Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 How Nostradamus stopped the Dawkins/Randi Corp.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drmabus
BANNED

128 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  00:30:37  Show Profile Send drmabus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And for all you other FRAUDS, watch carefully the consequences of Randi's *great idea*…..

Please visit:

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/3283/

to see how we stopped James Randi's Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge

For over 40 years James Randi (is this even a REAL NAME?) has had total control over who and how the testing was conducted, yet despite all this he has terminated the challenge.

The ONLY REASON why the challenge was stopped is because he lost and refused to pay.

Apparently, Randi likes to break the rules when it serves him:

http://www.randi.org/joom/content/view/40/32/

"14. This prize will continue to be offered until it is awarded. Upon the death of James Randi, the administration of the prize will pass into other hands, and it is intended that it continue in force. "

Great force.....it's over......

where is my MILLION DOLLARS, you LITTLE NO-NAME FRAUD

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  01:10:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your million dollars is hidden up your bum, where you keep your paranormal abilities, and your tiny brain, you detestable little nitwit.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/28/2008 01:10:37
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  02:59:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, it's YOU again...

Out of meds again?
The six-legged lamb has been circulated for quite some time now, by you, and you haven't managed to impress any skeptic.

Ok, that is not true. Several skeptics have expressed being impressed by the depth of your ability to delude yourself. Reading your post reminds me of American soap-operas with epidodes every other day, but nothing really happens in them. Just the same story over and over again. Can't you dig up something new to toot?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  03:58:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Randi's name at birth was Randall Zwinge. This is not a secret. He legally changed it after he became a professional stage magician billed as The Amazing Randi.

This is a big deal, how? You can find that info at his site as well as Wiki.

And hey, it's his test program. He can run it any way he wants and anyone who doesn't like it isn't forced to take it. The psychic fraud Sylvia Browne has been dodging him for years, after promising on Larry King to take the test. And for good reason, I think; she's no more 'psychic' than I am, and I ain't. Nor is anyone else.
15. EVERY APPLICANT MUST AGREE UPON WHAT WILL CONSTITUTE A CONCLUSION THAT, ON THE OCCASION OF THE PRELIMINARY OR THE FORMAL TEST, HE OR SHE DID OR DID NOT DEMONSTRATE THE CLAIMED ABILITY OR POWER.

Unless you have taken and passed the Formal Test, you don't get nor deserve the million. Thus far, no one has made it through the Preliminary Test, nor will ever demonstrate abilities suffient to pass such a test even in here, much less Randi's far more exacting requirements. Have you passed or even taken either test? I thought not.

What's all the drivel on your site about Nostradamus, then? He was merely another fraud from an earlier time. Have you actually read the tripe he wrote? I have and if you haven't, I'd suggest that you get good and drunk before starting. It'll still be incomprehensable, but at least it'll be a good excuse for falling out of your chair laughing.

A freak main course at a Greek dinner is only proof that freaks often happen and to try and rip Randi off with such silliness is kinda freakish in itself, don't you think?

YOUR MILLION DOLLARS IS A FIGMENT OF YOUR MISHAPPENED IMAGINATION and if you weren't such a woo-woo, you'd understand this. So tough titty!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  06:21:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"14. This prize will continue to be offered until it is awarded. Upon the death of James Randi, the administration of the prize will pass into other hands, and it is intended that it continue in force. "

Anyone else see a contradiction?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  07:25:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard it all before. You're even linking to the same old tired CFI thread.
 Moderation Notice 

One more time, drmabus, and I'll consider it spamming.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  20:12:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Randi's response.....

----- Original Message -----
To: William Buck
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:20 AM
Subject: RE: Puzzling communication

William

This has been posted all over the Internet… These are the grubbies!

James Randi

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:16 AM
To: James Randi
Cc: William Buck
Subject: Puzzling communications

James Randi.....

I thought you might get a giggle out of this post sent this morning to SFN, a Forum board I frequent. Verbatim:

And for all you other FRAUDS, watch carefully the consequences of Randi's *great idea*…..

Please visit:

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/3283/

For over 40 years James Randi (is this even a REAL NAME?) has had total control over who and how the testing was conducted, yet despite all this he has terminated the challenge.

The ONLY REASON why the challenge was stopped is because he lost and refused to pay.

Great force.....it's over......
where is my MILLION DOLLARS, you LITTLE NO-NAME FRAUD

I don't have any idea of what he's talking about either! Just for smiles.....

Best Regards,

William Buck

Coeur D'Alene, Idaho

[Edited to change long line of underbars into a horizontal line - Dave W.]
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  20:42:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, Randi has seen the post, because he and I and several others got it as an email.

Some guy, who didn't know why he was “on the list” anymore than I know why I was on the list, argued that the prize is a fraud anyhow.

I debunked his assertions (having to do with the tests our government did on remote viewing and Ray Hyman's views on the subject as one of the people who analyzed the evidence, and received a little thank you note from Randi.

I love when stuff like that happens…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  00:41:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Randi's answer to Victor Zammit!

Sent: Tuesday, 26 February 2008 2:03 AM
To: 'Victor J Zammit'
Subject: RE: How we stopped Randi's MILLION DOLLAR PARANORMAL CHALLENGE
Importance: High

February 25th, 2008, at 10;03 hr. An open message to the obviously misinformed and rather desperate Mr. Zammit:

(1) My name is not “Zwinge Randi,” and it never has been. My name is James Randi, legally and properly. You seem to think that you are privy to some deep, dark, secret information about me that is being concealed; in this, as in so many other delusions you exhibit, you are wrong.

(2) Please – summoning up your highly expert legal abilities – draft a formal statement for me to sign, clearly stating that the million-dollar prize exists, is specifically held for that purpose, and exists as immediately-negotiable bonds which can be converted to cash by anyone to whom it is awarded. Upon receipt of that document, I will sign it and have it notarized (in your vast experience, you may be familiar with this legal procedure?) and I will both mail you a copy by post and exhibit it as a scanned document on the JREF web page, within 24 hours. I agree to risk the possible seven years imprisonment, and I volunteer to travel to Australia if and when I am charged and convicted of fraud in this respect.

(3) I generously agree that “any applicant will have the automatic right to cite” this document, and to receive a copy of it by postal mail, if so desired.

(4) In response to your inquiry, yes, I am able to summon up the “courage” and the “stomach” that you require, Mr. Zammit. Are you similarly able? We all await your response with great interest…!

Promptly, Victor Zammit responded, though I suspect that this is a standard computer-generated answer:

Thank you for your email. I will be replying to your email on my return to the office on Friday this week. Victor Zammit

We'll see...

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  08:42:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  05:45:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just bumping this so it doesn't fall off the radar - we should hear something by Friday, no?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  18:26:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pleco.....

Here's another bump.
Just bumping this so it doesn't fall off the radar - we should hear something by Friday, no?
Yeah, I think James is riled enough by this Zammit to keep on his ass for a while. I would guess that there will be a mention in SWIFT this Friday, whether or not Zammit responds to Randi's provocations! Might have to wait til' the following friday, because Randi has to go to press on Thursday PM! If nothing shows up, I'll e-mail him and try and find out!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.