New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  23:16:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
Perhaps I was misinformed on the amount dead, I was told that was the truth and I beleived it! I know they left alot of Arabs smoldering in the sands in all of their wars!!!!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  05:40:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
From Rook Hawkins, prophecies that have NOT been fufilled:

quote:
Generally speaking, prophetic failures can be grouped into three separate categories: Those which were fulfilled in a manner different from that promised, those which have never occurred, and New Testament references to Old Testament prophecies that don't exist.

Then there are the Messianic Propheces...those applied to Jesus. A breakdown of these as well will show not only do they not apply to Jesus, but some don't even apply to people, but events of the [color=red]PAST[/color].

I'll start off wth several prophecies that are worthy of note:

[*]In Jonah 3:4 (RSV) Jonah cried, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!" But Jonah 3:10 shows that the prophecy materialized in a manner precisely opposite to that which was predicted. It states: When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God repented of the evil which he said he would do them, and he did not do it." It is no defense to say that they turned from their evil ways and, therefore, God was justified in changing his mind, i.e., the conditions under which Jonah had made his prophecy had changed. If he had been a true prophet, he would have seen this change coming. Even more important, the prophecy was not conditional. He flatly stated Nineveh would be overthrown in 40 days, which didn't occur.

[*]Isaiah says: "...put on thy garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean." Yet, the uncircumcised have never stopped traveling through Jerusalem.

[*]In John 14:12 Jesus says: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth in me, the works that I do shall he also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." But what believer has ever done a miracle greater than those preformed by Jesus?

[*]In John 14:13-14 Jesus stated: "And whatsoever ye ask in my name I do, that the Father may be glorified in the son. If ye ask any thing in my name, I will do it." In reality, millions of people have made millions of requests in Jesus' name and failed to receive satisfaction. This promise or prophecy has failed completely.

[*]In 2 Chron. 1:7, 12 God said the following to Solomon: "Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee: and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like." This prophecy has also proved to be erroneous. There were several kings in his day, and thousands since, that could have thrown away the value of Palestine without missing the amount. The wealth of Solomon has been exceeded by many, and is small by today's standards.

[*]In 1 Thess. 4:16-17 Paul stated: "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord." Paul shared the delusion, taught by Jesus, in that he expected to be snatched up bodily into heaven with other saints then living, who would, thus, never taste death. The use of "we" clearly proves as much. It is difficult to deny that Paul was certain that the end of the world was coming in the lifetime of his contemporaries.

[*]First Samuel 27:1 says: "And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Sual:..." Whether stated in or out of his heart David erred decisively. He did not die by the hand of Saul as he predicted, but appears to have died of old age, according to 1 Kings 2:10, which says: "So David slept with his fathers and was buried in the city of David." Having died before David, Saul couldn't have been responsible.

[*]Gen. 15:16 predicted that: "In the fourth generation they (Abraham's descendants-ed) shall come hither again..." God told Abraham that his descendants would return in the fourth generation. Yet, if Abraham is excluded, it actually occurred during the sixth generation. The generations were
      [*](1) Abraham,
      [*](2) Issac,
      [*](3) Levi-Ex. 1:3,
      [*](4) Kohath-Ex. 6:16,
      [*](5) Amram-Ex. 6:18, and
      [*](6) Moses-Ex. 6:20.

[*]Jer. 34:4-5 predicted that Zedekiah would experience a peaceful death: "Yet hear the word of the Lord, O Zedekiah king of Judah; Thus saith the Lord of thee, Thou shalt not die by the sword: But thou shall die in peace...." Yet Jer. 52:10-11 shows that he died in something less than a peaceful manner: "And the king of Babylon slew the sons of Zedekaih before his eyes: he slew also the princes of Judah in Riblah. Then he put out the eyes of Zedekiah; and the king of Babylon bound him in chains, and carried him to Babylon, and put him in prison till the day of his death."

