New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  00:59:03  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
Fossilized trees lived no longer than two thousand years. Millions of fossilized trees!!!! Creationists believe the earth was destroyed in a flood and covered in water, this is what explains all of the fossils everywhere. Fish gasping for air, backs broken and such.

you have absolutely no tangible evidence to back it up.

So then why are you here then, who made you the idividual that you are. Why are you different and unique from all the other humans that have ever walked the earth. Why are all the flowers and trees on earth unique? How can that be if life is so simple to exist?

Do you remember that man who tried to prove evolution. He took fruit flies and breed them over several billion generations. They never changed, or evolved, but you know what they all were different. Infinity to the max each fruit fly was different, had its own unique characteristics. Just as humans are not alike down to the fingerprint, animals aren't either. Explain that away.

If life is so simple, why is every flower and tree on earth different. If you find a watch in the middle of a feild you know somebody is a watch maker. If you find a planet earth in the middle of nowhere traveling in space at over 3,000,000 mph you know somebody had to have made us. Since we are way more complicated than a watch. Just your brain alone defies nature, there are more neuological connections in your brain than there are known stars in the universe!!!!

If there is not enough truth in the bible why does the earth insist on doing the exact opposite? If Christians and Jews are no threat to a rebellion why are they put to death, and we will be in the future to? Just for wanting to believe what the bible says?

If there is no God why don't you prove it and go and rebuild Babylon, God of Abraham and Issac said that city will never again be rebuilt. So its done, Sadaam Hussin tryed to rebuild it against the bible and God. Babylon is where all the evil in this earth has come from, spreading from King Nebacanezer/Babylon, to Egypt, Rome, and all of western civiliztion. "The eagle has landed."

For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silvers, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (I Corinthians 14:34-35)

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

This is what man is and what the world is set against, that is anything God wants.

I can give you many things you can not explain. If they do not fall within your definition of what you went to school for, you will not believe it. Evolutionists will ignore things that fall outside the 'theroy'. They dismiss things as fraud. How many people believed in evolution because of the human skull with the monkey jawbone? How many of those folks are happy? My man human beings went to the grave believing in somthing that was a proven fraud a hundred years later!!!! 400 years ago you learned men of the earth thought the earth was flat as a 13 year old girl. Guess what its round. They would kill for not believing otherwise.

Now 400 years later you have caused more questions than answers. Giving a being that much power is just too much power for you guys.

BTW your teachers wouldn't have the jobs they do if they believed any different from you. Your teachers cannot explain that there is an unlimited amount of human beings that can exist and unto infinity they would all be different(all with a different identity!!!), how did mother nature figure that out?

I can give you monkey to man, or pre-elephant to elephant. But I cannot give you woman also and I cannot give you what came before both species. So I assume a fish before the monkey. Who was before elephant, and how did a fish develope bird like skin and then learn how to fly. How can you explain how clouds float in the air, what makes them balance? If you have a garden and you don't tend to it what happens to the garden, or how does the garden keeper feel?

It is my personal belief that the men who instucted your instructors want nothing to do with God. And they want the whole of human beings to have nothing to do with God, it also promotes job security and books, magizens and the such to write to.

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  01:30:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
You seem to have forgotten your medication.

Take your pills (or what ever you use) and then try to write coherent.

There are a lot of people here that can help you when you are ready to formulate questions.

Take care,
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  01:52:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Greetings verlch, and welcome to SFN.

I'm not sure of what you're trying to say, so I'll simply address a single statement; the one about more questions than answers.

This is true. There are more questions, many more, than answers and as more answers are found, more questions arise to be addressed. That's the way science progresses and, I think, the reason why most scientists are so dedicated. They are insatably curious.

It would be nice to have it all laid out, sure and certain, but that has yet to happen and never will in our species' lifetime. But, we'll learn a goodish part of it.

Of course, there are some questions that may never be answered; 'what existed before the Big Bang (or the Creation, if you must)?', for example.

But we will never stop asking.

Edited to inquire; what is your problem with women that you are laying all of that old, bibical, semi-slavery booshwah on them?

And, Piltdown Man was suspect from the beginning, but it spent most of it's years locked away in the London Museum of Natural History and unexamined. And, I must remind: it was secular science and scientists that debunked it for a fraud, not any religious organization. I think Piltdown was one of the best April Fools jokes ever, and I wish I'd done it!

I'm pretty tired, now. I'll get back and give your statments better attention, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

DaveW would you kindly blow off the repeat post?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/31/2004 02:10:09
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  02:22:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

If life is so simple, why is every flower and tree on earth different. If you find a watch in the middle of a feild you know somebody is a watch maker. If you find a planet earth in the middle of nowhere traveling in space at over 3,000,000 mph you know somebody had to have made us.

