Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2018 :  19:51:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by welshdean

Biggest surprise for me is that PZ is still a 'thing'. I thought he'd cut his own grave years ago.
Made me a little sad to see his name again!
Gee, if that's the way you feel about PZ, then it makes me a little sad to see your name again.

Think about it: you went out of your way to log in again after four years just to offer a completely tangential insult to someone (who will probably never see it) only because you saw his initials in a post that's over six years old.

Hell, I'm sure there are even older posts that have PZ's initials in them. You want to resurrect those, too, just to keyboard-fart at him? Or was your intent to troll fans of PZ who might still be here?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 :  14:55:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still a PZ Myers fan. "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." :p
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2018 :  10:24:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see PZ's posts now and then. Not his blog. I guess I just don't care. He's still in my friend's list on FB, but there are others who came out of the Freethought Blogs that I see a lot more and sometimes respond to. like Ed Brayton and Greta Christina. As it happens, I didn't really end up a fan of PZ's which I'm sure some thread from the past here will show, but what does it matter? My politics are pretty much the same and I love science.

Speaking of that, back when Brayton was still at FTB I posted a link to one of his blogs and one of my facebook friends questioned why I would do that as If they are supposed to be the enemy. They weren't my enemy. What I told him is I will post to anything I think has merit and that I want to share and I did finally get him to agree that a blanket rejection of everything from FTB is nothing less than a request to reject things I agree with based on where it's coming from, which would essentially be ad hominem reasoning.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.