[*]John 7:52 says: "They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet." The inaccuracy of this prophecy lies in the fact that several of the most distinguished Jewish prophets--Jonah, Nahum, Hosea, Elijah--were from Galilee.

Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  05:42:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
Continued ...

quote:
    [*]NT References to Non-Existent OT Prophecies

[*](1) "As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, `Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way' (Mark 1:2 RSV)." There is no such prophecy in Isaiah.
      [*](2) "And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, `He shall be called a Nazarene (Matt. 2:23)." As was noted on page 3 of the 3rd Issue, "He shall be called a Nazarene does not exist in the OT. There is no such prophecy." Judges 13:5 ("For, lo, thou shalt conceive and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb") is not applicable because:
        [*](a) A Nazarite was not identical to an inhabitant of Nazareth;
        [*](b) Acts 24:5 ("...a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes") shows that a Nazarene was actually a member of a sect, not a resident of Nazareth;
        [*](c) and the man referred to was Samson, not Jesus. Moreover, Jesus was never called a Nazarene.

[*](3) "then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me (Matt. 27:9-10)." There is no such statement in the Book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah 32:8-9 ("...Then I knew that this was the word of the Lord. And I bought the field of Hanameel my uncle's son, that was in Anatoth, and weighed him the money, even seventeen shekels of silver") doesn't apply because:
        [*](a) Matthew says 30 pieces of silver were involved while Jeremiah says 17 shekels of silver;
        [*](b) Jer. 32:9 says Jeremiah alone bought the field, while Matthew says "they" bought the field, and
        [*](c) Matthew is discussing blood money that was not approved by God or allowed in the treasury (Matt. 27:5-8), while that in Jeremiah was approved by God (Jer. 32:8, 14-15).

[*][color=red]Prophecies Which Were Incorrectly Fulfilled[/color]

[*](1) "And he (God--Ed.) said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them 400 years" (Gen. 15:13) and "God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil 400 years" (Acts 7:6) versus "Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was 430 years" (Ex. 12:40). According to prophecy the Israelites were to be in bondage for 400 years, not 430.
      [*](2) "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him saying,....And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession...." (Gen. 17:3, 8) and "For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for over" (Gen. 13:15) and (Ex. 32:13) versus "And he (God--Ed.) gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his (Abraham's--Ed.) foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to his for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child" (Acts 7:5) and "These (Abraham's descendants--Ed.) all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off...." (Heb. 11:13). Neither Abraham nor his descendants ever received the land that was promised. The prophecy failed.
      [*](3) "Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy graves in peace" (2 Kings 22:20). The prophetess, Huldah, predicted that Josiah would die in peace. Yet, 2 Kings 23:29-30 ("In his days Paraoah-nechoh king of Egypt went up against the king of Assyria to the river Euphrates; and King Josiah went against him; and he slew him at Megiddo, when he had seen him. And his servants carried him in a chariot dead from Megiddo, and brought him to Jerusalem and buried him....And the people of the land took Jehoahaz the son of Josiah, and anointed him, and made him king in his father's stead") shows this didn't occur.
      [*](4) "All the men who set their faces to go to Egypt to live there shall die by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence; they shall have no remnant or survivor to live in Egypt. In Alexandria they established a cultural center in the 1st centruy A.D.
      [*](5) "...thou (the city of Tyre--Ed.) shalt be built no more...." (Ezek. 26:14) and "For thus saith the Lord God; When I shall make thee (Tyre--Ed.) a desolate city like the cities that are not inhabited; when I shall bring up the deep upon thee and great waters shall cover thee;....and shall set thee in the low parts of the earth,...that thou be not inhabited;....I will make thee a terror, and thou shalt be no more: though thou be sought for, yet shalt thou never be found again,...." (Ezek. 26:19-21) and "The merchants among the people shall hiss at thee (Tyre--Ed.), thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt be any more" (Ezek. 27:36) and (Ezek. 28:19). In other words, Tyre will be destroyed and never rebuilt. But, as the following verses show, Tyre existed throughout NT times and still exists today. "And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon,..." (Mark 7:24) and "And again, departing from the coasts of Tyre and Sidon, he came unto the sea of Galilee,..." (Mark 7i:31) and "Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon..." (Acts 12:20) and (Acts 21:3, 7, Matt. 15:21, 3:8).
      [*](6) "And of Naphtali he said, O Naphtali, satisfied with favour, and full with the blessing of the Lord; possess thou the west and the south" (Deut. 33:23). Naphtali received a district in the north of Palestine but none in the south or west.
      [*](7) "...and thou (Abraham--Ed.) shalt be a father of many nations" (Gen. 17:4). Only 4 nations appear to have descended from Abraham: the Jews, Ishmaelites, Midianites, and Edomites.
      [*](8) "And Joshua burnt Ai, and made it an heap for ever, even a desolation unto this day" (Joshua 8:28). People live at Ai now and continued to live there after the prophecy. As Nehemiah said, "The men of Bethel and Ai, an one hundred and twenty three" (Neh. 7:32).
      [*](9) "Thus saith the Lord, Write ye this man (Coniah--Ed.) childless, a man that shall not prosper in his day: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David and ruling any more in Judah" (Jer. 22:20) versus "And Josias begat Jechonias (Coniah--Ed.)" (Matt. 1:11 in the genealogy of Jesus) and "He (Jesus--Ed.) shall be great, and shall be called the son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:..." (Luke 1:32). According to the prophecy in Jer. 22:30 Coniah would have no descendants sitting upon the throne of David and ruling in Judah. Jesus was a descendant of Coniah according to Matt. 1:11 and will eventually sit upon the throne of David according to Luke 1:32. The moment Jesus sits upon the throne of David, the prophecy in Jer. 22:30 will become false.
      [*](10) "Therefore wild beasts shall dwell with hyenas in Babylon, and ostriches shall dwell in her: she shall be peopled no more for ever, nor inhabited for all generations. As when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighbor cities, says the Lord, so no man shall dwell there, and no son of man shall sojourn in her" (Jer. 50:39-40) and "Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. And the voice of harpers, and musicians...shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman...shall be found any more in thee..." (Rev. 18:21-2
Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  05:44:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
quote:
]Prophecies Which Were Incorrectly Fulfilled Con't