Not at all. What about gravity?

quote:
Since we are way more complicated than a watch. Just your brain alone defies nature, there are more neuological connections in your brain than there are known stars in the universe!!!!

If our brains defied nature they wouldn't exist. Brains exist, therefor the existence of brains is possible.

quote:
If there is not enough truth in the bible why does the earth insist on doing the exact opposite? If Christians and Jews are no threat to a rebellion why are they put to death, and we will be in the future to? Just for wanting to believe what the bible says?

What rebellion is putting christians to death?

quote:

If there is no God why don't you prove it and go and rebuild Babylon, God of Abraham and Issac said that city will never again be rebuilt. So its done, Sadaam Hussin tryed to rebuild it against the bible and God. Babylon is where all the evil in this earth has come from, spreading from King Nebacanezer/Babylon, to Egypt, Rome, and all of western civiliztion. "The eagle has landed."

It's not up to me to prove there is no god, it's up to everyone who makes the claim that there is a god.. Also, you make very little sense in the above paragraph.

quote:
For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silvers, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (I Corinthians 14:34-35)

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

This is what man is and what the world is set against, that is anything God wants.

Yes, what a wonderful religion. If more civilized people knew what the Bible says about women, very few would be christian. Opression and inequality are things we're trying to move away from.

quote:
I can give you many things you can not explain. If they do not fall within your definition of what you went to school for, you will not believe it. Evolutionists will ignore things that fall outside the 'theroy'.

Such as...?

quote:
They dismiss things as fraud. How many people believed in evolution because of the human skull with the monkey jawbone? How many of those folks are happy? My man human beings went to the grave believing in somthing that was a proven fraud a hundred years later!!!! 400 years ago you learned men of the earth thought the earth was flat as a 13 year old girl. Guess what its round. They would kill for not believing otherwise.

For some reason I found the above statement a bit disturbing. But you're right about how much more we know now, than we did 400 years ago. The church stood in the way, blocking real science... as they try even today, promoting religion to be taught in science class!

quote:
It is my personal belief that the men who instucted your instructors want nothing to do with God. And they want the whole of human beings to have nothing to do with God, it also promotes job security and books, magizens and the such to write to.

God is a concept that have been invented and reinvented again and again throughout the history. What they always fail to explain is why god is necessary, and why that particular one?

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  04:45:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fossilized trees lived no longer than two thousand years. Millions of fossilized trees!!!! Creationists believe the earth was destroyed in a flood and covered in water, this is what explains all of the fossils everywhere. Fish gasping for air, backs broken and such.

you have absolutely no tangible evidence to back it up.

The 'Flood'?

I'm afraid that there is exactly zero, tangable evidence confirming a world-wide flood in the history of the earth. On the other hand, the evidence supporting an old earth and the Theory of Evolution are overwhelming. The 'Noachian Flood' has been demonstrated to have been impossible. Try these sites. They explain it and the ToE much better than I could:

http://www.talkorigins.org/

http://www.holysmoke.org/cretins/fludmath.htm

http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/crebunk2.htm

http://www.tenrec.org/fieldolson.htm

http://www.geocities.com/earthhistory/

And so forth.

Now, I'd like to ask for evidence that fossilized trees lived less the 2,000 years, remembering that there is a species of tree today known to to survive in excess of 4,500 years -- the Bristlecone Pine. Please cite the study and the organization or persons that produced these results, and the dating methods used.

And re: Piltdown; there were politics involved, as might be expected. The fraud was perpertrated at a time when marvelous hominid fossils were being discovered in Europe, but the English had uncovered none on their fair island. Otherwise sensible people jumped all over this skull, blathering to the world about missing links. Then, they locked it away.

Today, it is at last on display at the musuem with it's story -- it's a fairly old, human skull with a modern orangutan's jaw crafted to fit. The whole thing was then 'cured' to give it an authentic appearence. The only mystery remaining about it is, 'whodonit?', and that too, is an interesting story.

Edited for, hell, I dunno. Just 'edited'.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/31/2004 05:08:12
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  09:13:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
verlch wrote:
quote:
Fossilized trees lived no longer than two thousand years. Millions of fossilized trees!!!!
Welcome to the Skeptic Friends Network!

Of all the human remains we find, none of them appears to have lived more than 100 years or so. Therefore, the Earth was created sometime in the 16th century, AD.

Of all the fossilized insects we find, none have lived more than a few years. Therefore, the universe was created in 1990.

The above are two examples of the consequences of the "no fossilized tree lived longer than 2,000 years" argument. And they are both as incorrect as the tree argument, for obvious reasons.

