Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 John Hagee--Israel needs better friends!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  11:02:25  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a guy that John McCain wants to have backing him. Yeah, maybe you'd better find someone else to vote for?

Yes, at some point on that page you'll find a video where Hagee seems to blame the Holocaust on Jews; that god was punishing them or something.

More here.

Hitler and The Nazis as Agents of "God's Boundless Love"?

John Hagee also has written, in "Jerusalem Countdown", that Hitler and the Nazis were sent by God, agents of "God's boundless love... for the Jewish People" :

"The Prophet Jeremiah... paints a vivid picture of the human agents God intended to use to bring the Jewish people back to Israel:

'But now I will send for many fisherman', declares the Lord', 'and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks.'

I believe this indicates the positive comes before the negative.....

First, God sent the fisherman to Israel. These were the Zionists, men like Theodore Herzl who called for the Jews of Europe and the World to come to Palestine and establish the Jewish state. The Jews were encouraged to escape while there was still time....

[Then] God sent the hunters. The hunter is one who pursues his target with force and fear. No one could see the horror of the Holocaust coming, but the force and fear of Hitler's Nazis drive the Jewish people back to the only home God ever intended for the Jews to have-Israel.... I am stricken with awe and wonder at his boundless love for Israel and the Jewish people..."( "Jerusalem Countdown", paperback edition, pages 132 and 133 )

The implication of Hagee's writing is that Jews have no legitimate right to live anywhere else but in Israel, where per Hagee's beliefs they will soon be all but destroyed, reduced to a "remnant" and converted to Christianity

and here.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 03/04/2008 11:04:27

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  11:27:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it seems to me that if you believe in the "hippie God o' love" then you have to justify to yourself how exactly God could do such a thing(holocaust etc.) to good people. Naturally they end up being demonized to give God a good excuse. Just like gays being responsible for Katrina and the recent earthquakes in Isreal.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  11:39:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As of yesterday, McCain and Hagee were all over the Tube, all over each other, practically copulating in front of the cameras! Slimy, sycophantic motherfuckers! That goddam McCain would fellate Benny Hinn on camera if he thought he could get a vote or two out of it!

SheeeeeeeIT!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  11:41:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're being too ambiguous. Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. ;)

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  13:04:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hagee is a religious lunatic immersed in a lot of the Bible's weirder ideas, embellished by his own. He also has a big mouth.

Personal beliefs

Hagee has denounced replacement theology, believing that Romans 9, 10 and 11 teaches that the Jewish people continue to have favor with God by the election of grace and as a people of the covenant their salvation is not dependent on belief in Jesus Christ. Hagee believes that the Bible commands Christians to support Israel and the Jewish people [4][5].

He alleges the land of Israel never belonged to the Arabs because sovereignty went from the Ottoman Turks who controlled the land prior to World War I, to the British, to the United Nations which authorized its partition and creation of the State of Israel. He claims the land was named Palestine after the ancient Philistines to punish the Jews for their revolt against the Romans, that there is no unique Palestinian language and most of those who claim to be Palestinians immigrated from other Arab nations prior to 1948.

Hagee has said Iran is a threat to Western civilization and that they will never respond favorably to diplomacy[citation needed]. He supports an American-Israeli pre-emptive military strike against Iran to eliminate its alleged nuclear programme.[6] He supports the Neo-Conservative movement in the United States.

As a result of these beliefs, many in the mainstream of religious and political thought and belief regard Hagee as a controversial religious figure not necessarily representative of other members of his faith. Bill Moyers, a public television journalist, says of Hagee:

Someone who didn't know better could imagine from the very name Christians United For Israel - CUFI -that pastor John Hagee speaks for all Christians. Well, he doesn't. Like other faiths, Christians are a motley lot. For example, the last time I checked there were at least 27 varieties of Baptists in America, and I can tell you from first hand knowledge, Baptists differ profoundly in how we read the Bible, how we read history, and how we read election returns. Evangelicals come in hundreds of sizes and shapes, and CUFI is just one of the legions of conservative Christian organizations. You know some of the others -- Pat Robertson and the Christian Coalition, Jerry Falwell's Moral Majority, and James Dobson's Focus on the Family. What these fellows have forged is a close connection between the White House and the religious right. But they don't represent all evangelicals -- not even close. Look at this letter to President Bush from evangelicals who don't belong to CUFI: "We affirm your clear call for a two-state solution" "Historical honesty compels us to recognize that both Israelis and Palestinians have legitimate rights stretching back for millennia." and… "Israelis and Palestinians must both accept each other's right to exist." Thirty-four leading evangelical leaders signed that letter in July.