[*](24) "But I (Jesus--Ed.) say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist" (Matt. 17:12-13) and "he sent, and beheaded John in the prison" (Matt. 14:10). Jesus did not die "likewise" as did John the Baptist who was beheaded.
    [*](25) "The Virgin of Israel is fallen: she shall no more rise" (Amos 5:2) versus "Again I will build you, and you shall be built, O virgin Israel! Again you shall adorn yourself with timbrels, and shall go forth in the dance of the merrymakers" (Jer. 31:4 RSV). As these prophecies contradict each other, one of them can not be fulfilled.
    [*](26) "In thee (Abraham--Ed.) shall all families of the earth be blessed" (Gen. 12:3) and "in thine seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed" (Gen. 22:18, 26:4) and "in thee (Jacob--Ed.) and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed" (Gen. 28:14). All the nations of the earth have not been particularly blessed in Abraham, in Jacob, or in their descendants, the Jews. Christians claim that Christ fulfilled this prophecy by giving Christianity to the world (See: Acts 3:25-26 and Gal. 3:8-9). But this assumes Christianity has been a blessing whereas history shows much to the contrary. Even supposing, for argument's sake, that Christianity is a blessing, the prophecy remains unfulfilled. The Chinese, the Hindus, the Jews, and, in fact, the larger part of the globe's population don't believe in Jesus. The household strife which he promised, and the national and religious strife of which it was the type can hardly be described as blessing all families of all nations.
    [*](27) "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord" (Mal. 4:5).
      [*](a) Elijah never came. If John the Baptist is Elijah as Jesus says in Matt. 11:12-14 and Matt. 17:12-13 ("But I say unto you, That Elijah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spoke unto them of John the Baptist"), then when did the great and dreadful day of the Lord occur? Moreover, John the Baptist becomes a prevaricator as he said he was not Elijah in John 1:19-21 ("And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, NO").
      [*](b) John the Baptist said he was not Elijah who was to come, Jesus does not say he is the Elijah who is to come ("...Some say that thou art John the Baptist: Some Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ,...And Jesus answered and siad unto him, Blessed art thou Simon Barjona...."--Matt. 16:13-17), no one else claims to be Elijah, and no one is designated as such. Therefore, the prophecy appears to have failed.