It doesn't matter if trees don't live longer than 2,000 years (and, as has been pointed out already, some do). We know that many of them lived 45,000 years ago. And other trees millions of years before that.
quote:
Do you remember that man who tried to prove evolution. He took fruit flies and breed them over several billion generations.
If he could have bred a single generation in an hour (impossible for fruit flies), a billion generations would have taken no less than 114 thousand years. Your claim is simply wrong, especially if you think the Earth is no more than 6,008 years old.
quote:
Just your brain alone defies nature, there are more neuological connections in your brain than there are known stars in the universe!!!!
There may be up to 1015 synapses in the adult brain.

There are at least 8×1010 galaxies in the universe (probably many more), with about a billion stars each (on average, our own Milky Way has about a trillion stars). Multiply, and we get close to 1020 stars in the universe.

And so, by a conservative calculation, stars outnumber synapses by a factor of at least 100,000.
quote:
If there is no God why don't you prove it and go and rebuild Babylon, God of Abraham and Issac said that city will never again be rebuilt.
I give you Babylon, New York.
quote:
400 years ago you learned men of the earth thought the earth was flat as a 13 year old girl. Guess what its round. They would kill for not believing otherwise.
Yeah, the Church would kill you for not believing that the Earth is the center of the universe. The "learned men" were the ones being killed. (Actually, I'm not sure if anyone was actually put to death over that belief, but it's beyond doubt that the Church was in charge during the Dark Ages, and did all sorts of nasty things to people who didn't believe the right stuff.)

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  10:14:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Filthy:
And, Piltdown Man was suspect from the beginning, but it spent most of it's years locked away in the London Museum of Natural History and unexamined. And, I must remind: it was secular science and scientists that debunked it for a fraud, not any religious organization. I think Piltdown was one of the best April Fools jokes ever, and I wish I'd done it!

At the time of Piltdown, there was the notion that a big brain came first. That could probably be traced to a biblical bias that favors our differences with other animals rather than our similarities. Piltdown seemed to confirm that bias. Unfortunately for those who thought that way, it was a hoax. And, as Filthy pointed out, the hoax was discovered by scientists...

The Leaky family held that bias right through much of the twentieth century. Louis Leakey
was, after all, the son of a missionary. Anyhow, discovery's of fossil hominids has shown that many things, like bipedalism and morphologic changes came before the large brain did. Ironically, the Leakeys were instrumental in many of the discovery's that changed the view of a very early, big brained apeman. The Leakeys have changed their position because of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  12:05:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Edited to inquire; what is your problem with women that you are laying all of that old, bibical, semi-slavery booshwah on them?

Just a note to say, one needn't be religious to hate women. Case in point....Me. Many of them are nasty and rude. More often than not men are sweeter, more gentle, kind and loving and understanding, whereas women are harsh and mean and cruel.
Not that I'm defending anything else that Mr. Verlch is saying.
nlm

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  12:13:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.
the Church would kill you for not believing that the Earth is the center of the universe. The "learned men" were the ones being killed. (Actually, I'm not sure if anyone was actually put to death over that belief, but it's beyond doubt that the Church was in charge during the Dark Ages, and did all sorts of nasty things to people who didn't believe the right stuff.)

To think of all the knowledge that could have evolved further than what we know today if those men didn't have to hide what they knew. Galieo, was one of those who was afraid to publish. The church makes me mad!

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  14:08:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Woody D

quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.
the Church would kill you for not believing that the Earth is the center of the universe. The "learned men" were the ones being killed. (Actually, I'm not sure if anyone was actually put to death over that belief, but it's beyond doubt that the Church was in charge during the Dark Ages, and did all sorts of nasty things to people who didn't believe the right stuff.)

To think of all the knowledge that could have evolved further than what we know today if those men didn't have to hide what they knew. Galieo, was one of those who was afraid to publish. The church makes me mad!

The dark ages, about a thousand years without many significant scientific findings and results. A thousand years with the church dominating society. A thousand years wasted, countless of people killed and more oppressed. Let us never do *that* again.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  16:48:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
<Major snip>

I'm sorry, but you are almost 23 hours early for April Fool's Day.

But anyway, Welcome to Skeptic friends.

(Edit: Noticed that missed on the time.)
(Edit2: I can't spell either... 04:00 am)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 03/31/2004 19:57:39
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  17:57:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:

...Do you remember that man who tried to prove evolution. He took fruit flies and breed them over several billion generations. They never changed, or evolved, but you know what they all were different...I can give you many things you can not explain. If they do not fall within your definition of what you went to school for, you will not believe it. Evolutionists will ignore things that fall outside the 'theroy'. They dismiss things as fraud....It is my personal belief that the men who instucted your instructors want nothing to do with God. And they want the whole of human beings to have nothing to do with God, it also promotes job security and books, magizens and the such to write to.

