite effect.

In reality, it is likely that this passage was misunderstood by the author of the gospels, that then saw fit to invent the bit about the virgin birth to justify of Jesus credentials.
Of course, this only point out at the Bible being the work of men...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  23:36:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My court is the Bible, which you don't accept, else I would use it.
Au contraire - I do indeed accept the Bible as the only source from which one could define God of the Bible. (Which isn't to say that's the only definition of God).

The differences between us are, I suspect, these:
You very likely start with the belief that God exists, and that God is definitionally good, and that everything in the Bible fits within that construct.

I start with the belief that the God described in the Bible most likely is a fictional character (or more than 1, with the same name), and will want to ask about what seem like inconsistencies (e.g., "God is love" of 1 John, vs. torture, death, and disease caused or encouraged by God in large swaths of the Bible, esp. the OT; c.f. Job).

I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone* -Dick Cheney

*some restrictions may apply
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  03:17:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Job 42:10 (KJV) 10And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. (he was captive to his disease that crippled him)
Hmmm... Looks like a tricksy parenthetical interpretation. But "turned the captivity of Job" could mean just about anything, or nothing.

Note also you seem to have overlooked the very next verse, where it becomes clear that it was Yahweh, not Satan, who had abused Job:
Job 42:11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

[My emphasis]
You continued:
Every man trusts in something, HM, even if it's himself.
Have you consulted "every man"? I know that I, especially after my stroke four years ago, do not trust myself much. I pretty much have to put up with my own judgment, but that's due to necessity, not "trust." I find myself continually reviewing my own decisions.
Consider that in God's sight, faith is the greatest commodity. Faith in God brings God's blessings to a soul. Faith is strengthened and made greater by trials, much like muscles get stronger by using them. God uses calamities for our good. All of us go through trials in life. Family members die, people get sick, wealth is lost. If we trust in these things, the trials reveal it and show how our faith in things besides God are fickle and powerless to help. If our faith is in God, as it was with Job, the trials won't destroy us. A lack of faith will.
Faith is belief and "trust" not based upon evidence. As such, it's certainly a wonderful tool to priesthoods, and thus highly touted to the "flock." But faith is a terrible surrender of rationality by the faithful.
Another note: keep in mind that Satan, an evil, fallen angel, brought about all the calamities and God did not allow the devil to take Job's life.
No, as Dave W. pointed out (and see Job 42:11 above), Yahweh is ultimately the responsible party, as he is the creator of the evil Satan and his minions (per the Bible). Plus, Yahweh made that sadistic bet with Satan about Job, and instructed him do his will, short only of killing the old man.
The same devil or his henchmen (other fallen angels known as demons)are constantly wreaking havoc in this world. Most every rotten and disgusting act you see is a result of these wicked spirits activity in conjunction with the wicked hearts of men.
This Bronze Age spook-filled world of yours would be terrifying indeed if it were not obvious that the tale of Yahweh's evil creations was not merely a crudely backfiring myth which attempts to explain the problem of evil in a most imperfect "creation."
Men and women who give in to God, turn from their sins and believe in His Son are set free from this bondage to sin and the devil to do good in this world. "He who the Son sets free is free indeed." John 8:36

Hell is the final destination of the devil and his demons and is the reason it was first created (Matt. 25:41), but men have joined him by following after the same sins against God.
I have nothing much to say about this final declaration of opinion based upon the ancient writings of liars and lunatics.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/15/2009 03:20:48
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  04:19:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

How about Luke 6:30: “Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.”

Please, please, can I have all your money? And then, can you please sell all your property and send me the money from the sale?

Here is your verse of understanding: Matthew 7:6 (NKJV) 6“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Here are the verses that precede that:

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Are you judging me as a swine and a dog?

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 02/15/2009 04:21:54
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  06:33:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by pleco

I hope for Doomar's sake that he's got the right god, and that the Bible wasn't actually written under the influence of the Devil. Since the Devil is able to influence physical objects, including the chemicals in the brain to produce euphoric feelings when thinking about Him, it is entirely possible and not falsifiable that the Devil is actually behind the writings of the Bible, and that everyone who goes to church and prays/glorifies what they think is God is actually worshiping the Devil. All the good feelings derived were just manipulations done to the brain. Any prayers answered were done by the Devil to help keep his trick in place. After all, He is the Master Decepticon.

You grant him too much credit in one regard and not enough in the other.

(a point of philosophy: if you already have the folks in your grasp, you don't have to work very hard to keep them...unless there is a Savior taking them from you.)

You grant too little power to God who has all power, while Satan, though a master deceiver, has limited power. You seem to be unaware of the Holy Ghost who convinces all in the world of what is sin, what is righteous, and brings judgment.

You also seem to deny the witness of Christians who validate the power of God by the remarkable things He has done for them. These same people, able to discern Satan and even cast him out of other people.

2 Corinthians 4:4 (KJV) 4In whom the god of this world (Satan)hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Another point you may be unaware of: Satan is under the power of sin, also. He cannot escape it. Sin, when committed, takes hold of a being and binds them under its influence and they cannot escape without the help of God. The only thing on earth that can remove sin and its stain from a soul: "the blood of Jesus Christ." I John 1:7

Um ... using the "Holy Ghost" (an obvious euphemism the spirit of the Devil) and quoting scripture obviously written by the Master Deception does not help your case. Quoting "witness" cases from others who have obviously been deceived does not help your case, but only strengthens my case.

