Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  07:30:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Hally8296 wrote:
quote:
What I am defending is the legitimacy of the investment scheme.
A scheme which you, personally, have only been involved in "around a month." In other words, your defense is fairly transparently "wishful thinking" instead of solidly evidencial.
quote:
It is fully licenced and thus has to fully comply with a strict set of guidelines otherwise they will get shutdown.
Where is the information about the license, with which its status could be checked with the government? Where are the guidelines disclosed? Have you checked to make sure that the people running the scheme have a legitimate license?
quote:
They have been running since may 03 dont you think if this was a scam and people were getting ripped off they would have shut it down by now??
And Amway has been in business for more than 20 years, yet most of the people who join lose money. They're still in business, the government hasn't shut them down.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  10:56:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Well, Gorgo, I think Hally's comments have confirmed my initial impression. This is a definite scam.

Hally, the others have said it for me. Think about it. Everyone here is telling you it is a scam. You are probably fortunate you have only lost $450.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  09:41:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Okay. She's pulled out her original "investment" and over $300 on top of that.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  09:54:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Words mean little, we need proof and proper links which ligitimize what you have already claimed.

'I have never been fooled' just because I say it or even believe it, doesnt make it true.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  10:12:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Proof of what? Who cares if she pulled out a few bucks. That doesn't mean it's not a scam.

Or do you think it isn't a scam?

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  10:40:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Im implying she may be a liar, I dont know you or her and just saying I got money for nothing means jack and squat.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  10:52:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
It's immaterial. Pyramid schemes often do pay out to the top few. If they have a lot of people and they expect to sucker a lot more in, then she may have made a profit. She may not have. Who cares?

If I bring proof that she made money does that mean that this isn't a pyramid scheme? Your remarks are irrelevant.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 10/05/2004 10:52:50
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  11:12:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Sorry Gorgo, we're on the same page arguing font size...

My remarks should be directed to the claimant.

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  13:00:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Sorry, I could have worded all that a little differently, didn't mean to be rude. I was just updating what her claims are, nothing more. I really don't doubt that she did get some kind of profit, although she did pay for transfer fees and that sort of thing out of that profit. Just because she got a profit does not mean that it's not a scam. It might just mean that she's at the top level and they have a lot of people "investing."

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  13:02:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
I should also say that another friend just got involved in it to the tune of about $1000 despite my arguments.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  13:36:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

I should also say that another friend just got involved in it to the tune of about $1000 despite my arguments.

Thus it has always been; thus it shall always be. It is part of the price of sapience, I think.

Perhaps a hearty smack up 'side the head with a shovel........ naw. History telle us that even that even a concussion would scarcly temper the lust for free money.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  08:56:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

If it's a friend worth your time, you might see if you can get a response to what the local police fraud department has to say about it.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  09:02:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
There are a mountain of internet resources on fraud. Try these for starters.

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
http://www.fraud.org/
http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/cyberfraud.htm
Go to Top of Page

adhimas

4 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  13:44:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send adhimas a Yahoo! Message Send adhimas a Private Message
Some facts:

• PI have an MLM product. However, PI has been stop receiving new members for the MLM product. Checkout yourself by clicking regular membership link on their website http://www.pureinvestor.com. I don't know how about their last downlines.

• PIPS is another product of PI. It has run for at least 11 months. PIPS only give commissions to members and their direct sponsor (not a pyramid scheme)

• Some member websites still offering the old PI MLM product and some of them offering free 3 or 5 downlines which is never be a recommended way by PI.

• PureInvestor is a real company where you can visit their offices anytime in working hours. They held conventions everywhere around the world and their members meet them. Found in May (or March) 2002.

• Here are some review from a HYIP listing website: http://www.hyipinvestment.com

• You can find more info about them on their FAQ forum (where they are, how to contact them, where the money come from, etc.) http://forum.pureinvestor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13291

• How can the return so high? Here is the scenario: initial investment -> daily profits spread between admin fee, daily required reinvestment, daily optional reinvestment, daily optional withdawal, and charity (after 5th months.) You can vary (each day) how much do you want to put for optional reinvestment and how much for optional withdrawal. Where the daily profits come from? Read the FAQs.

I am not a member of PI, but planning to. I have done my research.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  13:58:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Charity!

Pray tell how one makes money by giving charity.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds.