Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  13:15:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
Do you mind if I don't have the faintest idea what your blathering about?

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Baza

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  13:28:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Baza a Private Message
Is it me but I too cannot understand what is supposed to be alledged here?

Baza
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  13:50:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I don't know who/what Mofox is, either, nor Randi's relationship to him/her/it.

Also, I don't understand the deal concerning the $5,000. Was it embezzaled, or what?

What you have presented is a series of forum conversations. This sort of thing is not confirmation of fraudulent behavior on Randi's part. It only confirms that lots of people have opinions, one way or another, including an excitable fellow who seems to be pissed because Randi didn't test his claim. Virtually all of the posts are unsupported statments.

I'm sorry, but this does not support your claim that Randi or anyone else is a fraud.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  21:01:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
I think he's alleging that Randi spent 5k on a hooker in Vegas. Good for him, I say. I hope it was money well spent.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  22:20:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
What latinijral presented was two forum conversations with a total of 46 friggin' pages between them. That he expects people to read that much, instead of just presenting his best evidence of Randi's alleged fraud, is a symptom of something.

I did manage four pages. It seems that latinijral heard a rumor that a JREF forums moderator (who's a girlfriend of either Penn and/or Teller, who were involved in Randi's The Amazing Meeting 2) got a $5,000 scholarship from the JREF. Others say that said scholarship has been "discussed to death" in the JREF forums. They also seemed to feel that the best way to deal with latinijral was to ignore him and hijack his threads.

Don't know what else to say, except to agree that no evidence has yet been presented of any alleged fraud.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  23:33:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
(I should not that I didn't get much past the first page of either of those threads latini linked to....)

Even if he did spend $5k on a stripper or hooker.... so what?

I've slipped the $$ into the silky-lace goodness that is a stripper's thong a few times, but that doesn't somehow translate into me being a fraud.... does it? And what about lap-dances? Oh man.... if that makes me a fraud, I gues I'm just finished then. Better resign my membership at SFN!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  23:46:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude
I've slipped the $$ into the silky-lace goodness that is a stripper's thong a few times, but that doesn't somehow translate into me being a fraud.... does it? And what about lap-dances? Oh man.... if that makes me a fraud, I gues I'm just finished then. Better resign my membership at SFN!

As far as I'm concerned, what happens in Amsterdam stays in Amsterdam.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  03:33:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
They say those Vegas hookers can polish a knob 'till it shines like a brass eagle. Alas, I'm too broke to go there and verify the claim.

I got through several pages of the threads, then only scanned the rest. Pretty much a typical forum, it looked like to me.

What latinijral fails to understand, I think, is that it is all mere conversation among people we've never heard of and who might or might not be reliable. He also doesn't realize that here, if one of the regulars were to make such a claim as his, he/she'd get called on it instantly and would need emperical evidence to back it up or face ridicule. I'd give new guys a little slack, at least early on. Let them get their acts together.

As for his not being popular over there, well, that's there and this is over here. His behavior here is what counts.

So, latinijral, I assume that your claim still stands. What proofs can you present that are documented? While I've read some rumors, I've yet to see anything that demonstrates that Randi is anything but what he appears to be. If you can come up with something solid, it will be worth investigating further.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 11/22/2004 03:42:18
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  06:46:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
So paying for a stripper's services makes one a fraud... right. Does that apply for male strippers, too?
I just hope Moefox or whomever was worth the cash... if there was any cash exchange, mind you.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  07:48:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

Hello friends, specially to the people told me "welcome", also to Kil--aka-skeptoid.

About the desperate of some Randiīs fans, here you can read details of some double speech of this guys, about Randiīs thread on the JREF forum it is not clear because they delete soem accounts with the porpose of confused people with some sockpuppets.

http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=751&start=0

The goal of this thread is not to talk about "the paranormal bird" of the "paranormals answers of Randi, Harter or Kramer". It is to inform you how Mr. R gave $ 5000,oo of donations to a stripper called Moefox.
Amazing.-.....finally Randi donīt know who is Moefox???
http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1022&start=0
http://forum.skepticpie.com/viewtopic.php?t=406

Read all and met Randisfans.

Ok, when you can tell me how contracting the services of an adult entertainment professional has anything to do with the methodology of testing paranormal claims, you might have a point.

I said the same thing about how a hummer in the White House having anything to do with a land deal in Arkansas.

Heck, I went to the Admiral here in Chicago and met the younger sister of a high school classmate (haven't been back since, the world got way too small for my comfort). While there, I got a few private dances. Does this make me a fraud, or merely interested in seeing pretty naked women gyrating for my purile entertainment?

Since James Randi has devoted decades to exposing frauds and fake sources of paranormal activity, his methodology is open to inspection and scientifically sound, I find that him giving five thousand dollars to an adult entertainment professional to be completely unrelated to his activities as an investigator.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  04:21:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I don't understand any of this. Anyone care to dumb it down for me? Nevermind. Somehow in my sleepy gaze last night I missed the above posts.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 11/25/2004 14:29:30
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  15:06:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
What came before the stuff in the above posts, beskeptigal, is that latinijral is a friend of a person named Carlos who sent in an application for Randi's million bucks based upon seeing an unidentified something in a video clip from the 9/11 WTC towers attack. Of course, such a thing is inelligible for the million bucks, but nevermind that. The problem appears to be that some communications got cross-wired, and Carlos now (and for the last two years) feels betrayed by Randi (a person Carlos had looked up to). His buddy latinijral seems to be helping Carlos vent his rage all over the Internet.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  22:23:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
quote:
What came before the stuff in the above posts, beskeptigal, is that latinijral is a friend of a person named Carlos who sent in an application for Randi's million bucks based upon seeing an unidentified something in a video clip from the 9/11 WTC towers attack. Of course, such a thing is inelligible for the million bucks, but nevermind that. The problem appears to be that some communications got cross-wired, and Carlos now (and for the last two years) feels betrayed by Randi (a person Carlos had looked up to). His buddy latinijral seems to be helping Carlos vent his rage all over the Internet.

That's all I see. Odd and confusing accusations that are just obvious attempts to smear Randi's good name. I don't think anyone is fooled by this.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  07:53:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
So paying for a stripper's services makes one a fraud... right. Does that apply for male strippers, too?
I just hope Moefox or whomever was worth the cash... if there was any cash exchange, mind you.

Point of order:

Moefox is a special "friend" of Penn & Teller.

She is aparently an "ugly" young lady, but she really publish her original and naked picture on a private forum called "renata munu forum of skeptics" where everybody can see her.

Everybody knows that Mr. R is old and single...mmmmmm..but JREF gave to Pennīs friend $ 5000 for her special contribution to the skepticism.

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  08:01:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message

The moron with Moefox is Lt. Col. Hal Bidlack, ex-JREF director.

His son also "won" an special schollarship on last TAM.

For the record: Bidlack is a prayer and a believer. Randi confirmed it on a week commentary. Now, Bidlack is out.

Hey guys....look first where your money is going.

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.