[*](28) "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse (Mal. 4:5-6). Regardless of who is Elijah "who was to come," present and past world conditions proved he failed to bring fathers and children together. The prophecy that he would "turn the heart of the children to their fathers" did not materialize. As Elijah did not come, Jesus fulfilled the prophecy in a very easy fashion by declaring that John the Baptist was the "Elias which was for to come" (Matt. 11:14), even though the "great and dreadful day" which Elijah was to herald never arrived.
    [*](29) "And they asked him (Jesus--Ed.) `Why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?' And he said to them, `Elijah does come first to restore all things.... But I tell you that Elijah has come, and they did to him whatever they pleased, as it is written of him" (Mark 9:11-13). This prophecy landed wide of the mark. What did John the Baptist restore? Nothing!
    [*](30) "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Matt. 12:40). That was the prophecy, but Mark 15:37 ("and Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost") and Mark 15:42 ("And now when the evening was come, because it was the preparation; that is the day before the sabbath") show that Jesus died on the day before the sabbath, which is Friday, while Mark 16:9 ("Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week....") and Matt. 28:1 ("In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene....") show that he rose sometime on Saturday night or Sunday morning. Friday afternoon to Sunday morning does not encompass three days and three nights.
    [*](31) "And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him!...." (Matt. 20:19) and "...they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles: And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill himl.." (Mark 10:33-34 and Luke 18:32-33) versus John 19:14-18 RSV ("...He--Pilate--said to the Jews, `Behold your king!' They cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him! Pilate said to them. Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar. Then he handed him over to them to be crucified. So they took Jesus,...to the place...called in Hebrew Golgotha. There they crucified him,...." According to the prophecy Jesus was to be killed by the Gentiles, not the Jews.
    [*](32) "And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things...and be killed, and after three days rise again" (Mark 8:31). Jesus died and was buried on a Friday evening. He rose sometime during Saturday night or Sunday morning. "After three days" means that he should have arisen after three days had passed, not a day and a half.
    [*](33) "Jesus said, Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life" (Mark 10:29-30 RSV). Many people have given up everything for the gospel's sake but have failed to receive "now in this time" such items as houses and lands. Jesus' prophecy, his promise, failed. Moreover, receiving retrospective motherhood in wholesale quantities would be more unbelievable than the Virgin Birth.
    [*](34) "And Jesus said unto him (the thief on the cross--Ed.), Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43). This prophecy by Jesus could not have been kept unless Christ went to heaven that day, in which case he could not have been buried three days and three nights. His prophecy in Matt. 12:40 (See: #30 above) would have failed.
    [*](35) "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (John 10-27-28). Yet, the following show they wer
Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  05:45:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
In other words, you listed a few that might have been fufilled, but the truth is there are hundreds more that haven't come close to being fufilled. That's the problem with the Bible, you can't pick and choose what you want. It is either true or wrong? If you are just going to pick and choose, then how do you know your salvation is for real?

tk
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  07:34:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
tkster, verlch, instead of loading the page with several posts full of information, it would be better to link to a site that information came from, then provide a brief synopsis on this page.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  08:07:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Boron10

tkster, verlch, instead of loading the page with several posts full of information, it would be better to link to a site that information came from, then provide a brief synopsis on this page.

Thanks!

Welcome back, Boron10. If you're just now asking verlch to limit his cut-and-pasting, you indeed have lost of catching up to do!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  09:01:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Copyright, no?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  14:40:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
quote:

Thanks!

