Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  10:21:38  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Now accepting nominations for the biggest idiot/twit etc of 2002. Please post your suggestions below and we'll turn it into a poll.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting

Kilted_Warrior
Skeptic Friend

Canada
118 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  11:06:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilted_Warrior a Private Message
I think I speak for millions when I nominate, George W. Bush, for encouraging a pointless war, and being an all-around idiot.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  12:39:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
George Bush's nomination is a bit of a no brainer eh?

I nominate Cardinal Law & the Pope for their indifference to the suffering they helped perpetuate.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  14:18:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
Lately, I'm thinking of Antonin Scalia, but how about John Muhammad and Jon Lee Malvo for now?

I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.
-Agent Smith
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  14:40:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
I think that I might have to nominate Ashcroft for his unrelenting attack on anything resembling freedoms or civil rights and his total inability to realize he is supposed to be the leader of the Dept. of Justice and Justice is supposed to be impartial to all not just the religious majority.
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  14:43:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by PhDreamer

Lately, I'm thinking of Antonin Scalia, but how about John Muhammad and Jon Lee Malvo for now?

Did you see Scalia's total strawman of the "legal system trying to remove God from public life garbage"? What a joke. I know of very few atheists advocating the forced removal of anyone's beliefs or expressions thereof except for the governments which the constitution prohibits.

Restricting the government from promoting a religion does not equate to removing religion from public life. What a clueless dork.
Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  18:03:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jmcginn

Did you see Scalia's total strawman of the "legal system trying to remove God from public life garbage"? What a joke. I know of very few atheists advocating the forced removal of anyone's beliefs or expressions thereof except for the governments which the constitution prohibits.

That's exactly what prompted me to mention his name.
quote:
Restricting the government from promoting a religion does not equate to removing religion from public life. What a clueless dork.

The kooky thing is that he doesn't think issues like that decided by the 9th Circuit in Newdow are properly judicial. He thinks the presence of "Under God" in the pledge is purely a legislative decision to keep or remove. I guess as long as Congress doesn't call its resolutions "laws," it can do whatever it wants.

I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.
-Agent Smith
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  07:46:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
I hereby nominate ex-governor George Ryan of Illinois.

He is the feckless thug who commuted 156 death row inmates to life in prison. And not for the reasons you'd think. In 1977, he helped write the death penalty laws in Illinois. Later, as Secretary of State for Illinois, he was the start for licenses for bribes. He issued eight $100 fundraising tickets to each employee. The employee was responsible for the tickets and could not return ones they did not sell. In response, some employees started taking bribes to license drivers. When allegations came to light and an internal investigation started, Ryan was campaigning for governor so the investigation was quashed. In some cases, licenses for commercial vehicles were sold including hazmat certification. One of these commercial drivers who paid a bribe to obtain his license had an accident in California killing 20. Another had an accident in Wisconsin where six children of a minister died in a firey crash. He may be facing charges of multiple counts of second degree murder which carries the death penalty.

Now to the nice folks on death row. While some deserved to have a hearing, some did not. When making his decision to have clemency hearings for all 160 death row inmates, Ryan only talked to the families of the inmates. He ignored the families of the victims and law enforcement. Four inmates were pardoned because they were convicted with confessions that were beaten out of them.

Of those where there was a confession without coersion and forensic evidence which supported the confession, one killed a firefighter responding to a call. Two killed a pregnant mother and cut the full term fetus from the mothers body because they wanted a bi-racial child. To cover their crime, they killed the woman's daughter and took the woman's son which they later considered a threat, tortured and killed. One was bounced from an Elgin bar and returned in camoflauge with a gun and proceded to shoot up the place killing two. When his gun jammed, patrons tackled him and wrestled him to the ground. He was turned over to police. One founded a group of gang rapists who killed their victims. The rest of his co-members have already been executed.

Ryan's motives seem to be so that the death penalty would not be applied to himself.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a real piece of shit, George Ryan. Fuck up extrodinaire.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  11:51:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Is Gary Schwartz too obvious? Or not enough of an idiot or a twit?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  01:34:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kilted_Warrior

I think I speak for millions when I nominate, George W. Bush, for encouraging a pointless war, and being an all-around idiot.

That was my very 1st thought too. But maybe not for the same reasons.
I CAN'T stand the way that man (tries to) speaks English. It's so embarrassing to think people in other countries look at him as our representitive. I hope they don't think we are all that illiterate or pronounce words that poorly.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  01:44:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

Now accepting nominations for the biggest idiot/twit etc of 2002. Please post your suggestions below and we'll turn it into a poll.

