Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  08:01:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Indeed. He's so amusing. Our own pet fundie minion.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  10:16:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
What might make an interesting project for someone would be to researtch all of the threads that involved verlch and sort of condense the best parts of them into an essay. It would be a good read and an instruction upon how not to go after skeptics.

I'd do it, but I've been in the middle of the fray in virtually all of them and no longer have the heart to do research on anything verlch-like. Perhaps one of our regular lurkers might take it on.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ConsequentAtheist
SFN Regular

641 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  04:02:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ConsequentAtheist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

ConsequentAtheist wrote:
quote:
Does it really matter? Of course not.
Perhaps I should have dropped the "really."

[Shrug] In my experience, your one-word replies are usually intended to prompt other people to post more of whatever it was they'd posted, followed by more terse replies from you, eventually eliciting from you a pointed, topical explanation with much explanatory power and with which many of us will agree, after which the rest of us bang our heads on our keyboards thinking "why didn't CA just say that in the first place?"
Thanks (I think) - I'll try to be less terse in the future. In this case, however, my question was just a question spawned by idle curiosity.

For the philosophical naturalist, the rejection of supernaturalism is a case of "death by a thousand cuts." -- Barbara Forrest, Ph.D.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  11:33:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
Bin Pooping wants you to invade Iraq!!!!

http://www.savethemales.ca/251102.html

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  13:13:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
I'm guessing, verlch, you'll be voting Constitutional Party this November?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  15:07:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:

Hmmm, Is there such a thing? I'd rather not vote for an elitist if I didn't have to!!!

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  20:39:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

quote:

Hmmm, Is there such a thing? I'd rather not vote for an elitist if I didn't have to!!!

Verlch, you mean you haven't even bothered to see if there are other options? Check here to see some of the "major" third party candidates. Doubtless there are other even more fringe groups out there. You could find them with some saavy internet searching. Perhaps there's a Christian fundamentalist women-submissive party or something you could join. Hell, perhaps you could run for office as a member of the party!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  21:05:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Um, define 'elitist' please.

What is an elitist? For example, there are a great many folks who do herpetology, but I am one of the very few that study and work almost entirly with venomous. Does that make me an elitist?

Kerry and Bush are both wealthy. Why do you consider them elitist? Is it due to their wealth? And if you should become wealthy, would that make you an elitist?

Without a good definition, I think you might be merely mouthing a sound byte.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  21:58:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:

quote:

Um, define 'elitist' please.

What is an elitist? For example, there are a great many folks who do herpetology, but I am one of the very few that study and work almost entirly with venomous. Does that make me an elitist?

Kerry and Bush are both wealthy. Why do you consider them elitist? Is it due to their wealth? And if you should become wealthy, would that make you an elitist?

Without a good definition, I think you might be merely mouthing a sound byte.

Oh, I'm thinking about those powerful men in the world. Them and the groups they support are elitists and are bent on their own gain. They can control large groups of the human population by the flip of a switch!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  23:52:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
A website!!! I myself and I might have to go undercover and find the complete truth for myself, any of my bestest friends here willing to help my write a book!!!

http://www.cuttingedge.org/pages/seminar2/SEAL8.htm

Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  05:12:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
A website!!! I myself and I might have to go undercover and find the complete truth for myself, any of my bestest friends here willing to help my write a book!!!

http://www.cuttingedge.org/pages/seminar2/SEAL8.htm

Nice website. Maybe just a little paranoid, don't ya think?

quote:
The outer circle has many organizations which are striving mightily and cooperatively for the New World Order. They are:

Roman Catholic Church

Satanism (Active Worship of Satan)

Secret Society called "Rosicrucianism"

D & D (Dungeons and Dragons Role Playing Game)

(Note: This game system is the perfect instructional manual on practical

Satanism)

Satanic Sabbaths (Eight Holy Days per year, each of which requires human

sacrifice)

Hebrew Letters written between the English words are from the Jewish

secret society, The Cabala. They mean, "Witchcraft Today For As Much

Within Ancient Babylon". Translated, this means that the witchcraft being practiced today is the same as that practiced in Ancient Babylon. Further, this Hebraic message is printed backwards, in the ancient tradition of Satanism. The Jewish Cabala is the most influential of all secret societies in the drive to the New World Order, the Anti-Semitic emphasis notwithstanding.

If its printed backwards, it must be true!

quote:
The Two Seals of Our Doom (The Two Great Seals of the United States)

Masonic leaders on the European Continent believed they must found the

North American Continent as the New Atlantis. This New Atlantis would

lead the world into the New World Order. The United States was so critically important to the achievement of this goal that supernaturally- designed Great Seals were delivered to Thomas Jefferson to ensure that

America would progress according to the occult plan.

quote:
Notice the Hexagram on which Satan's altar is resting. Since this hexagram is surrounded by a circle, it becomes a Demon Trap, which we now know is THE most powerful tool possible to conjure up a demon so that he can be forced to do that which the Witch wants him to do. Thus, we have Satan represented at the top of this entire New World Order Plan (The All-Seeing Eye) and at the very inner core (The Demon Trap).

quote:
Stand by for some shocking insight.

Another beauty verlch. I have to ask (knowing full well that if you answer at all it will be with a ludicrous series of non-sequiters failing to even approach the question) why you choose to believe the incoherent rantings of delusional morons, yet refuse to even investigate actual scientific principles and discoveries.

As to the specifics of this website, can you provide any facts which support any of this?

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  05:50:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
You out verlich-ed yourself with that last link, v-man.

Since I worked on the edge of the rock and roll industry for a couple years, does that make me an instrument of Satan?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  07:04:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Oh, I'm thinking about those powerful men in the world. Them and the groups they support are elitists and are bent on their own gain. They can control large groups of the human population by the flip of a switch!

Ah, I see. But there is a small problem with this. If we should get rid of these elitists, by fair means or foul (I prefer foul, myself), who or what might take their place? A new crop of elitists, is it not so? We can be sure because thus it has been throughout the history of our species.

Here is a little something on the Illuminati:

quote:
The Illuminati was a secret society in Bavaria in the late 18th century. They had a political agenda that included republicanism and abolition of monarchies, which they tried to institute by means of "subterfuge, secrecy, and conspiracy," including the infiltration of other organizations."They fancied themselves to be "enlightened" but they had little success and were destroyed within fifteen years of their origin (Pipes 1997).

http://skepdic.com/illuminati.html

It goes on to cover the Illuminati conspiracy nonsense as we know it today.

quote:
In the paranoid mind, the Illuminati succeeded in their goals, and have now infiltrated every government and every aspect of society. They are responsible for every evil and every unjust act that ever occurs anywhere; the fact that absolutely no evidence of their existence can be found only serves to make them stronger and more frightening. They are the demon in the closet, and will probably never disappear from the paranoid fantasy world of right-wing conspiracy theorists.
--New England Skeptical Society

A brief but interesting read.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Indeterminacy

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  07:41:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Indeterminacy a Private Message
Hey everyone...

As a new poster, I have to say one of the main reasons I had to join SFN is because of verlch. On that note...

quote:
Originally posted by Renae

You out verlich-ed yourself with that last link, v-man.

Since I worked on the edge of the rock and roll industry for a couple years, does that make me an instrument of Satan?

I wonder what verlch thinks of the free jazz movement back in the 60s?

If I ask the question with the answer to the question I am after, will it dawn on me?
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  08:01:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
I say we petition the Skepdic to add an entry for: Verlch, to verlch, verlched, verlchian

First definition,
To respond to criticism of remarks by making an even more ridiculous statement, example: He pulled a verlch.

Ok next definition...

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.38 seconds.