Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  17:06:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
The here is the energy dispersed from the decomposing corpse. This energy may be a natural explanation for what we call ghosts. No I am not talking about the Sun. Maybe the energy from the decomposing body is resposible. And as it disperses it effects the environment hence producing ghostly phenomenon. If matter and energy never die then maybe the energy dispersed does not die and although we were once conscious beings our conscious slowly fades as the body decomposes and this phenomenon happen. And if energy and mattter never die but go back into the environment then maybe every so often the environment replays a certain phenomenon. Maybe Ricky it is in death that the phenomenon exists not in the living hence the numerous accounts of dead people. Althoug there are those who have encountered Phantasms of the living. I tell ya about what happened to me in reference to that. But just think what I said aboout here.

Storm
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  17:36:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Maybe the expelled waste gas has an energy that can lead to the phenomenon when put into the atmosphere.

Yeah buddy! Did you ever have to handle a floater? Those gases can produce all sorts of energy in just trying to get it into the body bag.

Beyond that, I don't see how the dissapated energy, the bodies heat and it's physical components, and so forth, could do much more than re-enter the enviornment to be absorbed, in one form or another, by other organisms. In the case of our floater, the heat was rapidly absorbed by the water. And in one case, the crabs had been at a wound in his head, absorbing yet more of the energy.

This energy does not need to come from the dead. A great many endo and extoparasites thrive upon the living. But these must either leave or die when the host dies. And in their turn, they too, will give up their energy.

Nothing goes to waste in nature. All energy is recycled, one way or another.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  17:37:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
The here is the energy dispersed from the decomposing corpse.

This energy is dispersed at a smaller rate than when a "corpse" is alive, and at a decreasing rate. You also ignore that energy is dispersed when a person is alive, even though this is the thrid time I've said this and you have yet to disagree.

quote:
And as it disperses it effects the environment hence producing ghostly phenomenon.

Unless you can show how matter harnesses this energy and there is a mechanism to do work, no, it can't.

quote:
If matter and energy never die then maybe the energy dispersed does not die and although we were once conscious beings our conscious slowly fades as the body decomposes and this phenomenon happen.

You fail to grasp what energy is, and you show this by saying that energy never "dies". Only living things can die, so saying that energy can not die is a worthless statement, just like saying a rock can't die.

All known evidence says that our consciousness stops exactly at the time of death. Energy is not consciousness, don't confuse the two. Consciousness, from what we have observed, is the interaction of cells in our brains. As soon as this interaction stops, so does our consciousness. And it just so happens that this interaction comes to a screeching halt at the time of death.

quote:
And if energy and mattter never die but go back into the environment then maybe every so often the environment replays a certain phenomenon.

Again, you need matter which absorbs the energy and a mechanism to use the energy. You have provided none. You are making empty statements.

quote:
Maybe Ricky it is in death that the phenomenon exists not in the living hence the numerous accounts of dead people.

You have yet to show any evidence that either phenomenon exists, you only merely suggest the possibility of it. And what is this talk about numerous accounts of dead people?

quote:
Althoug there are those who have encountered Phantasms of the living. I tell ya about what happened to me in reference to that. But just think what I said aboout here.

Again, who has encountered these? I have thought about what you have said here, and I find it absurd and unsupported. It can be one or the other, but when you have both, you have major problems.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 12/07/2004 17:39:57
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  17:48:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
I do not know how it works but I will not stop contemplating and coming up with new theories. new critical thinking. well what do others think about this?

Storm
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  17:57:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Storm

The here is the energy dispersed from the decomposing corpse. This energy may be a natural explanation for what we call ghosts. No I am not talking about the Sun. Maybe the energy from the decomposing body is resposible.

But Storm, you are talking about the sun! That's what I can't get you to understand. Sunlight is fundamentally no different than the energy released by a living thing. In fact, the origin of the energy in almost all earthly living things is the sun. You can't say "maybe energy does this..." when there is no conceivable law of energy to account for what you are referring to. Energy simply just doesn't act that way.

When you want to think of "dead people energy," just think of sunlight. All energy acts on the same principles and is constricted by the same laws. Ok? Is that simple enough for you to understand? Whenever you have an idea, ask yourself, "Could sunlight behave this way?" If the answer is "No," then you aren't dealing with energy.

I'll get you started. "Does sunlight have the ability to spontaneously form itself into the likeness of dead inviduals?"

No.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 12/07/2004 17:59:45
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:09:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Did you know that energy can be absorbed from a rock, take that, Kent Hovind!

