LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLE…….
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  06:18:33  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Bill Maher seems to have royally pissed William Donahue off to the extent that he wants to meet Maher in Madison Square Garden, or failing that, the parking lot. Or maybe some foul den of iniquity like the Fox News Room. A Tonya Harding v Paula Jones re-match has been suggested for the undercard.
In what could be seen as an effort to resurrect its sister network's Celebrity Boxing franchise to boost lagging ratings, Fox News aired an interview Thursday with the controversial Catholic League president, William Donahue, who took offense to comments questioning religion from comedian, and prominent athiest, Bill Maher.

That Maher deigned to question the divinity of Jesus Christ -- saying he was more skeptical of Christian mythology than that UFOs regularly visit earth -- sent Donahue into an apoplectic rage. The 60-year-old Donahue challenged his longtime nemesis Maher to a fist-fight. Fox News host Megyn Kelly offered to televise the fight right there on Americas' Newsroom.
Donahue's got a low boiling point, always a bad trait in a fighter or a even debater, so I'll bet on Maher -- a sense of humor'll trump fulmous raving any day, and if it comes down to fisticuffs, well, Donahue's old & fat & not terribly bright. Indeed, if he were even half smart, he'd not make such assinine statements lest he get taken up on it.

Donahue has played right into Maher's hand and now I await his, Maher's, reaction; it should drive him, Donahue, from mere apoplexy into the isolation ward where, when he calms down, he can partner with the loser of the Franken v O'Reilly bout.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  14:34:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In general, I have always considered boxing a slightly civilized form of barbarism, but this is a bout I would pay a lot to see! And O'Reilly and Franken!! God, to see Orally with a bloody nose....

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  15:37:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How stereotypical of the religious zealot resorting to violence. I guess the eternal lake of fire isn't good enough punishment for Donahue. If he lost that fight, would that be God's Will? Would Maher thank Satan?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  16:06:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Call me psychic - but I "sense" a South Park episode coming!

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  18:17:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Chippewa

Call me psychic - but I "sense" a South Park episode coming!

You just can't beat real life for strangeness. I bet you're right.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  21:53:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.