Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  08:31:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
putz

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  09:00:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
anti-semantic

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  09:10:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
is that like an anti-dentite?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  10:48:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Homeophobic (fear of homeopathic nostrums).

Caricature.

Spoot.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  11:27:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always liked the word ingot.

One of my favorite words, though I don't get to use it nearly enough, is fuck. It's immensely versatile - no other word in the English language can be used in so many ways. On the one hand I'm sorry it's taboo in polite conversation, but on the other hand the biggest reason it's so widely applicable is because it's taboo in polite conversation. We wouldn't be so inventive in it's uses if it didn't have a bit of the forbidden fruit quality.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  11:44:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Serendipity

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  13:08:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot jingoism, great word.

Good point on the D&D, I learned more about animals from my Monsters Manual than I did in school. Instituting evolution into the realm of monsters gets really interesting as well.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  13:11:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also I alsways shoot for the neck with a vorpal blade since the -4 for called shots doesnt apply to a natural 20.[/dork]

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  13:31:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Fuck", and it's various iterations and combinations.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Risendemonx

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  14:10:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Risendemonx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha!!! I figured there would have to be other D&D nerds here!

I feel right at home! :D

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move."
--
Douglas Adams, The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  16:09:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Risendemonx

haha!!! I figured there would have to be other D&D nerds here!

I feel right at home! :D
Uh, yeah.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  16:41:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zopilote Rey

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  18:17:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
freedom
peace
honesty

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.