It's true. There are species of colonial bacteria that live in caves and hot springs that ingest rock, notably containing sulpher, and excrete sulpheric acid. Indeed, they live in a bath of their own excretions strong enough to burn your hand.

They are resopnsible for the formation of many caves in the areas that they are found. Not only do they eat the rock, but their excretions help with the excavation.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:12:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
Well H. I have to say yes. In numerous cases of ghostly, angelic, phenomenon the apparition in question is clothed in light or has a glowing around it. if I do not understand about energy tell me more. tell me the exact correlation of the Sun and energy. Although I can sit here and contemplate which believe I have been and will continue beyond these posts but just let me know.

Storm
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:12:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
I do not know how it works but I will not stop contemplating and coming up with new theories. new critical thinking. well what do others think about this?

There is your problem right there. A fundamental understanding of science is needed before science can be pursued. Coming up with suggestions is not a theory. Theories come off of evidence. You don't make a theory and then look for evidence. You find evidence and then make a theory.

The fact that you have no evidence (as you have said) will always stop you from making legitimate theories. You are in the realm of pseudoscience, and until you follow scientific ways, you will always be there.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:31:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
At least I am in a realm of Science even if it is Pseudo. I have always been a Pseudo type of girl But at least the word science is being used when talking about phenomenon. Finally Evolving

Storm
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:41:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Storm

Well H. I have to say yes. In numerous cases of ghostly, angelic, phenomenon the apparition in question is clothed in light or has a glowing around it. if I do not understand about energy tell me more. tell me the exact correlation of the Sun and energy. Although I can sit here and contemplate which believe I have been and will continue beyond these posts but just let me know.

I can see this is pointless. You really need a basic understanding of physics before you can proceed. I'm thinking 8th grade level will be sufficient. But you need to research that on your own, as I'm not here to spoon-feed you. That is what you're fond of telling us, right?

We can continue this discussion when you can explain to me:

1) What is energy?
2) Why does the sun produce heat and light? Are light and heat energy? How are light and heat different from one another?
3) Is electricity a form of energy? How is electricity different from heat and light?
4) How do plants convert sunlight into a form of energy that can be used by the plant to grow?
5) What other forms of energy are there? How are all forms of energy related?

Don't do the research for me. You'll need this information for yourself. If you wish to posit that apparitions are "energy," you need to understand what you are suggesting.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 12/07/2004 18:45:18
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:43:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Storm wrote:
quote:
if I do not understand about energy tell me more.
Avoid the trap, guys.

"Ghosts? Show us the evidence," we asked. "No," Storm replied, "you need to find it for yourselves."

Now that Storm is the one asking for more information, I'd say that turnabout is fair play. After all, she's been doing unto us as she'd like us to do unto her, right? Tell her to go read some introductory physics textbooks.

Otherwise, you're just feeding the nonsense. Few explanations will be able to do the subject proper justice, and every other post, Storm will, with her new partial understanding of energy, come up with some new "theory" which isn't a theory, or even a hypothesis, but just a bunch of baseless speculation.

She can't even acknowledge Ricky's attempt to teach her the minimum about energy: that it doesn't change depending on whether one is alive or dead. Rudely, she won't even answer him on that point. Morton's Demon strikes again!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:43:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
I think I have to vote Storm's last post as the most mislead post of the year.

quote:
At least I am in a realm of Science even if it is Pseudo.

Pseudoscience is not in the realm of Science. Pseudoscience is actually one of the furthest things you can have from science.

You are no where close to science.

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  19:12:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
You may say that I am rude but that is cheap. I have never been rude. Maybe my knowledge of energy is not as vast as yours. But it does not mean I am not open to learning. I have no problem going researching all of H. questions of energy in fact that it what I plan to do. But do not fall short to angry comments.
My theory is just that... So don't try to steal it when it is proven
one thing though your responses back and forth to my woo woo has proven your own interest and questions on that matter and that says a whole lot.
So I have gone from the most ironic post to the best thread , to the most misleading.
Well as my Loving Husband DXS says Baby, Press Is Press

Storm
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  19:18:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Facts before theories = science
Theories before facts = baloney.

Which one are you practicing, Storm?

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  20:16:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
Facts Ricky and I am going to start with H. Questions and then I will put some of my theories to the test. Can you deny your own experiences and leave the supernatural out well at least leave it as the last resort in fact I found a wonderful article on scientific methodology
http://www.psy.gu.se/EJP/EJP.htm

Go here and read the article on Research Methods in Experimental Parapsychology: Problems and Prospects

Supernatural is the last possible explanation

Storm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.49 seconds.