My apologies but since Verlch decided to list his, I decided to list mine. Bottom line: He wouldn't have actually gone to Infidel Guy to read what Rook Hawkins had written.

tk
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  15:08:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by tkster

quote:

Thanks!

My apologies but since Verlch decided to list his, I decided to list mine. Bottom line: He wouldn't have actually gone to Infidel Guy to read what Rook Hawkins had written.

tk

The only thing that I would caution about is copyright infringement.

I'd have to suggest that the bulk of the quoted material of tk's post be removed due to this at the bottom of the Infidel Guy's site.

"All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002 by The Infidel Guy."

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  15:10:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

quote:

Thanks!

tk

The only thing that I would caution about is copyright infringement.

I'd have to suggest that the bulk of the quoted material of tk's post be removed due to this at the bottom of the Infidel Guy's site.

"All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002 by The Infidel Guy."

Actually it comes from a Post at IG, which Rook says people are free to copy and show to theists. I attach his name to it so that people know that it is not mine, but Rook Hawkins work because it is well done. But the actual content is from a post, not an article at IG.

The link is here: http://www.infidelguy.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5489

tk
Edited by - tkster on 11/30/2004 15:13:16
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  22:46:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:

From Rook Hawkins, prophecies that have NOT been fufilled:

quote:
Generally speaking, prophetic failures can be grouped into three separate categories: Those which were fulfilled in a manner different from that promised, those which have never occurred, and New Testament references to Old Testament prophecies that don't exist.

Then there are the Messianic Propheces...those applied to Jesus. A breakdown of these as well will show not only do they not apply to Jesus, but some don't even apply to people, but events of the [color=red]PAST[/color].

I'll start off wth several prophecies that are worthy of note:

[*]In Jonah 3:4 (RSV) Jonah cried, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!" But Jonah 3:10 shows that the prophecy materialized in a manner precisely opposite to that which was predicted. It states: When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God repented of the evil which he said he would do them, and he did not do it." It is no defense to say that they turned from their evil ways and, therefore, God was justified in changing his mind, i.e., the conditions under which Jonah had made his prophecy had changed. If he had been a true prophet, he would have seen this change coming. Even more important, the prophecy was not conditional. He flatly stated Nineveh would be overthrown in 40 days, which didn't occur.

[*]Isaiah says: "...put on thy garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean." Yet, the uncircumcised have never stopped traveling through Jerusalem.

[*]In John 14:12 Jesus says: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth in me, the works that I do shall he also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." But what believer has ever done a miracle greater than those preformed by Jesus?

[*]In John 14:13-14 Jesus stated: "And whatsoever ye ask in my name I do, that the Father may be glorified in the son. If ye ask any thing in my name, I will do it." In reality, millions of people have made millions of requests in Jesus' name and failed to receive satisfaction. This promise or prophecy has failed completely.

[*]In 2 Chron. 1:7, 12 God said the following to Solomon: "Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee: and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like." This prophecy has also proved to be erroneous. There were several kings in his day, and thousands since, that could have thrown away the value of Palestine without missing the amount. The wealth of Solomon has been exceeded by many, and is small by today's standards.

[*]In 1 Thess. 4:16-17 Paul stated: "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord." Paul shared the delusion, taught by Jesus, in that he expected to be snatched up bodily into heaven with other saints then living, who would, thus, never taste death. The use of "we" clearly proves as much. It is difficult to deny that Paul was certain that the end of the world was coming in the lifetime of his contemporaries.

[*]First Samuel 27:1 says: "And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Sual:..." Whether stated in or out of his heart David erred decisively. He did not die by the hand of Saul as he predicted, but appears to have died of old age, according to 1 Kings 2:10, which says: "So David slept with his fathers and was buried in the city of David." Having died before David, Saul couldn't have been responsible.