@tomic

If it can be someone who's not as well known nationaly or internationaly I'd vote for the Gov. of my fair state, California.
Gray Davis. It's not enough he did all that shit last year and caused us to loose so much money because of a phony energy 'crisis'. NOW, we are getting a BIG tax raise.
Good way to get business going and people buying, Gov. You jerk ass.
Go to Top of Page

welshdean
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  03:54:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send welshdean a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic
Now accepting nominations for the biggest idiot/twit etc of 2002.

I can't imagine you'll get more than one nominee from these fair shores:
Tony (GwB's poodle) Blair.
Apparantly, GwB has trained him to roll over, beg and bomb 3rd world dictatorships. We were hoping that GwB was about to train him to look at Saudi as THE breeding ground for terrorists, but instead GwB trained him turn a blind eye and fly in the face of UN resolutions.
Excellent lap dog, shite PM.

"Frazier is so ugly he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life."

"I am America. I am the part you won't recognize, but get used to me. Black, confident, cocky. My name, not yours. My religion, not yours. My goals, my own. Get used to me."

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."

---- Muhammad Ali

Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  06:50:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:
I can't imagine you'll get more than one nominee from these fair shores:
Tony (GwB's poodle) Blair.
Apparantly, GwB has trained him to roll over, beg and bomb 3rd world dictatorships. We were hoping that GwB was about to train him to look at Saudi as THE breeding ground for terrorists, but instead GwB trained him turn a blind eye and fly in the face of UN resolutions.
Excellent lap dog, shite PM.

Well from this side of the Pacific, my vote goes for our little lapdog for Dubya, Johnny "Dubya" Howard (who by the way welshdean resents Blair for getting more pats on the head and doggy treats from his Texan master)

For christs sake, we have about 7 people in our armed forces and a defence expendature of 8 dollars.....what the hell are we going to prove over there....

George has it covered, he doesn't need us minnows tugging at his shoelaces.

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  21:19:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Snake:
Gray Davis. It's not enough he did all that shit last year and caused us to loose so much money because of a phony energy 'crisis'. NOW, we are getting a BIG tax raise.

While Davis acted a bit late, he was the one who said the suppliers were holding the state up with phony power shortages and such. Everyone poo poo'd him, including probably you. Turns out he was right! Now he has directed the California Attorney General to sue those company's and break the contracts that were made to keep your lights on. If you need to blame someone, why don't you blame Enron or the rest of Bush's energy cronies who were in on the scam?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Jim Reynolds

3 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  00:04:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Jim Reynolds an AOL message  Send Jim Reynolds a Yahoo! Message Send Jim Reynolds a Private Message
It would seem that the poll is not to select a recipient, but to select the best reason for naming GWB to that position of dishonor. As a Texan, I really, really hate the way he talks. He is obviously a carpetbagger trying to fake a redneck drawl. News Flash, Dub: Few Texans talk that way in everyday life. Nuke-ya-leer indeed. Idiot! Phillistine! Hun! quack! nincompoop! Rich impostors trying to cotton to the peasants talk like GWB, since they are under the misapprehension that we peasants do actually talk that way. They only talk to other rich folk every day, so they do not realize that the po' folk talk basically the same way. Professor Phil Gramm, the human basset hound of the Senate, is another good example. He sounds like a drunken Greenwich snob trying to mock a Southerner at a wine and cheese party.
The worst offender was a former assistant district attorney in these parts. In court, he spoke with a heavy Gramm/Bush politician's drawl. He affected the same accent in his TV commercials when he ran for DA. The commercials also showed him in jeans, chaps, and stetson, ridin' the range on an honest-to-god horse. Well, he probably learned to ride from the Queen's Equerry or such, because he was a native of the United Kingdom. He had graduated from the prestigious Winchester public school (a Wickhamist), and emigrated to this country at the age of 21. In private he spoke with an Oxford accent, unless he knew that there were media spies or other outsiders around, in which case he turned on the bogus drawl. He lost the election, but not for being a fraud, since that is no barrier to high office in this state.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  02:12:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

While Davis acted a bit late, he was the one who said the suppliers were holding the state up with phony power shortages and such. Everyone poo poo'd him, including probably you. Turns out he was right! Now he has directed the California Attorney General to sue those company's and break the contracts that were made to keep your lights on. If you need to blame someone, why don't you blame Enron or the rest of Bush's energy cronies who were in on the scam?

That problem was just one example that came to mind. It's actually, the chicken and the egg. Which came 1st. Did the public get hysterical they'd be in the dark or did the polititions think the public would be upset. In any case, it was made more of than nessassary on all fronts. So forget that example. He's no Jerry Brown.
I see more clearly now how the Democrats are destorying our government. Seems to me Davis is the perfect Democrat, take all the money away from people who earn it and give it to people who don't deserve it. That attitude right there should get the Twit award.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.