Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  23:58:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Jesus Christ. You're as dumb as we think. First, you blab that the Constitution is based on some dip shit Exodus passage. Then, when we prove you wrong, you go on-- in typical verlch fashion-- blabbing about whateverthefuck dumb idea strikes you next. Why not-- and I know this is a crazy suggestion-- defend one of your lame fucking ideas for once, rather than skip to the lastest new cheap shit argument?
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  00:08:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Jesus Christ. You're as dumb as we think. First, you blab that the Constitution is based on some dip shit Exodus passage. Then, when we prove you wrong, you go on-- in typical verlch fashion-- blabbing about whateverthefuck dumb idea strikes you next. Why not-- and I know this is a crazy suggestion-- defend one of your lame fucking ideas for once, rather than skip to the lastest new cheap shit argument?

I am a witness to what these men said, end of story. Then that lady speaks of what she says of which I am a second hand witness only to her words. Other than meeting with the devil himself, what do you bid me to do? I love how you will buy into evolution and shoot to dust most of the things I speak of. Science in this world has an agenda, that is to advertise what they believe. I as a man, and endowed with certain rights by my creator, can advertise what I believe.

I believe in God.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  06:05:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Actually science is about presenting reality, whatever it may be, changing with new information. Your goals present one unchangable argument however absurd and stick with it.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  06:24:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

Oh no. Not the Illuminati deal again. What people have against Freemasons? What have they done to you?

Look I have met two ex masons with keys to the temple in Sandy Or. I spoke with both of them and they can verify that the freemasons are a lower order of the Illuminati. They called the Illuminati the 'King Makers.' That is from the horses mouth.

This lady said this. She first hand witnessed this!

http://www.savethemales.ca/141002.html

Most "ex-masons" have an agenda to bring down the organization when they are discouraged from attempting to prostelyze other members. They then re-hash the Illuminati myth.

Sorry, but my experiences with Freemasonry are vastly different than yours. But then again, I don't travel in fundie circles. They feel they have to invent Satanic Ritual abuse stories and evil Freemasonry/Illuminati stories. When one reads their full "testimonials", a pattern of them feeling slighted because they were discouraged from prostelyzation and resisted when the member demanded that the ritual be changed to honor their particular fundamentalist sub-sect of Christianity.

The woman's story is likewise suspect.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  06:32:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
I believe in God.

And that's neat and all, but it still doesn't do much to back up your assertions. You can't say that the Constitution is based on the Ten Commandments, and then, when asked to back it up, note that you believe in whatever god it is you believe in.

Why not just say "You know what? I posted something that was not correct. The Constituion isn't based on the Ten Commandments. However, I still think they should be put up in courtrooms because of X..."?

Better than cowardly hiding behind a dumb profession of faith.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  06:41:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

quote:
I believe in God.

And that's neat and all, but it still doesn't do much to back up your assertions. You can't say that the Constitution is based on the Ten Commandments, and then, when asked to back it up, note that you believe in whatever god it is you believe in.

Why not just say "You know what? I posted something that was not correct. The Constituion isn't based on the Ten Commandments. However, I still think they should be put up in courtrooms because of X..."?

I believe his profession of faith was in response to the "evil Freemasons", not the 10 Commandments. He brought up the Declaration of Independance mention of a Creator for that one. Even though the two documents are independant works in and of themselves.

And since he was getting his ass handed to him on a platter on that subject, he changed the subject. Typical verlch tactic, there.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  21:18:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
The guy is some kind of drug addict, or has serious mental problems.... or both.

It's the only thing I can think of that explains him. Either delusional or chemically altered.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  08:10:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
My uncle was a Freemason. I didn't know him (he died before I was born) but my mother says that he was the only to never have financial problems and the only to have a stable, loved family, never divorced and loved his wife (and was likewise loved by her) dearly. He was loved, respected, his sons grew and are well-headed in life, with their own likewise stable and happy families.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  22:12:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:

quote:
I believe in God.

'

Faith? Nobody is throwing Darwin and his monkies uncle out of courts? Why? When more faith is needed in Evolution that my faith. Tithe is proof of Gods love for you. Tithe to the needy, or Gods causes and tell me there is no reward for you. Steal and tell me that nothing is taken from you. You are a foolish and you build your house on the sand. Test my words human.

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  23:56:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
verlch wrote:
quote:
When more faith is needed in Evolution that my faith.
For you, perhaps.

I don't "believe in" evolution at all. I understand it.

I also understand that scientists have many reasons to disagree about evolution, but do not. And that Christians have many reasons to agree about the Bible, but do not.

So, rather than pay attention to two billion people who can't agree about God, I'll learn from the millions who agree about science.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  00:08:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

verlch wrote:
quote:
When more faith is needed in Evolution that my faith.
For you, perhaps.

I don't "believe in" evolution at all. I understand it.

I also understand that scientists have many reasons to disagree about evolution, but do not. And that Christians have many reasons to agree about the Bible, but do not.

So, rather than pay attention to two billion people who can't agree about God, I'll learn from the millions who agree about science.

Suit yourself, seems as though, where there is truth the Devil is creating chaos, where there is false hood, nobody seems to care to make chaos out of falsehood.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  00:44:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
verlch wrote:
quote:
Suit yourself, seems as though, where there is truth the Devil is creating chaos, where there is false hood, nobody seems to care to make chaos out of falsehood.
Okay, so you're saying that the Devil is making chaos out of Christianity. Well, to stay away from Satan, then, I should stay away from Christianity. Cool! I'm safe. Thanks.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  03:14:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Speaking personally, I have no more faith in evolution than I do in some invisable, meglomaniac in the sky.

However, from the observable and tested evidence, I can accept evolution as an explanation for certain biological process'. I'll accept the meglomaniac when the observable evidence for the existance of such is as strong. Thus far, I don't see it happening.

But do tell me O verlch; what is faith? If I have sufficent of it, can I walk on water; get nutrition from a piece of asphalt?

Or is faith merely a cripple following a blind leader?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds.