Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  09:00:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
PZ Myers (from the link in Hypocrit Humbert's last post):
Besides, he said, the video “was an absolutely horrible piece of marketing.”

“It wouldn't be a draw to Expelled's target audience, nor would it persuade critics to go see the movie,” he explained. “The Expelled producers wasted their money on it, if they thought they were getting a marketing tool.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  09:04:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Hypocrit Humbert said:
Sorry, Dude. You really should have listened to all those people who's opinion you found so hilariously misguided. Turns out we were right. It was made by the makers of Expelled.

Tuns out you are wrong yet again. The video wasn't "made" by the "makers" of expelled. It was made by a third party contracted for animation and the express purpose of making the video. Just to be specific here.

Another error for you to apologize for!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Edited by - Dude on 04/28/2008 09:04:29
Go to Top of Page

Michael Edmondson

4 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  09:17:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Michael Edmondson's Homepage Send Michael Edmondson a Private Message
Dude wrote:

"He is clearly not a "disinterested third party" and obviously does not have an "expressly creationist point of view"!"

This statement is true.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  09:22:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Originally posted by Dude
You pathetic little crybaby, you are so stuck on being offended that I think you are worth laughing at that you cant put enough distance between your emotional overreaction and the video to be objective.
Nice projection. I was gracious in the beginning. It's your continued arrogance which is making this so unpleasant for yourself. All you had to apologize about being such an ass and this wouldn't have escalated. But I'm not about to back down from a blowhard as grossly incorrect as you. If you want to be a fucktard who belittles those of a different opinion than yourself, then you sure as shit better be ready to eat your words when you end up wrong. I'm not whining, Dude, I'm holding you to your own standards. You're the one doing the whining because you got caught with your pants down and now can't seem to admit it, remember, Dude?

But wait... I can chery pick from Edmonson's comments too!
Edmonson:
In the second video there appears the text ‘In Vitro Vertas.' It means ‘the truth is in the test tube.' I think that is a true statement for this issue. If intelligent design is true the truth will eventually come out through the science. I think the film has a viewpoint that has the right to be heard.”
Which if anything indicates Edmondson believes ID has a scientific case to make, making him sympathetic to the ID cause and ignorant of the science. But this is your champion of creation satire? You can't even cherry-pick correctly.

Dude could not accept that he was wrong about Edmondson's intentions.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who didn't have Edmonson's intent squarely pegged! He is clearly not a "disinterested third party" and obviously does not have an "expressly creationist point of view"!
Yes, in evolution-creation wars, he would be a classified disinterested third party working for creationists. That's what "making fun of everyone" means, dumbass.

So are you gonna grovel and beg forgiveness for your arrogance and error HH? You can start now by apologizing to me for you being such a hypocritical little fuckwad in this thread.
Why would I when I'm right Dude? Wow, you've really lost it, man. You're now reduced to making up stuff for me to apologize for in order to appear "even." You really are becoming more and more like Dembski every day.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 04/28/2008 09:34:02
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  09:27:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Originally posted by Dude

Hypocrit Humbert said:
Sorry, Dude. You really should have listened to all those people who's opinion you found so hilariously misguided. Turns out we were right. It was made by the makers of Expelled.

Tuns out you are wrong yet again. The video wasn't "made" by the "makers" of expelled. It was made by a third party contracted for animation and the express purpose of making the video. Just to be specific here.

Another error for you to apologize for!
Right, because I meant literally made by their own hands and not paid for.

You can't see how pathetic you are? I'm trying to hold you accountable for things you've actually said and positions you've actually held, and all you can do is create strawmen in order to hurl my charges back at me? What a spineless pieces of garbage you are. Dude. Really. You are utterly without integrity. Well, you're the one that has to live with being a two-faced lying weasel who no one can ever take seriously again. But try to hurl more insults to cover your inadequacies. Maybe if you shout loud enough people will forget what loser you are.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

Go to Top of Page

Michael Edmondson

4 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  09:49:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Michael Edmondson's Homepage Send Michael Edmondson a Private Message
Uhh... Hello. Michael Edmondson here.

H. Humpbert... or Humpy as I will call you.

you wrote:

"Which if anything indicates Edmondson believes ID has a scientific case to make, making him symnpathetic to the ID cause and ignorant of the science."

Well no... what I said doesn't indicate this. It can be taken both ways. I could have meant "ID is doomed to die on the vine".

Now remember that the rap lyrics were written by Matt Chandler and the whole thing was approved by the producers... and it was my job. Sorry Dude... I may have been making fun of creationists too... but it wasn't and inside job.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  09:56:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Enough. H., if you've been sitting on this anger for six days (not two weeks), you really need a break or something.
Warning Official Warning Warning

Warnings all 'round. bngbuck, too.

Oh, and welcome to the SFN, Michael Edmondson. Sorry the place is such a mess, try not to step on any of the numerous venting spleens.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  10:17:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
First: Welcome to the SFN! The place can be a bit rowdy from time to time, and downright ugly on occasion, but mostly is a cool place (even when Kil is feeling especially evil).

M. Edmonson said:
Sorry Dude... I may have been making fun of creationists too... but it wasn't and inside job.

Yes. I have that now. My initial take (as I said to HH earlier) was wrong. I was initially convinced that there was no way the Expelled crowd could have been responsible for that video, even as mere producers. It is a great piece of work btw, I laugh every time I see it.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  10:24:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
HH:
Anything I have said about the video that contradicts Mr Edmonson's statements was in error. Consider them retracted. My bad.

I'm still not going to apologize for laughing at you though.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Edited by - Dude on 04/28/2008 10:25:12
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  11:10:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Mr. Edmondson!

I just got finished reading this piece about you, and a nagging question remains...

Is that you in that bikini underneath Genie Scott's head?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  13:26:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Originally posted by Michael Edmondson
H. Humpbert... or Humpy as I will call you.
You won't call me anything but my proper name unless you mean to give offense. H.H. is fine for brevity's sake, Mr. Edmondson

Edited by - H. Humbert on 04/28/2008 13:39:59
Go to Top of Page

Michael Edmondson

4 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  13:38:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Michael Edmondson's Homepage Send Michael Edmondson a Private Message
The bodies from the video... all me... my wife is less than trilled... and may never wear that bikini again.

OH..... H.H.....I'm holding back for you (you seem to be the only one who had my name right). I meant no offense... but... you must admit you have a funny name. If you can't admit that. I can't call you H.H.

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  13:43:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
I meant no offense... but... you must admit you have a funny name. If you can't admit that. I can't call you H.H.
Well, seeing as there's no "P" in my name, you're inclusion of it in order to get "hump" out of my name seems childish and antagonistic, not innocuously humorous. If you honestly mean no offense, then just stick to H.H. and leave off the commentary altogether.

Edited by - H. Humbert on 04/28/2008 13:46:37
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  16:10:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message

The bodies from the video... all me... my wife is less than trilled... and may never wear that bikini again.
I think I've suddenly discovered that I know far too much about you.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  10:45:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Humbert, having problems owning up to your own errors here now? Time to man-up and acknowledge your own mistakes.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.