Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  03:50:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Thanks for the comments. I did a google to see who was talking about this thing. I haven't found anyone complaining that they've been taken yet. I see a lot of stuff on their web site claiming that people have retired, etc.

This Bryan Marsden who started it seems to have been a CEO of some engineering company. I bet he thought about this a long time.

I put $450 into the Jollypipster web site's "income simulator." Keeping that $450 in for two years, one would make in excess of $470,000. This is after paying over $500 in fees the first three months, and, if I understand correctly, over $200 a month thereafter. http://www.jollypipster.com/main.asp

If a thousand people were to invest $450, before the end of six years, they'd have to pay out more than the Gross World Product for 2003, without creating anything.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/xx.html

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 09/28/2004 03:51:54
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  04:05:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
A fool and his money.....
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  06:10:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hally8296

Hi, I think you guys should research what your talking about before trying to make investing in pureinvestor a fraudulant act. IT IS NOT A PYRIMID SCHEME OR A PONZI SCHEME! You do not have people under you and people under that thus making people at the "top" earn all the money. That is completely and utterly false information. You CAN sponser someone to sign up with you and get 10 a month from them. BUT YOU DO NOT GET $ if they then sign up people. Therefore as it doesnt flow down the chain from top to bottom it is NOT a pyrimid scheme.

Quote - Valiant Dancer: "It qualifies as a gift enterprize. (aka Ponzi scheme where investors are paid from subsequent investors"

Incorrect... "Subsequent" Investors do not pay you with their money. Pure investor invest your money as well as everyone else into various items such as real estate stocks bonds shares ect makes a profit then forwards it onto you. PUREINVESTOR PAYS YOU not other investors.

And precisely what holdings and investments does your company have? Please provide links to this information. Also, no company exists that is not interested in profit for themselves. How does your company make money? There is no such thing as a free lunch. In seven months, Gorgo's friend has made a virtual return of over 200%. This, in light of the poor outlook for the world economy is highly suspect.

quote:

Also you are saying that they are trying to "con" you into keeping more money in your account with the upside of making alot of money. WELL ISN"T THAT WHAT INVESTING IS ALL ABOUT. BIGGER INVESTMENT = BIGGER RETURN???

CHECK YOUR FACTS GUYS

HALLY

You are talking about an "account". Can you verify that these accounts actually exist independantly? Any boob can set up a website and rack up virtual profits while skimming cash off the top. Let an "investor" get a little skittish, and send a little cash their way. That'll shut em' up. According to Gorgo, his friend has put out $2,800. She's gotten back $1,710. And don't try to bullshit me with "accounts", "profits", or any other tripe. Show me the actual money, Ace.

I stand by my USC Title 18 concerns. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Given the secretive nature of your gift enterprize, it is likely that it is a fraud.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 09/28/2004 06:13:17
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  06:19:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
She put in $1400, has so far gotten back just under $800. She's withdrawn another $900 plus, but hasn't received it yet. It's in her debit account, which that company set up.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  06:47:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

She put in $1400, has so far gotten back just under $800. She's withdrawn another $900 plus, but hasn't received it yet. It's in her debit account, which that company set up.

Sorry, I added the two numbers together and also assumed that she had recieved the $950 check. I apologize for the error.

If it's a debit account, why can't she transfer funds electronically to the US? Does she recieve the debit account statements from the financial institution or from the scam artist..... I mean company?

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  07:35:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Lots of numbers, I wasn't sure if I wrote it wrong. The latest transfer is "pending," the last I heard. She put in for that transfer on the 20th.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  07:51:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
How much did you put in and how much have you pulled out?

quote:

Hi, I think you guys should research what your talking about before trying to make investing in pureinvestor a fraudulant act. IT IS NOT A PYRIMID SCHEME OR A PONZI SCHEME!

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  13:53:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

Lots of numbers, I wasn't sure if I wrote it wrong. The latest transfer is "pending," the last I heard. She put in for that transfer on the 20th.

A fool and his money......
Go to Top of Page

Hally8296

3 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  17:43:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hally8296 a Private Message
What I am defending is the legitimacy of the investment scheme. It is fully licenced and thus has to fully comply with a strict set of guidelines otherwise they will get shutdown. They have been running since may 03 dont you think if this was a scam and people were getting ripped off they would have shut it down by now??

I personally know friends (real friends not the internet kind) who have made money out of this. My friend aaron took his initial investment out ($450USD) and let the rest follow itself. it has no tripled in size and is free to withdraw any time he wants. There is a debit card facility where u can then transfer money from your main acc to that (to avoid major loss if card stolen and abused) it costs you $4USD per transaction to cover internation transfer fees. Aaron has been using this to supplement his income on a regular basis.

dodgy? Well it is licensed so i take it for granted. But if its making me money then all well and good. Because at the end of the day fellas. All it is $650 AUS (buys you 17 units) and after 2 months or so the units would return $650 anyways which will give you your money back.

