Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2002 :  22:27:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
quote:
I haven't been in physical therapy. Nor have they given me any steroids, other than for my lungs. For me, it only hurts when I have been standing for a few hours and sometimes it will hurt on its own. I can walk and do excersize for a long time before I have to sit down, and that'll be because of my lungs, MTL.

Huh!? No physical therapy? Is your doctor a quack? - Sorry. Why didn't they try physical therapy when they first realized your knee wasn't back after a strain? Usually, at least in my experience, they try physical therapy first. The steroid injections are done into the soft tissue of the knee to reduce any apparent swelling. They are actually very painful.

---
...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young
Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2002 :  22:41:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:

quote:
I haven't been in physical therapy. Nor have they given me any steroids, other than for my lungs. For me, it only hurts when I have been standing for a few hours and sometimes it will hurt on its own. I can walk and do excersize for a long time before I have to sit down, and that'll be because of my lungs, MTL.

Huh!? No physical therapy? Is your doctor a quack? - Sorry. Why didn't they try physical therapy when they first realized your knee wasn't back after a strain? Usually, at least in my experience, they try physical therapy first. The steroid injections are done into the soft tissue of the knee to reduce any apparent swelling. They are actually very painful.

There hasn't been any swelling. Just the pain. And all my doctor said was to take two Advil and ice my knee.

If I ever get a regular doctor out at the VA, I'll have that doc look at it.

Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...

*whine*
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2002 :  22:59:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
quote:

Good luck!

---
...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young
Go to Top of Page

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2002 :  23:15:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
Hmmm, maybe the accupunture needles are stuck in the knee of a rag doll in New Orleans? You aren't missing any locks of hair or finger nail clippings, are you, mon?

-------
My business is to teach my aspirations to conform themselves to fact, not to try and make facts harmonize with my aspirations. ---Thomas Henry Huxley, 1860
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  00:14:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

I've never heard of it being connected to the soul from western philosophy.
More precisely the SPIRIT.
The Chi, Ha, and Spirit are all misunderstandings of the respiratory system. They are your breath which was thought to be something magical. It's why you bless someone when they sneeze-because their spirit is outside their bodies where demons can catch it (that's why some people sicken and die after they sneeze-the demons caught their spirit)
At least my teacher never mentioned it and I believe he was very knowledgable.
Was your teacher interested in scientific fact ?

I think you missunderstood on every thing I said. Maybe not your fault but we are talking about 'apples and oranges'.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Bye, bye Los Angeles. SAN FERNANDO VALLEY SECESSION - YES.

All lives are movie settings, its what channel your on that counts
Zatikia
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  00:42:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

There hasn't been any swelling. Just the pain. And all my doctor said was to take two Advil and ice my knee.

That doesn't sound too unusual. I've been to about 4 or 5 different doctors the last few years and not until just this last month did I get lucky with one who right away put me on physical therapy. I always told them the same thing but each time they went down a different road, mostly doing nothing, ha ha. (take two pills and call me!)
Ironically one of the 1st ones was from Hong Kong, educated here, he did nothing.
This last one is from Taiwan, studied at UCLA. Both Chinese but with different ways of looking at the situation. So I think it's a matter of finding a doctor you can communicate with and has the knowledge and attitude you can work with. The one I have now actually sits and listens to the problem and analyzes what to do about it with me. Doesn't edge out of the room as you are asking a question, LOL.

*Carabao forever
---------------
Bye, bye Los Angeles. SAN FERNANDO VALLEY SECESSION - YES

All lives are movie settings, it's what channel you're on that counts. Zatikia
Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  09:15:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:

Hmmm, maybe the accupunture needles are stuck in the knee of a rag doll in New Orleans? You aren't missing any locks of hair or finger nail clippings, are you, mon?

Nope, the needles are stuck in me. I should know, I can feel the ones she sticks in my feet and wrists. Especially the last time, she hit a couple of nerves in my feet. The first pin really made me jump.

quote:
The one I have now actually sits and listens to the problem and analyzes what to do about it with me.

Sounds like the dotor I had in the Navy who put me in the hospital. Now that I look back, I think I just may owe her my life....

Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...

*whine*
Go to Top of Page

The SollyLama
Skeptic Friend

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  19:46:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send The SollyLama a Private Message
I'm all for controlling pain through herbs. I know a dude that can get the perfect herb for that. Zig Zags not included.

I saw an 'Investigative Reports' on A&E that said basically that GNC is a death trap. Stay away, I hear it's worse than Beruit.

Bleed for me, I've bled for you. Embrace me child, I'll see you through.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.