YESSSSSSSSSS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darwin alogos
SFN Regular

USA
532 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  02:17:46  Show Profile Send darwin alogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Led Zeppelin ready for world tour

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said that his band is ready to go on a world tour after last month's successful reunion concert in London.
Page said the concert proved that the band can still perform well, and said that they are ready to take on a series of gigs.

Page, lead singer Robert Plant and bassist John Paul Jones were joined at the London concert by Jason Bonham, the son of deceased drummer John Bonham.

[Published: 30-Jan-2008]

Moved from the religion folder...

Kil

To deny logic you must use it.To deny Jesus Existed you must throw away all your knowledge of the ancient world. To deny ID
you must refute all analogical reasoning. So the question is why deny?

Risendemonx

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  09:20:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Risendemonx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know... to many, Led Zeppelin most certainly counts as a religion!

:)

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move."
--
Douglas Adams, The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  11:02:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mythbusters made a lead balloon last week, not sure if they were honoring the event...

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  12:14:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Mythbusters made a lead balloon last week, not sure if they were honoring the event...

I think Adam even mentioned making a lead zeppelin.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  18:34:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Risendemonx

I don't know... to many, Led Zeppelin most certainly counts as a religion!

:)
I have heard Jimmy Page referred to as God.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  23:30:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About 10 years ago a local radio station here in Tampa Bay announced that Led Zepplin was going on tour with Bohnam's son on drums. They said tickets would be going on sale in a month, but that the radio station was going to give away 100 pairs of tickets that afternoon in their parking lot.

The date of this announcement was, of course, April 1st.

Still, about 1000 people showed up for the ticket givaway.

Seriously funny.

Anyway...

If these guys do plan a tour I hope they hit FL! I'd definitely be buying tickets.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  02:02:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

If these guys do plan a tour I hope they hit FL! I'd definitely be buying tickets.
As you did ten years ago?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.