You have to spend money to make money and all of my friends who have been in this have made money (physical money they have spent) so I took the gamble as well.
Go to Top of Page

Hally8296

3 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  18:09:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hally8296 a Private Message
I have invested the initial 450 USD. Which as i stated before buys me 17 units. I have only been in it for around a month in which I haven't made enough money to make withdrawing anything worth while...
So I myself have not made anything out of this investment. However I have personal friends that have.

Ofcourse their investment scheme is going to be secretive. That is just plain out logical. I am pretty sure if you asked any investor exactly what they invested in... they would not give you a straight answer. If they told everyone exactly what they are investing in. They would be out of business. There would be no need to invest with pureinvestor.

You can go ahead and believe me or not, its up to you. But as I said before its been running for over a year now. On no website has there been any posts of it being a "scam". I'm pretty sure if they were dodgy there would be at least one person angry enough to let everyone else know. But at the end of the day I've blown 600 bucks on alcohol in prob the last 3 months. So really you've got everything to gain and only 600 to lose. Your call...
Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  18:55:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
For heaven's sake. If pyramid schemes actually worked, we'd ALL do them and we'd ALL be rich.

Red flags:

1. It's on the Internet, land of the bullshitters

2. Secretiveness (usually bad)

3. You're sending money to MALAYSIA, for the love of Gawd

4. It claims to be revolutionary

I could go on.

If you want to invest, call an Edward Jones or other financial service office; they'll help you for virtually no money. Or do your own research and dump your money into a mutual fund or a good stock.

Hally, do you have a spare bridge in Brooklyn to sell us, too?
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  21:11:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Ofcourse their investment scheme is going to be secretive. That is just plain out logical.

Oh boy.....

Logical only from the perspective of tryng to rip somebody off. No legit investor service hides the details of what they do with your money from you, ever.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2004 :  22:42:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
But at the end of the day I've blown 600 bucks on alcohol in prob the last 3 months. So really you've got everything to gain and only 600 to lose.

Ok, send me $600 and I'll triple it in three weeks.....maybe. I can't promise anything. But you'd only drink that money anyway, what have you got to lose?

I can understand if you're wary. Any wise investor would be. In that case, send me $350.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/28/2004 22:44:30
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  03:24:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
It is licensed? What protection does having a license in Malaysia give you, do you think?

You friend has pulled money out in excess of what he invested? How much more, do you know?

I am curious. What kind of contract did you sign? Did you commit to paying something every month whether the account made money or not?

quote:

What I am defending is the legitimacy of the investment scheme. It is fully licenced and thus has to fully comply with a strict set of guidelines otherwise they will get shutdown.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  06:34:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

What I am defending is the legitimacy of the investment scheme. It is fully licenced and thus has to fully comply with a strict set of guidelines otherwise they will get shutdown. They have been running since may 03 dont you think if this was a scam and people were getting ripped off they would have shut it down by now??

Licenced by whom? Malyasia? There is a big difference between the laws for licensure in the US, Austrialia, and the UK than from poor third world nations.

The Nigerian 419 scam has been running for more than four years, what's your point? Length of the scam has nothing to do with legitamacy.

quote:

I personally know friends (real friends not the internet kind) who have made money out of this. My friend aaron took his initial investment out ($450USD) and let the rest follow itself. it has no tripled in size and is free to withdraw any time he wants. There is a debit card facility where u can then transfer money from your main acc to that (to avoid major loss if card stolen and abused) it costs you $4USD per transaction to cover internation transfer fees. Aaron has been using this to supplement his income on a regular basis.

dodgy? Well it is licensed so i take it for granted. But if its making me money then all well and good. Because at the end of the day fellas. All it is $650 AUS (buys you 17 units) and after 2 months or so the units would return $650 anyways which will give you your money back.

You have to spend money to make money and all of my friends who have been in this have made money (physical money they have spent) so I took the gamble as well.

But you have answered exactly zero of the questions I posted.

In the US, the holdings of an investment plan must be disclosed to the shareholders and are a matter of public record. It may not be secret.

The whole secretive nature of the plan sets off warning bells for me.

Gee, someone did get pissed off enough to complain about pureinvestor

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff31433.htm

Permit me to continue to be very wary of your claims. It still sounds like a Ponzi scheme and since you are only taking the word of the company for where the money comes from, it is still likely that it comes from other "investors".

It still has Title 18 problems.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.