[*]Gen. 15:16 predicted that: "In the fourth generation they (Abraham's descendants-ed) shall come hither again..." God told Abraham that his descendants would return in the fourth generation. Yet, if Abraham is excluded, it actually occurred during the sixth generation. The generations were
      [*](1) Abraham,
      [*](2) Issac,
      [*](3) Levi-Ex. 1:3,
      [*](4) Kohath-Ex. 6:16,
      [*](5) Amram-Ex. 6:18, and
      [*](6) Moses-Ex. 6:20.

[*]Jer. 34:4-5 predicted that Zedekiah would experience a peaceful death: "Yet hear the word of the Lord, O Zedekiah king of Judah; Thus saith the Lord of thee, Thou shalt not die by the sword: But thou shall die in peace...." Yet Jer. 52:10-11 shows that he died in something less than a peaceful manner: "And the king of Babylon slew the sons of Zedekaih before his eyes: he slew also the princes of Judah in Riblah. Then he put out the eyes of Zedekiah; and the king of Babylon bound him in chains, and carried him to Babylon, and put him in prison till the day of his death."

[*]John 7:52 says: "They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet." The inaccuracy of this prophecy lies in the fact that several of the most distinguished Jewish prophets--Jonah, Nahum, Hosea, Elijah--were from Galilee.

Good job, seems like small pickens. Perhaps with all those answers you have for a book you detest maybe you have an answer to explain 'why you are here?' Where did you come from and who put you here and what is your purpose? Why do you have fath in a theory that has drawings, pictures of skulls and badly decomposed skeletons to prove its 'theory' as fact? The bible has plenty of prophesy that is true and held to be true. Darwinism predicted millions of fossils proving his theory. There are there he proclaimed, yet no fossils in direct transition are found. The only transition fossils we find are drawings and lots of writing on what they would look like. This is all for trillions of species and fossils! Your work is cut out for you men!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  03:46:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Verlch, verlch, verlch........

quote:
Good job, seems like small pickens. Perhaps with all those answers you have for a book you detest maybe you have an answer to explain 'why you are here?' Where did you come from and who put you here and what is your purpose? Why do you have fath in a theory that has drawings, pictures of skulls and badly decomposed skeletons to prove its 'theory' as fact? The bible has plenty of prophesy that is true and held to be true. Darwinism predicted millions of fossils proving his theory. There are there he proclaimed, yet no fossils in direct transition are found. The only transition fossils we find are drawings and lots of writing on what they would look like. This is all for trillions of species and fossils! Your work is cut out for you men!

Yes, the work is indeed cut out for us, but unlike the various YEC cult's endevors, ours is being acomplished. Never the less, I have come to realize that no amount of carefully documented, supported and indeed, factual findings will ever influence your paraplegic train of thought. Thus, I will forgo arguing with you. We've covered that ground already anyway, so there's no point to it.

By the bye, how did you like the fossil trees from the Jurrasic, from the days of the dinosaurs, that I showed you a while back? Or did you even bother to open the link?

If ignorance is bliss, y'all exist in Nirvana.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  04:16:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

... Thus, I will forgo arguing with you. We've covered that ground already anyway, so there's no point to it.
You can drag a dead horse to water, but no matter how hard or how long you beat it you can't make it drink.

"Of course like every other man of intelligence and education I do believe in organic evolution.
It surprises me that at this late date such questions should be raised."
-- Woodrow Wilson, 1922
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  04:52:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

... Thus, I will forgo arguing with you. We've covered that ground already anyway, so there's no point to it.
You can drag a dead horse to water, but no matter how hard or how long you beat it you can't make it drink.

"Of course like every other man of intelligence and education I do believe in organic evolution.
It surprises me that at this late date such questions should be raised."
-- Woodrow Wilson, 1922

And dragging that horse is exactly what we've been doing for lo, these many, wearisome threads. By the time we get to the lake on top of Verlch Mountain, we'll be too tired to beat him. Might as well just build a fire, slather the fucker in hot sauce, and go fishing 'till he's done and ready to eat.

On the plus side, there has been one hell of a lot of excellent info laboriously dug up and posted in those threads. So, I guess he's not a total waste of time, just almost.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.