Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  10:05:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Gorgo

Originally posted by Dave W.

Well, he didn't mention Kil nor this site, either.
Well, the irony was in the importance Finley places on the issue, while simultaneously giving (unnamed) Kil crap for thinking it was important enough to post about here.

Maybe. The way I read it is that he did what he should have done before, post a note about what he calls spamming. Had Kil known his problem with it, Kil might have done something different.
Just how do I introduce myself without mentioning SFN? At any freethinking forum, It's the single most relevant part of what I do and who I am! He seems to be saying that the introduction should be about how much I love his work and leave it at that. As an introduction of myself, I should leave me out of it...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  10:36:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As an introduction of myself, I should leave me out of it...

Right. You'll probably be sued by Hormel .

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 02/13/2008 10:43:50
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  10:52:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

As an introduction of myself, I should leave me out of it...

Right. You'll probably be sued by Hormel .

LOL

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  12:03:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave.....

Damn taskmaster! I'm senile, stupid and sorry-assed, you could cut me some slack!

Here's your link! I had my wife, daughter, and the kid next door help me do it!

Kil.....
Seriously, this arrogant puff-toad Finley sounds like an impossibly self-important young man who has had some success in an recherche´endeavor that only a very few people in the world would even recognize! Talk about a self-created demigod in a miniscule dictatorship invented for the sole purpose of Rolfing his monstrous ego! His "better things to do" must consist of jactitation, jerkishness and jacking off!

Kil, I marvel at your self-control. It's a wonder you haven't excoriated this insulting tin despot with a paroxysym of invective. Hell, both you guys have pulled off a difficult and admirable accomplishment - creation of an interesting and useful website. You are peers! And he's acting like a nine year old neighborhood bully king-of-the-hill. You're a master of restraint to keep your cool, Kil!
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  12:15:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are peers!

No. Reginald Finley is a good guy with a radio show and a web site, whatever its quality, that he tries to make money from.

Nothing wrong with making money in the U.S., and I doubt he gets rich from it, but Kil and @tomic and those who contribute something useful to the site don't do it for the money.

They do it to be with me, and I have better things to do than squabble about it.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 02/13/2008 12:16:07
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  12:20:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just think it's funny how many links we're willing to provide to Finley's site. Here's another one to check out. Don't miss Finley's response to the shameless self-promotion.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  12:45:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I just think it's funny how many links we're willing to provide to Finley's site. Here's another one to check out. Don't miss Finley's response to the shameless self-promotion.
Uh, yeah. The guy says quite plainly:
Please visit my website http://bibledoor.no-ip.org
which seems to be a rather clear example of what he's talking about when he says "it has been a long standing policy of mine to delete a first time poster's post when they advertise or spam or represent another website explicitly. First time posters may not mean to spam but that is exactly what they are doing. If I haven't heard of you or your organization, it is even more likely that I'll assume you're spamming. I truly don't care how popular you think your site is. It's still spamming."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  12:54:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You guys better have a care of what you say about Finley. He's serious business and will definatly put a smackdown upon & all over your tired, grey asses!

Yeh, it looks to me like he left a lot of gibber room for Whitefox, in sad contrast to what he gave Kil. Maybe it's because he thought he could get a good argument from Whitey, jazzing things up a bit on a slow day, whereas he wouldn't otherwise.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  20:36:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kil's re-introduction, for those trying to follow along.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  00:40:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. I wonder what his next response will be. So far, aside from allowing you to post again, which is a good sign, he's behaved a bit like a "skeptical" version of petty tyrant, DaveScot. I hope he'll fix that.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  01:56:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The esteemed egomaniac Reginald sees fit to condescend:
I could be wrong. But that's what it appeared. However, I do find your post at your site rather childish to be honest.
How extraordinarily munificent of him! He could be wrong! And to hear his oracular opinion dispensed as in: "I do find your post at your site to be rather childish"......Seldom do we mere mortals have the honor and opportunity to be chastised personally by One of the Gods!

Kil, you have been the recipient of a rare approbation! You have been anointed and blessed by a Greater Power - you have been RECOGNIZED by Reginald the Royal! Drop to your knees and give obeisance to He Who Must Be Heard! And if He should offer you the opportunity to kiss His royal ass, Good God, pucker quickly! A lifetime could pass ere another occasion like that might arise!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  12:16:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Dave, that post wasn't Whitefox's first post at the forum, but his second.
Here's the first post from that user.
Though, that post does include some shameless self promotion.
"Google e-sword" or look for it at my website... <snip> IF you like check out my website I feature all the main bible search engines there.
http://bibledoor.no-ip.org

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  12:31:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, good catch, Mab! This brings us to an interesting point. Finley wrote:
It has been a long standing policy of mine to delete a first time poster's post when they advertise or spam or represent another website explicitly.
Now that Kil is not a first-time poster, is he free to spam the IG's forums with links to SFN? Hehehehehe.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  18:47:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, TIG has not responded to my last post. I doubt that he will. But perhaps he did respond in a way. While I was there, before I posted the offending post, I checked out the links section as well as other areas of his site. We were not there but he has a place to suggest links, like many sites do. Naturally, I suggested a link to us 'cause why not? Those links must be approved. Today I got an email with news that our link had been approved. You can find it at:

http://www.infidelguy.com/link-3.html

Since I made the suggestion that we put this nonsense behind us in my last post over there, that is what I plan to do, unless anything changes.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  19:25:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just don't understand why anyone would think Kil was spamming.

1. He doesn't sell anything
2. There wasn't anything commercial about the post.

Believe me, I know how bad the problem of forum spamming is, but Kil's post was so far from even resembling spam that I am flabbergasted it could have been mistaken as one. So was Kil, hence the existence of this topic. Good moderation would have been to remove the link and perhaps PM the offending member, but that's just me.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.