Number 60, though all heart, strikes out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  22:45:32  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Comedian Billy Crystal was the New York Yankees designated hitter today. Wearing number 60 to match his age, the lifelong baseball lover had his only at-bat as a major league baseball player.

He didn't do all that badly, though not well enough to make the team permanently. Here's to you, Billy, you lucky son-of-a-bitch.
"It was the strangest, greatest moment of my life," he said Thursday.
You know, one of these centuries, present Abrahamic religions will be recast as mythology, and probably unfavorably compared to the more wonderous tales of the Greeks. But, likely, the ritualistic mystery-cult of baseball will be essentially unchanged. Even though I'm not much of a baseball fan, I doubt I'll ever be a baseball atheist.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/13/2008 22:47:48

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  20:14:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good for him! Can't wait for opening day. Hope the Jays don't push Ryan too hard too soon and blow out that elbow.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  21:00:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It must have been a delight for Billy Crystal. Though that's not my particular cuppa Java, I can fully empathize. (For me, the equivalent might be being made part of the first team of astronauts sent to Mars. On return, they could give me the bad news that I should keep my day job.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.