Here's something y'all might enjoy.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  08:25:08  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I'll put it up with small comment beyond pointing out that it's some of AiG's drivel in the form of an answer to some feedback concerning, as we've all seen before, the age of the universe as phonied up by God to appear older. I can't verify it of course, but I think the guy had spit on his chin when he wrote it.

Here 'tis, question first:

Your Answers article on distant starlight and the long time it would take to reach Earth seems to be seeking an explanation that is unnecessarily complex. You state that it's unreasonable to simply say that God created starlight “already on its way” to Earth, because (you said) that would imply we were observing events (i.e. stars exploding) that had never actually occurred. But such an explanation doesn't seem unreasonable, especially considering the other supernatural events of creation. Adam opened his eyes to see trees around him that had never sprouted from seeds, adult animals that had never been juveniles, fertile soil that had not been produced by decaying compost, etc. For 900 more years, Adam himself would be appear to be a regular man, born of a mother and father — something that also had never happened. Why must AIG assume that it is too simplistic and unreasonable to assume that the light from certain stars also had a supernatural origin?

D.W., North Carolina

Not bad, not bad; shows the guy is thinking, at least. And for the answer, open the link. Carefully. After setting your drink down.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/19/2008 08:25:54

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  15:41:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filthy.....

I have read a lot of crap in my long life, but your link here to the good Doctor, Jason Lisle, PhD is undoubtedly the most monstrous defecation of contrived credulity that I have encountered in a very long time. In what may be a masterpiece of understatement, I can only say Holy Shit!

Did this Doctor of deluded deception matriculate at Liberty U. with Honors in Idiocy, Ignorance and Ignominy? Jeeeezus Keee Ryest!!!

Filth, how many of these fuckers are there in the United States? Does anybody have a rough body count or estimate? With people as utterly mindlessly stupid as this attaching PhD's to their names and spouting such utter nonsense, I would like to have some idea of the number of their followers. Do you have a guess, educated or otherwise, as to how many bat-shit crazy fundies, creationists, ID'ers, Mormorons, etc. ad nauseum acolytes of shit brains like this jackass Dr. Lisle exist (as a percentage) in the population of the U. S.?

Dave loves arcane statistics, do you have a percentage guess as to how many Religiously Insane there are in the U.S., Dave? If it's over 20%, I'm going to the mattresses!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  15:57:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bng asked:
Filth, how many of these fuckers are there in the United States? Does anybody have a rough body count or estimate?

Apparently 25% of our population is to retarded to be allowed to vote or reproduce.

Because 25% of Americans thought jesus was comming back to earth in 2007.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  16:07:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ain't it just gorgerous? I wish I could put forth that sort of thing and still keep a straight face. I'd be the wealthiest grifter in all Christendom -- food for thought there.....

I have often stated that esoteric letters behind a name do not a scientist make. As to how many Doctorate-holders actually subscribe to this nonsense, I couldn't say. Much lower than 20%, I'd think, particularly in the biological sciences. It appears like a lot of them because, like dung flies, they all congregate around the same piles of shit.

Here is something I found that should soon have AiG gibbering fanciful rebuttals.
Fresh Fossil Evidence Of Eye Forerunner Uncovered
ScienceDaily (Jan. 2, 2008) — Ancient armoured fish fossils from Australia present some of the first definite fossil evidence of a forerunner to the human eye, a scientist from The Australian National University says.
The evolution of the eye has long been a talking point with the creationists, and this will put a stutter in it. It concerns placoderms of the early Devonian, which includes a favorite of mine; Dunkleosteous.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  16:24:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I rarely bother to look these turkeys up these days but here's something on Jason Lisle. His PhD is in Astrophysics and it's from the University of Colorado.

Am I the only one to notice that the "doctorates" from unaccredited universities such as Patriot U, Hovind's alma mater, are becoming increasing sparse amongst the big-name creationists? Have they at last figured out that we're hip to that and are now recruiting dingbats with an actual education?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  16:58:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jezus krist, Filthy! You've ruined the rest of my life - a couple of weeks, at most!

This motherfucking malefactor of misinformation conned a Doctorate from my alma mater!! In fucking astrophysics yet?

I'm tearing up my Rutting Goat Skin as we speak. The altitude has finally affected the august academics at old CU. Many of the folks in Boulder really are nuts! Shit!

Wait til the next time the Alumni Alms Seekers come around begging for sheckels. I've been supporting shit like this for years, and didn't even know it! They can stuff their Astrophysics Department way up high where the sun don't shine after giving that asshole a PhD!!

In ASTROFUCKINGPHYSICS !!

godfuckingdamnfuckingsonofabitch!!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  17:00:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So do we, by AiG astrophysicist astrologer Jason Lisle's "fake universe" notion, live in the center of a 6,000 light year sphere, which contains the entire universe? Would astronomers in an AiG-dominated culture be forbidden to waste time studying the "illusions" that appear to be further away?

And how does it happen that someone with a PhD in astrophysics can blow off years of tax-supported scientific education, and spout Creationist nonsense? Here's one take on Lyle. Here's another.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  17:13:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude.....

Canada is only 50 miles from my back yard. After your statistic, and somewhat pending how far the Mormoron and the Holy Huckster get in wooing the mental defectives of this country, I'm checking the maps to find the quickest possible route!

If it's Huckabee, Marf and I can snarl at each other in LoonyLand and pity you poor bastards down south in the United State of Abysmal Ignorance!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  17:52:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then there's this about Lisle's visit to Tuscon.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/19/2008 17:58:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.