Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  09:47:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Maybe ccdi9 is actually ice-9. Could be the Biological Creationist is mixing up Vonnegut with one of her biology text books.

If she has a masters in biology and doesn't accept evolution - anything is possible.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  11:08:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Maverick wrote:
quote:
...and the morons that participate on that forum are all jokes.
Well, except for Ricky and Peptide.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  11:55:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Maverick wrote:
quote:

Well, obviously :) But non-creationist views don't seem to be terribly popular over there. Lots of deleted threads.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  14:14:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Lots of deleted threads

tk deletes anything that doesn't agree with his own little twisted worldview.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  14:30:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
CDC19 is a yeast gene.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  15:45:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Maverick wrote:
quote:

Aren't you forgetting someone, huh? HUH?
(Ofcourse, my post was first secretly edited by a moderator, then finally removed)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  15:53:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

CDC19 is a yeast gene.

However, none of the 37 articles that pubmed returns on "cdc19" as a query seems to be relevant to a "a biomechanic mechanism that totally would prevent gradualistic evolution".

Also, we don't know if CDC19 is actually the mysterious ccdi9 that tksgurl was referring to.

Incidentally, the gene products primary accession number is P40377 and its SWISSPROT entryname is MCM2_SCHPO, for those who wish to examine this gene further.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  21:23:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Well, ccdi9 returns nothing on any search engine or academic database I have access to. So it's either made up, mispelled, a mistake, or unpublished.

So who knows? I tend to think she's just full of crap.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  23:24:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
quote:

Seconded ;)

Miss Tick sniffed. 'You could say this piece of advice is pricesless', she said. 'Are you listening?'
'Yes' said Tiffany.
'Good now...If you trust in yourself.."
'Yes..?'
'..and believe in your dreams...'
'yes?'
'...and follow your star..' Miss Tick went on.
'Yes?'
'You'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye.'
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  23:40:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Plyss

quote:

Seconded ;)

Indeed...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  08:25:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Dude, check out what kevkev was saying about ccdi9 in a post I wrote in this SFN thread.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  19:20:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
kevkev isn't saying anything about ccdi9. You have it Dave_W when you said what he presented is something akin to 3+4=7, therefore evolution is refuted.

Without a specific context and definition the whole "coding sequence" thing is meaningless.

They need to specify if "ccdi9" is a gene, a protien, an RNA sequence, or whatever. Then they need to identify the exact biochemical role, explained in relation to whatever metabolic (or cellular function) pathway it is involved in.

If it's some sort of "rule" as one of them hinted at, they need to provide a detailed (or link to it atleast) explanation and descrition of the "rule".

And then, they need to cite some published work that describes "ccdi9".

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  20:19:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Mmmmm. Subtlety isn't my strong point. I was trying to hint that you discuss ccdi9, Dude, in the other thread, to try to keep the posts more "together." No big deal, though.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  22:02:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
bah.... so just move my posts :) I don't mind.

But yeah, I agree that the ccdi9 topic is getting spread out. Shoot, it might be worthy of it's own thread....

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.