New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  11:58:06  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
http://www.hebroots.com/babylon.html

The New Age is slowly coming upon us gentleman, be prepared to pick sides sooner than you think. If you already haven't picked sides!!!!!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:14:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

The New Age is slowly coming upon us gentleman, be prepared to pick sides sooner than you think. If you already haven't picked sides!!!!!

Unsupported assertation #156.

Yawn.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

satans_mom
Skeptic Friend

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:22:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send satans_mom an AOL message  Send satans_mom a Yahoo! Message Send satans_mom a Private Message
The day is nigh as has been for thousands of years.

Yo mama's so fat, she's on both sides of the family.

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:30:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

Unsupported assertation #156.

Yawn.

Well sounds like you've picked your side, 'mammon' it shall be.

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  14:23:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

I won't pick sides until I get to meet the team captains.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  15:40:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Lots of wishful thinking on the part of all those believers who can't wait to get even with all us non-believers.

Isn't revenge supposed to be a sin? God gets to have it but not you, Verlch.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  20:48:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Lots of wishful thinking on the part of all those believers who can't wait to get even with all us non-believers.

Isn't revenge supposed to be a sin? God gets to have it but not you, Verlch.

I'm not judging anyone, I'm just saying that either you pick God to follow, or the popular choice on this planet, mammon!!! God's kingdom will be here sooner than you think, birth pangs are already upon us!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  22:04:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Oh for cryin out loud..... now he's goin end-of-days on us?

If I have to pick sides, I pick the side of reason, knowledge, and clear thinking. That should put me firmly opposite of verlch.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  22:55:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I hate to ask, I could look it up or guess, what is mammon?
Go to Top of Page

Sintacks

4 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  22:59:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Sintacks a Private Message
The great whore spoken of in Revelation is basically Christianity as we know it today. It really speaks of the Catholic church, but it extends down through most Protestantism also.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  00:15:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sintacks

The great whore spoken of in Revelation is basically Christianity as we know it today. It really speaks of the Catholic church, but it extends down through most Protestantism also.

So... only Pentacostals and Southern Baptists are going to be Raptured?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  00:55:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

I didn't know either, but when I did a dictionary search it said:

Etymology: Late Latin mammona, from Greek mamOna, from Aramaic mAmOnA riches
: material wealth or possessions especially as having a debasing influence <you cannot serve God and mammon -- Matthew 6:24 (Revised Standard Version)>

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=mammon&x=0&y=0

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/18/2004 00:56:03
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  01:30:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I didn't know that Babylon is a great whore. Is she a greater whore than the triple-breasted Ecentrica Gallumbits, the best bang since the Big One?

If so, please give me her number.

Edited for early morning spellin.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/18/2004 01:38:05
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  06:21:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
'mammon' it shall be

Can I get a side of fries with that mammon? Ans hold the onions.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  14:25:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

Oh for cryin out loud..... now he's goin end-of-days on us?

If I have to pick sides, I pick the side of reason, knowledge, and clear thinking. That should put me firmly opposite of verlch.

Than you serve mammon and the devil.

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  14:27:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:

Man.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.79 seconds.