You have been deceived, and you are unable to see it. You have been blinded by your 100% emotional investment and by the manipulation of your physical brain.

You have let the Devil in, and you have shut God out. God is out there, waiting for you to throw off the Devil's teachings about bats being birds, rabbits chewing cud, impossible world wide floods, a 6000 year old earth, and other such nonsense.

He is waiting for you to grow up and become a human being, instead of a simple minded child being led around by the nose. He wants you to think for yourself, and abandon this addiction to emotion and logical fallacy.

I ask again, how are you so sure that you haven't been deceived? How do you know that your entire Bible was not written by agents of Evil? How do you know that when you pray to your God and you feel "good" because of it, that the Devil is not manipulating you? How do you know your religion is not a vast conspiracy? Just because it makes you feel good? Because you think you see good things happen? HA!

Quoting any Bible verses to me to attempt to prove you haven't been deceived is the height of comedy, and shows how blinded you truly are. You are going to need to bring in outside sources to prove that you haven't been deceived. I don't think you can do it.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  06:42:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

[i]Originally posted by pleco

how could she know she was sinning if she had no knowledge of what evil was?

God told her she would die if she ate of that tree...Eve knew dying was not good. The knowledge of what death was, absence of life, was surely part of Adam and Eve's understanding. These were not stupid people. You don't need to swim in the water to know it is dangerous and Eve did not need to experience sin to know that disobeying God would not be a good thing. Part of that knowledge gained was that of experience, a bad experience. It was never necessary to disobey God to know it would be bad, just like it is not necessary to jump over a cliff to know the landing would be bad. Basic knowledge of how things worked was part of Eve's knowledge. The experience of sin brought an evil experiential knowledge of the forbidden, of good and evil, not just the basic knowledge. To think Eve was oblivious to danger is stretching the point.

You sure are interpreting a bit here - I don't recall any of that written in your Bible.

And you conveniently skip over the part where God already knew all this would happen, therefore Eve had no choice and was doomed to begin with.

The hyper-calvinists agree with you, but I am not one of them. Man was made in God's image with a will, a choice. Foreknowledge is not evil. It is not the same as causing an event to happen. Eve had a choice and she chose poorly. Those that make the laws in our society are not responsible for those who break them.

How can one have a choice if someone else already know what will happen? Either there is no free will or God is not omnipotent. Please pick one.

When is someone gonna find that flaming sword guarding the Garden?

That tree of life is now in heaven, but will one day be planted again on earth.

Again, do you have a Biblical reference for this? Or did you just pull this out of there air?

Maybe we should discuss how Adam and Eve's children had to commit incest in order to populate the world.

Incest was not a bad thing in the beginning when such things were necessary.

Hmmm, yeah up until God gave this rules for living it was trial and error - a person did something and if God didn't like it, they found out the hard way. Until God changes its mind.

But at least you're being Biblical here - incest was not prohibited.

Alternatively, it could be because the authors of Genesis could not come up with any other way to populate the earth...

Or is all this moot since you are going to interpret the bible to include information that isn't state to satisfy these plot holes?

There are no holes in the plot, just our understanding at times.

You sure seem to "understand" quite a bit - especially the parts that aren't in the Bible.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  06:47:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

—Isaiah 45:7

by Filthy
Edited by - pleco on 02/15/2009 06:48:18
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  09:02:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I apologize for that comparison.
I'm doubtful as to your sincerity.

I did not mean to equate you folks with literal rats.
Your words betray your thoughts.

Bad example.
Your posts are riddled of them.
I suppose it's symptomatic to your inability to think outside the box (in this case the box is religion).

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  11:22:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by R.Wreck

Doomar:

Please elucidate on the lies of evolution. What specifically in evolutionary science do you believe to be a lie, and why. Please cite your sources.

Thanks

Have done that in other forums, but that is not the topic here. Perhaps will in another forum if time permits.

Well, Doomar, since you brought it up, I just thought you might have some evidence to support your claim. Guess not. Whatever.

So you want to talk about hell instead. Okay. As I understand the christian mythology (and I could certainly be wrong according to your interpretation of it, its just that there are so many differing interpretations), because some woman ate fruit from a tree because she was fooled by a talking snake, the creator, who has infinite love for his creations, deemed it would be fitting that every human being born is deserving of an eternity of unimaginable torture, simply for being born. Then, a few thousand years later, including the time when, in his infinite love, he got into a snit and wiped out all but eight of the people and two of each animal, he decided to offer a get out of hell free card by coming to earth as his son and sacrificing himself to himself and if people believed this somewhat outlandish tale, they could avoid eternal torture and instead have eternal bliss.

Is that about the gist of it?

Does anything about this story strike you as ludicrous? As most certainly man made?

And how cold hearted do you have to be to believe that people really deserve an eternity of unimaginable pain for any reason? Especially just for not believing in the existence of an alleged deity for which there is no credible evidence? I'm afraid I just don't see anything in this mythology to be either believable or morally defensible.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  14:46:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dangnation, R.Wreck...your hell synopsis (pretty well spot-on for me) truly reads like some bizzaro Sci-Fi DC comic book. Dunno...mass appeal for this dogma bilge requires lazy thinking/ignorance/fear/appeal to popularity/etc.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds.