Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rift
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2001 :  06:23:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rift a Private Message
I'm not sure who is more reprehensible now, Sylvia Brown or Sollog...

http://www.sollog.com/wtc.shtml

Unfortunately I think we're gonna have to wade through lots of claims like this. To bad they weren't this confident or more accurate about a date BEFORE the 11th.

("Sometime around 1999", geez, that silly "King of Terror" quantain of Nostradmus sure gets a lot of milage...)

"Goddammit! The world is just filling up with more and more idiots! And the computer is giving them access to the world! They're
spreading their stupidity! At least they were contained before--now they're on the loose everywhere!"?
Go to Top of Page

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2001 :  11:27:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
I haven't tried to catch Rush Limbaugh yet, but I did just see Jerry Falwell claiming that "pagans", the aclu, "abortionists", People for the American Way, and those who have "expelled God from the classroom" must share some of the blame for this terrorist outrage. Other fundy-thumpers are making similar declarations, and worse.
I am not going to retract anything I said, but this is not the time for recrimination. I am not going to give aid and comfort to Bible thumping finger-pointers by indulging in any more of it. Superstition-mongers are exploiting this for all it is worth. I literally can't find the words to express my contempt and anger at this.

Abducting UFOs and conspiring against conspiracy theorists since 1980.
Go to Top of Page

Greg
Skeptic Friend

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2001 :  11:34:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Greg an AOL message Send Greg a Private Message
quote:
I am not going to retract anything I said, but this is not the time for recrimination. I am not going to give aid and comfort to Bible thumping finger-pointers by indulging in any more of it. Superstition-mongers are exploiting this for all it is worth. I literally can't find the words to express my contempt and anger at this.

I agree. It's not time to blame each other. When evrything is taken care of (as best as possible), then it's time to reflect on our culture. Emotions are quite high right now.

Greg.

Go to Top of Page

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2001 :  11:40:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
Sure enough, I always know where to find the worst of religious hatred and insanity, in the US anyway: http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/dayofterror.html
According to chief bigot Fred Phelps, "the rod of god hath smitten America."
I expect that more "moderate" fundy preachers will pick up on this "wrath of god" shit.
It is a win-win situation for them. People turn to them in time of crisis, and they tell the people what must be done to appease gawd.
This just in, Dubya has called for tomorrow to be a day of national prayer and remembrance. We have our work cut out for us.

Abducting UFOs and conspiring against conspiracy theorists since 1980.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2001 :  22:57:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
I thought the cycle of violence started with the ethnic cleansing that created Israel in the first place. Jews fighting to create Israel burned Arab homes and forced them off their lands. If I was an Arab, I would have been pissed, too. Now there's an alien state that doesn't fit in at all with its neighbors and the neighbors all hate it. Israel has bullied every nation in the region for years and they have only been able to do so with the backing of the US.

Israel has been under almost constant attack since it was handed the keys to the land by an occupying country. They were not expected to last a month. The land they have is small. They have no oil to export. They made a garden out of the desert. Perhaps they have not always acted as I would have them act but I do think they have a right to exist. When I was there I couldn't help but notice how many Palestinians had thriving businesses in Israel. I was surprised that they had representation in the Kinesit. I am not suggesting that there were/are no inequities, but how have their neighbors treated the Palestinians? I have always sided with the labor party in Israel. As small as Israel is I do think there should also be a Palestine. Perhaps you are one of those who think that Israel should be pushed into the Sea? Your posts are starting to alarm me.

The Evil Skeptic

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

Greg
Skeptic Friend

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2001 :  04:33:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Greg an AOL message Send Greg a Private Message
quote:
Israel has been under almost constant attack since it was handed the keys to the land by an occupying country. They were not expected to last a month. The land they have is small. They have no oil to export. They made a garden out of the desert. Perhaps they have not always acted as I would have them act but I do think they have a right to exist. When I was there I couldn't help but notice how many Palestinians had thriving businesses in Israel. I was surprised that they had representation in the Kinesit. I am not suggesting that there were/are no inequities, but how have their neighbors treated the Palestinians? I have always sided with the labor party in Israel. As small as Israel is I do think there should also be a Palestine.

I think that the majority of Isrelis and Palestinians want to live peacefully together. There are fanatics on both sides that want war - I think just for the sake of war. These people seem to get all the press here in the US and we are forced to take sides due to incomplete information (false dilemma).

Greg.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.