The Theory of Evolution, like any good scientific theory, does not say, "There is no God." As with any other scientific theory, it actual has nothing to say about a God or no God. Just as with any other scientific theory, famous or obscure, that predicts results and is observable, and can be independently verified, need not address the existence or non-existence of a God. (For the same reasons that a theory about – for example: aerodynamics, have no reason to also address the existence of Popeye the Sailor or God, or spaghetti and meatballs. I know you don't get it but maybe someone else will.)

"Evolution," as well as the "Big Bang" theory in cosmology, are no threat to anyone: atheist, agnostic or devout theist who also has an open mind, because these theories are not about religious beliefs.

However, these particular theories are a threat to charlatans and psuedo-religious types who's actual agenda is control over a congregation or an individual "in the name of God" i.e. their own egos, sanctified by justifications within a "Holy Book" or other dogma, including the almighty dollar.

On the "Creationist" side, there is also Bible scholar Robert Tilton, summing up everything else in some curious sound files, which you can click on courtesy of the website: www.weirdcrap.com.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  18:55:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Neat site, Chip. Gave me a chuclke, it did.

I think we've been whacked by yet another drive-by, although it's a little early to be sure. What is it with these guys, anyway? They come in, do a rant&rave a time or two (often incoherently), then as soon as they're answered, they disappear as mysteriously as they arrived.

I refuse to accept that it's any sort of theisim that makes them crawfish so easily. Most if not all of the theists I know are perfectly willing to discuss head to head most any time, and often over a couple of beers. I think we're getting one of the many fringe elements who rant without really knowing much of what they're ranting about, and get caught with their figuritive pants around their ankles when the girl's old man comes in the room. Disconcerting, that.

Are they disappointed that we express skepticism and ask for supporting evidences, rather than humbly and blindly agreeing? Whaddahell, this is a skeptic site, and here there be skeptics. They must know that going in; it's right up there in the masthead.

Mayhaps I'm wrong about our new and possibly departed friend, verlch. I hope so, and hope he comes back (after cleaning up his grammer a bit) to continue the discussion.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  20:21:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
Verlch, honey, don't even be postin' the anti-woman bigoted archaic domagic Biblical crap disguised as righteousness when I'm around, mmmmmkaaaaaay? 'Cause then my evil twin, Snotty Sarcastic Renae might step in and post to you. She's not as nice as I am.

Just so you know, I submit to no one...except my tyrannical cat.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  20:32:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Yes, I am an idiot who can't leave well enough alone. Gimmie my stick so's I can flog hell out of this dead horse.

quote:
Do you remember that man who tried to prove evolution. He took fruit flies and breed them over several billion generations. They never changed, or evolved, but you know what they all were different. Infinity to the max each fruit fly was different, had its own unique characteristics. Just as humans are not alike down to the fingerprint, animals aren't either. Explain that away.

My brother, who is the smart one of the family, did the fruit fly experiment when he was in college -- it's a pretty standard assignment. He aquired a quanity of wingless fruit flys and seperated them into populations. I've forgotten how long it took, but after a while, the populations could no longer cross breed -- for all pratical purposes, this is speciation. Also, he bred them for different carectoristics -- different colored eyes, and so forth. He was not trying to prove evolution, merely demonstrating to his professors how it worked. And it takes far less than billions of generations.

The 'not alike' part is simple. All births, be they fruit flies, aardvarks, or Republicans, have some mutations, as do you and I. For the most part, these are pretty much neutral and result in no more than minor differences like fingerprints, if that. Sometimes, they are bad, and the individual might not survive long enough to pass them on. Some few others are to the individual's advantage, and are passed on to his/her prodgeny. If the mutation is advantageous enough, it will, in time, become imbedded in the population, and later into the species. Thus does evolution work, tiny steps along the road. Fruit flies are particularly favored to demonstrate this due to their rapid generation changes.

Science does not seek proof except in mathmatics and whiskey. Science merely gathers information; facts in support of a theory. The ToE is 'only' a theory, but it is a theory supported by an overwhelming amount of factual information. But it will never be proven, nor does it need to be. The Theory of Evolution has become the bedrock of all of the biological sciences.

Science is not concerned with the metaphysical. It neither embraces nor denies god(s). As supernatural entities are beyond the bounds of the natural world, science cannot experiment on them nor even acknowledge them. As soon as someone says, "God did it!" the discussion is over because there is no way to either back up the statment or shoot it down.

You ask us to prove thet there is no god(s). You are asking us to prove a negitive, and that can't be done. Rather, you should be putting forth your evidence and challenging us to refute it.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  21:53:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Regarding your thoughts about women...:

quote:

I got news for you...

|
|
V

|
|
V

(Edit: Sorry guys but I just couldn't resist. Gems like this...
I don't usually feel like I'm the going-for-the-throat kind of guy, but there are some things that just get the better of me. And I'm not going to apologize for being the way I am.)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 03/31/2004 21:58:13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds.