Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  20:58:22  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
There is a lot of evidence that show that Mr. R is a fraud .

Do you want details?

p.S Sorry for my english.

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  21:04:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

Do you want details?

Yes, if you plan on making that allegation, all the details you can muster. Only proof please, not rumors started by those who either have a vendetta against the man or those who profit from the credulous.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  21:05:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Go for it...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  22:07:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
You know what they say about extraordinary claims...

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  23:21:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
What is the "new skepticism", and what makes you it's father?

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  01:27:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
There have been a few stories on the web about how Randi refused to test several of the more absurd claims that get thrown his way. I'm assuming for now this is what latinjral is referring to.

Miss Tick sniffed. 'You could say this piece of advice is pricesless', she said. 'Are you listening?'
'Yes' said Tiffany.
'Good now...If you trust in yourself.."
'Yes..?'
'..and believe in your dreams...'
'yes?'
'...and follow your star..' Miss Tick went on.
'Yes?'
'You'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye.'
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  03:40:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I've read a few things here & there about fudging the results of tests, doubts about the money and so forth, but all were pretty vauge and none were supported. They read like the 'sour grapes' stories of the sort that follow 'most any, well-known person around. None were worth discussion.

Welcome latinijral, to SFN! Your English seems just fine to me; one hell of a lot better than my Spanish, certainly.

Edited for half-awake typisms. There is not enough coffee in the whole, freakin' world.......

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 11/19/2004 03:48:54
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  07:11:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

Do you want details?

Greetings, latinijral. Your English is just fine.

Please provide said evidence that James Randi is a fraud. Also, keep in mind we will probably try to independantly verify this so sources may be asked of you.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  15:25:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Anyone here know Mexican Spanish? (I just had to throw in a Bush joke there)

http://groups.msn.com/SkepticsForumIsJamesRandialiar

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 11/19/2004 15:26:15
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  20:10:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
This JREF thread may answer many questions.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  12:55:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Welcome latinijral!

quote:

Do you want details?

You're english is fine, but so far your "evidence" leaves a lot to be desired!

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  13:34:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Ahhhhhhh, this guy is never coming back....

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  14:15:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Jumping the gun a bit Kil? It's only been two days. I'd give him at least a week.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  21:34:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
This two-year-old JREF thread may answer even more questions.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  23:22:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

This two-year-old JREF thread may answer even more questions.

Funny and enlightening read, Dave! The rhetorical question which made me burst out laughing was "YOU SAID: A BIRD COULD CERTAINLY BE THE CULPRIT. WHAT KIND OF BIRD? A PARANORMAL BIRD?"

I give Randi a ton of credit for volunteering to deal with such people.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 11/20/2004 23:24:48
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  12:58:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
Hello friends, specially to the people told me "welcome", also to Kil--aka-skeptoid.

About the desperate of some Randi´s fans, here you can read details of some double speech of this guys, about Randi´s thread on the JREF forum it is not clear because they delete soem accounts with the porpose of confused people with some sockpuppets.

http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=751&start=0

The goal of this thread is not to talk about "the paranormal bird" of the "paranormals answers of Randi, Harter or Kramer". It is to inform you how Mr. R gave $ 5000,oo of donations to a stripper called Moefox.
Amazing.-.....finally Randi don´t know who is Moefox???
http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1022&start=0
http://forum.skepticpie.com/viewtopic.php?t=406

Read all and met Randisfans.

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.