Hagee's preaching is considered relatively traditional compared to some other televangelists. He asks his congregation to stand during the reading of the Biblical text prior to his sermon, and his style is often classified as "hellfire and brimstone." Hagee, like some other evangelical ministers, condemns literature such as J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter, calling it contemporary witchcraft.

Hagee denounces abortion and stopped giving money to Israel's Hadassah hospital when they began performing abortions [8). He has also spoken out against homosexuality.

In his book Jerusalem Countdown: A Warning to the World, Hagee interprets the Bible to predict Russia and the Islamic states will invade Israel and be destroyed by God. This will cause the anti-Christ, the head of the European Union, to create a confrontation over Israel between China and the West. A final battle between East and West at Armageddon will then precipitate the Second Coming of Christ.[9] In a discussion concerning Muhammad, he claims Muhammad was a man of war and this influence on Islam is the cause of the troubles of Jerusalem[citation needed].

Theologically, Hagee believes in the "baptism of the Holy Spirit", the "absolute authority of the scripture", miraculous healing, anointing with oil, baptism by immersion, the importance of evangelism, and the "worship of the Lord through singing, clapping, and the lifting of hands."[10].

But McCain's gotta have them to keep the Religious Right in line. Should he win the election, he can do as they all have done, icluding Bush: pay little more than lip service to them, and otherwise ignore them for the crackpots that the more strident of them are.

They're not only crackpots, but suckers in the bargain.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/04/2008 13:05:40
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  13:11:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't it true that Bush has done more than just pay those people "lip service" though?

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  13:13:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, he paid cash as well.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  13:43:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Isn't it true that Bush has done more than just pay those people "lip service" though?
Nah. He tossed them some nickle & dime shit and that's about it. They have yet to get any of the big stuff, like the 10 Commandments, organized prayer in public schools, private school vouchers, an end to SS, an end to abortion (they did get 'partial birth' stopped), and so forth. And the lauded 'faith-based-initives' has been left to pretty much languish from a lack of attention and petty politics.
More than five years after President Bush created the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives, the former second-in-command of that office is going public with an insider's tell-all account that portrays an office used almost exclusively to win political points with both evangelical Christians and traditionally Democratic minorities.

The office's primary mission, providing financial support to charities that serve the poor, never got the presidential support it needed to succeed, according to the book.

Entitled “Tempting Faith,” the book is not scheduled for release until Oct. 16, but MSNBC's “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” has obtained a copy.

“Tempting Faith's” author is David Kuo, who served as special assistant to the president from 2001 to 2003. A self-described conservative Christian, Kuo's previous experience includes work for prominent conservatives including former Education Secretary and federal drug czar Bill Bennett and former Attorney General John Ashcroft.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  16:56:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The reason I can't even consider voting for Jonny Mac. He once called these idiots "agents of intolerance". Rather than stand on principle, he sold out to political expediency and decided to become all friendly with them.

I hope he's choking to death inside every time he has to be near these fools. And when he loses the general election anyway, I hope he shoots himself for being a total sellout.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  04:22:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

The reason I can't even consider voting for Jonny Mac. He once called these idiots "agents of intolerance". Rather than stand on principle, he sold out to political expediency and decided to become all friendly with them.

I hope he's choking to death inside every time he has to be near these fools. And when he loses the general election anyway, I hope he shoots himself for being a total sellout.

He did, didn't he! I'd forgotten about that! How quickly the attitude changes and the coat turns when something is needed, or indeed, merely convienment. It demonstrates a lack of ethics becoming only to a Neocon; those to whom 'ethics' are a encumbrance and should apply only to someone else. The various 'agents of intolerance' know all about this because it is what keeps them in business. McCain will pay a price for Hagee's backing. Nobody rides for free on The Bigot Bus except the bigots themselves.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  05:14:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Ride the Bigot Bus"...(sung to the tune of "Ride the Magic Bus"?)

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  07:26:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  09:01:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil Plait has gotten into the action on this one.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.