New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2004 :  20:54:26  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
Parody? We wish, eh?

Holy shit! I guess she doesnt' know that xians trying to conver them to xianity centuries ago is maybe part of the reason they hate us now, eh?

quote:
To The People Of Islam:
Just think: If we'd invaded your countries, killed your leaders and converted you to Christianity YOU'D ALL BE OPENING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS RIGHT ABOUT NOW!
Merry Christmas

Yes, the ones who survived, anyway, you dumb t**!

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2004 :  21:28:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
What's really funny about Ann (Hatchetface) Coulter is that she thinks she is smart.

In reality she's only smart enough to spout the processed garbage that the republican party has all of it's media spout.

And she has no problem with using lies and personal attacks based on lies. She's a scumbag.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2004 :  22:12:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
I love Ann Coulter. I just recently bought her book and fell over my seat laughing. The woman is amazingly hilarious.

tk
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2004 :  23:19:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by tkster

I love Ann Coulter. I just recently bought her book and fell over my seat laughing. The woman is amazingly hilarious.

tk

Yeah. I love Ann Coulter, too. If by "love" you mean "want to have her eaten alive by tiny parasites and then have every memory of her pathetic, hype-generating faux-career obliterated," then yes, I love her very much. She makes me laugh only in that some people think the crap she writes is a valid reflection of reality or how to deal with it.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  02:03:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Coulter is no more than the product of a section of society that idolizes the likes of Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Savage et al. She is a construct of her audience.

Like her audience, she is ignorant of history and literature, and, I suspect, geography. She has the social graces of rabies and the ethetics of the clap. She is a mediocer writer at best, and that's just as well, as her audience doesn't tend to read much. When they do, they like to see someone else getting hurt. Turn it around and they'll squeal like stuck pigs about being abused. She is a noisey metronome, ticking along, never varying from her pre-set beat, which is all that her audience is capable of understanding. She is a spiritual whore and they pay her for her services with attention. Both she and they live in a world of delusion and thus are scarcly worthy of consideration, much less interest.

Oddly, or perhaps not, her books don't sell all that well, individually. Many are bought in bulk and given out as freebies by neocon organizations. Whether they are actually read in their entirity is open to question, but it drives her sales up.

Pretty good legs, though.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  07:04:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
Although I nearly always disagree with conservatives, occassionally an intelligent, thoughtful right-winger poses interesting or valid points.

Certainly, some conservative ideas have merit and are worth considering--even if they are rejected. Coulter puts forth nothing worth considering, nothing new, nothing that raises the level of political discourse.

She's just hateful. When I watch her on tv, she looks pinched...like she's repressing gallons of anger. I think she's taken whatever personal psychological issues she has and turned them into hatred of liberals.

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  07:33:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Kick over a rock.....

'In his hilarious 2003 book Lies (And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them), Al Franken argues that the abusive tone of rightwing zealots like Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter can be traced back to Scaife, and in particular to one episode in 1981 when Scaife verbally assaulted a reporter. When the reporter, Karen Rothmeyer of the Columbia Journalism Review, asked Scaife about his funding of conservative groups, he replied, "You fucking communist cunt, get out of here." Franken writes that Scaife "went on to tell her that she was ugly and that her teeth were 'terrible.' Of Ms. Rothmeyer's mother, who was not present, he said, 'She's ugly, too.' Sensing that it was time to wrap up the interview, Ms. Rothmeyer thanked Scaife for his time. He bade her farewell with a cheery 'Don't look behind you.'"

"That's the funny thing about tone," Franken continues, "It's so subjective. Usually, I find it's enough to call someone a 'fucking communist cunt,' without having to gild the lily by disparaging her teeth and issuing veiled threats."'

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 12/26/2004 07:36:20
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  07:51:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by tkster

Yuck! How can you stand to know even one dime of your money went into her purse?

Next time you want to buy a book and laugh I recommend America (The Book) - A Citizen's Guide to Democracy in Action. My husband was reading it last night while the rest of us were watching a Christmas movie. He laughed so loud we had to turn up the television!

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  09:22:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Coulter and her ilk are merely examples of old-time, yellow journalism come back to haunt us. As is Fox News. The difference is that none of these can be considered journalists, even by the widest strech.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I really should look this shit up before posting, but am too lazy) but I think Coulter has a law degree. I don't know if she's ever passed the Bar, nor even taken the exam.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  11:25:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I really should look this shit up before posting, but am too lazy) but I think Coulter has a law degree. I don't know if she's ever passed the Bar, nor even taken the exam.

You're not wrong. She got her law degree from the University of Michigan Law School. She has practiced law in New York, private practice. She also worked for the Senate Judiciary Committee (for Sen. Spencer Abraham), and she worked for the Center for Individual Rights in Washington, D.C.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  11:27:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Coulter bio:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/BIOS/cbcoulter.html

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  23:01:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I think Coulter is calculating that outrageous sells. There is a certain amount of 'put on' in her garbage mouth. Of course statements like
quote:
I think it's time to come clean with my readers and admit that I belong to a small religious cult that celebrates the birth of Jesus this week.
make one wonder what her image of "god is love" entails.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  01:50:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

I think Coulter is calculating that outrageous sells. There is a certain amount of 'put on' in her garbage mouth. Of course statements like
quote:
I think it's time to come clean with my readers and admit that I belong to a small religious cult that celebrates the birth of Jesus this week.
make one wonder what her image of "god is love" entails.

Hadn't read of that quote. Sorta borders on more 'Chirstian persacution' sniveling, doesn't it. Either that, and perhaps more likely, sucking up to Christians.

Cynical slut, ain't she?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  02:55:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Ann Coulter makes money from her vitriol and she has the right to an opinion.

The real bastards are the ones that give this apparently insane woman a forum and treat her as if she had anything to contribute to society.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  03:40:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
From filthy's fovourite, The Rude Pundit....

Why Ann Coulter is a c***

Language warning, the Rude Pundit is quite, well, rude.

Sums it, and the conservative view point quite well though....

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Edited by - gezzam on 01/04/2005 03:41:16
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  04:49:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

Ann Coulter makes money from her vitriol and she has the right to an opinion.

The real bastards are the ones that give this apparently insane woman a forum and treat her as if she had anything to contribute to society.

This is true, true indeed. And I have heaped even more of my own vitriol on her audience than I've left on her own doorstep (in a flaming, paper bag ).

But I wonder; just how large is that audience? How many are serious hate-mongers and how many are just along for the laughs? She can be quite amusing, when looked at from a certain perspective; that of a sight-seer touring Bedlam.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.