New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ConsequentAtheist
SFN Regular

641 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  08:17:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ConsequentAtheist a Private Message
quote:
Sorry, ReasonableDoubt. I fear I misunderstood you.
No problem. If my other interactions on this board are any indication, I apparently and effortlessly facilitate misunderstanding.

Go to Top of Page

Omega
Skeptic Friend

Denmark
164 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  16:43:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Omega an ICQ Message Send Omega a Private Message
Atomic> I'm not sure the real problem is Sharon and Arafat. Remove them, and you risk getting even more radical leaders in their place. Because of the situation in the Middleeast.

RD>When you use the word “anti-Semitic genocide” you are, by using that word, implying the problem is a religiously racist one. There is nothing anti-semitic happening in the Middle-east. The Palestinians and Arab countries do not oppose the Jews BECAUSE they are Jews, but because they have placed a country in Palestine, taken land from neighbouring countries, slaughtered civilians and refuse the Palestinians a right to their own country.

If the Arabs were opposed to the Jews BECAUSE they were Jews, there would a dark irony in the fact that Semitic covers both groups. But it is a poisonous mix of religion and politics at large in the area. NOT racism.

"All it takes to fly is to fling yourself at the ground... and miss."
- Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.