Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  23:44:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
We did the flying saucer one as kids but I don't think we fooled anyone. We used tin foil and Drano mixed in a coke bottle. It makes hydrogen gas. We used it to fill balloons. One we filled and tied a long string to the balloon and lit it and sent it up. Then we ran following it. But I think the folks that saw us figured it was our doing.

A couple years ago for Halloween, (yes there is still a kid in me), I put a bunch of Blair Witch stick people in our woods, (big city park forest). They're way up in the trees. I'm not sure if I should give away the secret to getting them up there. So far, no one has noticed that I know of. I have added many. A few have fallen but I either took them away or put them back up. They are still there though now they are in a single area instead of all over.

I want to make crop circles one day in the field by the botanical garden. It wouldn't destroy any crops because it would just be in tall grass in a field.

And I've also thought of putting a fake crime scene in the woods for Halloween. It's been hard to get police tape, the kind that says, "crime scene, do not cross". I have only found something close but it says Dilbert or something like that on it. I want the scene to look real.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 10/14/2004 23:45:23
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  23:46:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
Here's an idea. Instead of just one person pulling the "image of religous figure" prank, heaps of us should do it, at the same date and time on a property in our own possessions. The media will spread the news of this irrefutable message from God and masses of devouts will travel to see these marvles. We can then charge these people huge amounts of money and we will all be rich as trolls. We can then afford to buy anything we want - luxury cars, mansions, Microsoft, Canada - World domination. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  00:27:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

Here's an idea. Instead of just one person pulling the "image of religous figure" prank, heaps of us should do it, at the same date and time on a property in our own possessions. The media will spread the news of this irrefutable message from God and masses of devouts will travel to see these marvles. We can then charge these people huge amounts of money and we will all be rich as trolls. We can then afford to buy anything we want - luxury cars, mansions, Microsoft, Canada - World domination. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hahah rofl! Best idea evah. We should do all 12 apostles at locations arranged across the continent at the points of over-lapping Stars of David. I call dibs on Judas.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 10/15/2004 00:28:31
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  07:35:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

OMG, LETS!!!! I want to own Siberia and live up to my cyber-name, hehe.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Stargirl
Skeptic Friend

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  11:27:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Stargirl a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

... I've also thought of putting a fake crime scene in the woods for Halloween. It's been hard to get police tape, the kind that says, "crime scene, do not cross". I have only found something close but it says Dilbert or something like that on it. I want the scene to look real.

You want CRIME SCENE TAPE, you want HAZ MAT TAPE, you want POLICE LINE TAPE, you want weird and funky stuff?

American Science and Suplus has it all at reasonable prices.

This is a great place I go to their Chicago store at least a half dozen times a year.

And they always have things I didn't even know I needed.

They also have a catalog.

Enjoy.

edited to fix link

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him - Voltaire
Edited by - Stargirl on 10/15/2004 11:35:08
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  12:01:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
And on a related matter:

quote:
Sunday Halloween Irks Some in Bible Belt

Oct 15, 2:19 PM (ET)

By KRISTEN WYATT

NEWNAN, Ga. (AP) - Across the Bible Belt this Halloween, some little ghosts and goblins might get shooed away by the neighbors - and some youngsters will not be allowed to go trick-or-treating at all - because the holiday falls on a Sunday this year.

"It's a day for the good Lord, not for the devil," said Barbara Braswell, who plans to send her 4-year-old granddaughter Maliyah out trick-or-treating in a princess costume on Saturday instead.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041015/D85O199O4.html

Some folks would bitch even if you hanged them with a broken rope.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  13:03:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Stargirl

quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

... I've also thought of putting a fake crime scene in the woods for Halloween. It's been hard to get police tape, the kind that says, "crime scene, do not cross". I have only found something close but it says Dilbert or something like that on it. I want the scene to look real.

You want CRIME SCENE TAPE, you want HAZ MAT TAPE, you want POLICE LINE TAPE, you want weird and funky stuff?

American Science and Suplus has it all at reasonable prices.

This is a great place I go to their Chicago store at least a half dozen times a year.

And they always have things I didn't even know I needed.

They also have a catalog.

Enjoy.

edited to fix link

Thanks, The shipping is a bit high for a $4. item but I may just buy it anyway. I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  13:06:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I want in on the Jesus face in the tortilla like scam. I'll take any apostle since they are mostly the same.

We really should do some sort of multiple person scam. It would be great. Except someone like Verlch would probably give us away on it.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  13:17:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
... and except here in Brazil Halloween's not a tradition, but see if I care.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.