Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  05:26:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
I think I need to watch more TV. I didn't recognize a single specific ad mentioned. Man, I don't even know what the hullabaloo about Abercrombie and Fitch was all about. I do know that I have a talent for blocking out things I'm not interested in, but some commercials are fun. I'd like to hear about the funny ones.

(Who's Carrot Top?)

"The Constitution ..., is a marvelous document for self-government by Christian people. But the minute you turn the document into the hands of non-Christian and atheistic people they can use it to destroy the very foundation of our society." P. Robertson
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  09:28:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
I hope, that none of you are using bad comercials as an excuse to change the channel, have a bathroom break or fastforward a recorded programm. Because that would be theft. At least arcording Jamie Kellner the chairman and CEO of Turner Broadcasting.

Well he did say, that there's a certain amount of tolerance for going to the bathroom, but don't formalize or you are breaking the contract you have with your broadcaster.

Go to Top of Page

Jesus

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  09:45:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Jesus a Private Message
Any ad for AT&T that features Carrot Top.
Lisa-------------------------------------------I love carrot top

Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  18:42:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:

I hope, that none of you are using bad comercials as an excuse to change the channel, have a bathroom break or fastforward a recorded programm. Because that would be theft. At least arcording Jamie Kellner the chairman and CEO of Turner Broadcasting.

WTF? Well, that would help to explain why WCW sucked(besides the writers).

quote:
Well he did say, that there's a certain amount of tolerance for going to the bathroom, but don't formalize or you are breaking the contract you have with your broadcaster.

What contract? Where's my lawyer?! MATLOCK!

*whine*

Edited by - James on 05/05/2002 18:45:55
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  01:56:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

I think I need to watch more TV. I didn't recognize a single specific ad mentioned
LOL, just be greatful for small favors.
I wasn't paying too much attention to many commericals but a bit more so now, now that you guys are talking about them.
I saw one tonight, seen it before but never really look at it. It's for Pepsi. Some cutsie little slick blond trying to do a Marilyn Monore impression but very badly. I can't stand girls who try to be 'cute'. Anyway, am I glad I sold my PEP, Pepsi stock before they did that stupid commerical.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich." - Napoleon
Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  05:03:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:
I saw one tonight, seen it before but never really look at it. It's for Pepsi. Some cutsie little slick blond trying to do a Marilyn Monore impression but very badly.

That was Britney Spears.

*whine*
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  11:16:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
The only reason I was watching TV the other night is because MIB was on. That was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
Ooo, then the commercials started. Now I remembered why I've been avoiding TV.
BTW, Carrot Top is not funny. He's obnoxious. I could forgive a lot if he was a little better-looking. (Yes, I'm shallow) But he's but ugly and obnoxious, an unforgiveable combination.
Lisa

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  12:54:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

quote:
I saw one tonight, seen it before but never really look at it. It's for Pepsi. Some cutsie little slick blond trying to do a Marilyn Monore impression but very badly.

That was Britney Spears.

OH! I have heard that name before. She's like some teenage idol or something. No wonder it was such a bad commerical, usually people with no talent (and no brains) are the ones that are popular.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease
to be amused.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  13:07:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

The only reason I was watching TV the other night is because MIB was on. That was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
BTW, Carrot Top is not funny. He's obnoxious. I could forgive a lot if he was a little better-looking. (Yes, I'm shallow) But he's but ugly and obnoxious, an unforgiveable combination.
Lisa

Well Lisa, I can agree with you there. I never knew who he was. I watch Politicaly Incorrect sometimes and only half pay attention as I'm on the computer while it's on. About 3/4 of the people on there I never heard of but that's where I saw 'Carrot Top' for the 1st time and whatever his act is, I wouldn't go see it.
And those ATT commericals, I agree with the statements here too. And am about to sell my stock in that company also. (I own it and won't even use it for my Long Distance carrier, they are so bad.) Whoops! Don't stop using ATT until I sell, please.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
to be amused.
Go to Top of Page

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  15:21:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
quote:

Well he did say, that there's a certain amount of tolerance for going to the bathroom,...

Which reminds me...There are ads for bottled water (and some for filters) that tell you the only way to be healthy is to drink ten-twelve glasses a day.
BUT there are other ads that tell you to run; don't walk, to your doctor to get their perscription drug if you have to pee more than eight times a day .
Do the math guys!

-------
My business is to teach my aspirations to conform themselves to fact, not to try and make facts harmonize with my aspirations. ---Thomas Henry Huxley, 1860
Go to Top of Page

Wiley
Skeptic Friend

68 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  16:35:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Wiley a Private Message
quote:

Lisa

I concur: He's ugly, he's obnoxious. On no. Wait. That's me.

Now if he was on a Celebrity Fear Factor sans safety gear, that I would watch.

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  21:15:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Well he did say, that there's a certain amount of tolerance for going to the bathroom,...

Which reminds me...There are ads for bottled water (and some for filters) that tell you the only way to be healthy is to drink ten-twelve glasses a day.
BUT there are other ads that tell you to run; don't walk, to your doctor to get their perscription drug if you have to pee more than eight times a day .
Do the math guys!

ROFLOL.
It never fails, there's always an ad for Cheesecake or McDonalds followed by Weight Watchers or a fitness center. Or they are trying to sell you a candy bar and then tooth paste. Don't you see!!! It's a conspiricy by big business, to get you to do something TO yourself and then spend money to undo what you've done. Sheesh, wake up people!

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
to be amused.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.